Is Steve Tasker Peterman's agent?

58 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I haven't read every response in this thread, so forgive me if this has already been said....  Each of them having a different opinion on who should start, seems to be an attempt to create more "lively" discussions on the QB situation...which takes up about 86% of the shows content.  It would be pretty boring (or more boring some would argue) if they both agreed.

This.

7 hours ago, nucci said:

so it's ok to get killed in game 5 or ok for Peterman to get killed?

I would prefer he not have to face the Ravens in Baltimore, Chargers with sick pass rushers even at home, Vikings in Minny and Packers in Green Bay while standing behind 4 human speed bumps and Dawkins. If I'm being honest I'd rather keep him out til week 7 and avoid the Texans as well, though I dunno if Peterman and McCarron will be alive then.  

1 hour ago, ndirish1978 said:

I would prefer he not have to face the Ravens in Baltimore, Chargers with sick pass rushers even at home, Vikings in Minny and Packers in Green Bay while standing behind 4 human speed bumps and Dawkins. If I'm being honest I'd rather keep him out til week 7 and avoid the Texans as well, though I dunno if Peterman and McCarron will be alive then.  

Hope for Groy to start at center.  Bodine is a turnstile when pass blocking. 

10 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Correction. He threw five interceptions in half a game.

OOOoohhh with the...."He threw 5 picks thing",  if Peterman was a Patriot I would get it.

The dude was trying to play even though his own lineman was playing for the chargers that game.

12 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

How much did McCarron learn from the bench?

I dont understand people who say "learn from the bench." If you learn so much from the bench, how come the rate of backups turning starters is so low?

If you like what you see from your rookie QB, you start him. If he's "RUINED" early on in his career and has his "confidence" hurt because of a few bad games, he has no business being an NFL QB in the first place.

Really depends on how you define "backup". If you're talking about QBs who sat a year or more turning into stars, well: Brady, Brees, Garoppolo, Cousins and maybe Taylor. then you have journeymen that have started a ton of games for full seasons like McCown, Hoyer, Siemian, Brissett. It's really not "rare" in any sense of the word. The majority of active starting QBs were drafted outside of the first round.

13 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

After the Cleveland game Tasker said on the TV broadcast he favored Peterman to start opening day.  

This whole week, all Tasker has been doing on his WGR show with Murphy is shill for Peterman.  

He's talked up Peterman more than the guy's agent would if he had a radio show.  

"Shill for Peterman?" Are you serious? That's like calling everyone on this board who want Allen to start, and post about it daily, "shilling" for Allen.

Can't people just have opinions? Tasker's are more educated & close to the situation than ours, so maybe, and I know this sounds crazy, MAYBE it's simply his opinion? So when the topic comes up (which it does DAILY), he's not going to flip his opinion, and state who he wants to start and why....

That's how those things work.

6 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I don't see how you pick and choose which games Allen plays.

17 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Throw Peterman to the wolves, not Allen. Ravens, Chargers, and Vikings will eat alive any Bills QB this year. 

17 hours ago, Direhard Fan said:

If it's between Peterman or Allen , I rather see Peterman just because he has the year experience.  Let Josh learn from the bench and don't get him killed the first year.  I worry about the "O" line letting that happen. 

17 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'd prefer Peterman or McCarron start the season just like him. I don't want Allen on the field with that terrible O-line for the first 4 games, he'll get killed.

Jesus Christ, such defeatist attitudes!  The Bills are actually allowed to gameplan for those contests, believe it or not!  Allen is the future AND the present.

18 hours ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Maybe because Peterman has been the best QB on the field for us so far this season...  

I personally think the guy will eventually be better than the likes of Kirk Cousins and a few other fringe talent QBs.  I just don't get all the hate towards him on this board.  Blah, blah, blah he threw 5 interceptions in a game....  who gives a flying FU3k.

Speaking only for myself, the 5 interceptions was awful but it is not the reason why I would rather the Bills start Allen over Peterman.  I think Peterman has the DNA that McD is always preaching, and I think he is overall an accurate QB, but I think his lack of top end arm strength makes it hard for him to effectively make all the throws necessary to be a starting QB in the NFL.  If he knows where to go with the ball and its on target, but doesn't have enough zip it allows DBs to more easily break on the ball.

I think the 5 interception narrative is just an easy way out for people who just want to say Peterman sucks.  I think Peterman could be a good QB in some systems that play to his strengths.  But after so many years I just want the Bills to have a QB that can play in any system.  By at least starting Allen this year and giving him a chance to see what he has, we can at least know if the Bills have that QB in Allen.

Edited by Johnnycage46

Tasker said yesterday that if Josh Allen gives you the best chance to win, start him. I think Tasker is skeptical that Allen as a rookie can come in and do that.

But I don't think he has been talking Peterman up all that much. Just stating his opinion like everyone else.

13 hours ago, Steptide said:

Murphys been pretty annoying about Allen Imo. Super Homer about him and the bills. I get it, they're bills employees, but still. 

No, homer would be "Trust the process, trust the coaches! McDermott will start Allen when he thinks he is ready!"

By Murphy pounding the table for Allen each week, he's doing the opposite. He's saying he doesn't agree with how the coaches are handling it. He'd rather Allen get as much experience in the preseason with the starters as possible.

Now, there are plenty of annoying things about Murphy AND Tasker, but people play the homer card on him too zealously, in my opinion. I think he comes to logical conclusions and his opinions are reasonable. But yeah, he is a fan of the team.

This week will be telling.... The 3rd preseason game being the dress rehearsal, both teams will be installing a game plan. This will tell us how ready Allen is. 

I am a big Peterman fan, but think he would be a lot easier to game plan for than Allen.   

18 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

After the Cleveland game Tasker said on the TV broadcast he favored Peterman to start opening day.  

This whole week, all Tasker has been doing on his WGR show with Murphy is shill for Peterman.  

He's talked up Peterman more than the guy's agent would if he had a radio show.  

Well if you go by pure numbers. Peterman has been better this preseason. However it is clear that Allen is the better QB. 

I think Sunday it is Allen’s job to win or lose. 

He doesnt perform well Peterman gets the start. 

He Performs well the Josh Allen Era has begun. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Go get Tasker a raise.  Do your job. 

Wow, I'm impressed, you showed me!

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well if you go by pure numbers. Peterman has been better this preseason. However it is clear that Allen is the better QB. 

I think Sunday it is Allen’s job to win or lose. 

He doesnt perform well Peterman gets the start. 

He Performs well the Josh Allen Era has begun. 

Great post!

11 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

So What!

So we're to believe that every game he plays in,he's going to throw 5 interceptions?

Ten.

15 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Now Tasker's agent chimes in. 

The Buffalo Destroyers don't exist anymore for EJ to be our QB today.  EJ's been sitting for a few years now and nobody in the NFL would want him as their starter.  The ruined a QB stuff is absolute nonsense.

Yeah. He's been sitting a few years AFTER St. Doug threw him to the wolves his rookie year.