Lacanfora: Bills have reached out to Raiders about Khalil Mack trade

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Big C said:

I get the feeling that he would want to play for this team.

Maybe, or maybe until he's unhappy about something. I don't know the man, don't know how he approaches things. I only know what his reported actions are, and what McBeane sez they look for in a player. Doesn't seem to be a match

1 minute ago, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

Maybe, or maybe until he's unhappy about something. I don't know the man, don't know how he approaches things. I only know what his reported actions are, and what McBeane sez they look for in a player. Doesn't seem to be a match

You're right about that, generally speaking.

Just now, lookylookyherecomescookie said:

according to reports, yeah. If true, it's a surprise to me. Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong

One thing I have learned about this new regime, is that you never know what they are going to do next.

Just now, BrotherChazz said:

So your logic is that they reached out to ask for a guy they don't actually want?

Excuse me? What are you even asking? If a great player might be on the market, at a position of need, smart teams are going to look into the cost and possibility. ANY player that might make your team better needs to be investigated. 

Maybe we just have some miscommunication here, as that seems pretty obvious. 

Why are people worried about Murphy? The guy hasn't done squat here in Buffalo except be hurt... Same thing he did in Washington. I'm not counting on Murphy for anything but warming pine with a GROIN injury... If they can get Mack they better be all over that. That's generational talent... That's like the 2nd coming of Bruce for this franchise.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

Hughes or Shaq and a pick? I hope its Shaq but knowing Gruden he probably wants Jerry.

Get it done Beane! 

He does love the aging players, I mean wiley veterans :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

I hear you but it is dependent on what the other teams can afford too.

True but there seems to be interest in Mack from multiple teams. Although I do think that the fact that Mack wants a huge salary bump is going to drag his value down a bit. Mack should command a 1st in 2019 and a mid rounder in 2019 plus a pick in 2020. I would if I were running the Bills give out Hughes (If they were interested in him but lower the compensation a little) 2019 1st and a 2019 4th plus a 4th in 2020. I would be comfortable doing that type of deal but who knows exactly what Beane is comfortable with. 

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Can’t see Beane giving up his first round next year and then paying him $100 mil plus..

Second 2019 and second 2020 and Hughes maybe but will that get it done?

The Raiders are going to want a 1st. Some team would be willing to at the very least give up a 1st plus a mid round pick in 2019 and 2020.