Is Steve Tasker Peterman's agent?

4 hours ago, eball said:

Jesus Christ, such defeatist attitudes!  The Bills are actually allowed to gameplan for those contests, believe it or not!  Allen is the future AND the present.

Most people think start Allen and win. It's just not going to happen. Developing QBs takes time and patience. You can start him from day 1 but don't even think about trying to make the playoffs. If Allen starts its all about developing Allen. If we win in the process great, but very few rookie QBs make the playoffs. 

22 hours ago, ndirish1978 said:

I'd prefer Peterman or McCarron start the season just like him. I don't want Allen on the field with that terrible O-line for the first 4 games, he'll get killed.

Should we serve Allen milk and cookies while he’s on the bench?

18 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Honest question, how many QBs have actually succeeded after sitting and learning when they were a first round pick?

Only one I know of is Rodgers.

I'm sure it worked in the past but he's the last one I remember actually doing it.

Carson Palmer is one. McNabb didn't start right away, either did Vick or Eli.

20 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

I said this in another thread.

Peterman vs Allen is akin to having a cheap old beater car vs a shiny new Corvette.

The games you listed are like the salty, terrible NY winters.

You run out your pos beater and keep your Corvette in the garage until it's nice out.

Josh Allen is the Corvette to keep in the garage during that hellish storm.

Nathan Peterman is the cheap winter beater you drive through the storm because you still need to get to work, but if you wreck it, it's cheap and worthless 

Nathan "beater" Peterman.

Nathan Beaterman.

I like your analogy LOL, it's so Buffalo.

IF Peterman starts I will keep this in mind. 

Neutral slams, don't bother changing the oil, pull the plates and abandon it at the foot of Katherine St.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I like your analogy LOL, it's so Buffalo.

IF Peterman starts I will keep this in mind. 

Neutral slams, don't bother changing the oil, pull the plates and abandon it at the foot of Katherine St.

Exactly.

Beaterman.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Most people think start Allen and win. It's just not going to happen. Developing QBs takes time and patience. You can start him from day 1 but don't even think about trying to make the playoffs. If Allen starts its all about developing Allen. If we win in the process great, but very few rookie QBs make the playoffs. 

You're wrong.  If Allen starts it's because the staff believes he gives them the best opportunity to win.  Period.  No coaching staff starts the wrong guy to "develop" him.  It's not fair to the other players and coaches, not to mention the fans.  There really is no "next year" in sports -- at least from a coaching and playing perspective.

On 8/23/2018 at 3:06 PM, eball said:

You're wrong.  If Allen starts it's because the staff believes he gives them the best opportunity to win.  Period.  No coaching staff starts the wrong guy to "develop" him.  It's not fair to the other players and coaches, not to mention the fans.  There really is no "next year" in sports -- at least from a coaching and playing perspective.

Thats why I believe 'Tanking' is one of the biggest myths in sports. You are never going to convince a bunch of pro athletes to not go out and try to win, it can cost them Millions

And Coaches and GMs don't have the life span in the leagues to keep waiting on next year and throw years away.

Thats why its believable when Coaches and GMs say they expect to compete this season

I'm leaning towards Allen getting named starter for week one only because I don't think the other 2 did anything to truly beat him out of the job like they had hoped. Peterman put up some good stats but I don't think he truly impressed to the point they seem him leading the team to wins. AJ had a great finish to tonights game after a horrible start and might feel he needs some time to sit and work with the team a bit more to get up to speed after missing some time. Allen has shown he can play but is going to make mistakes as part of the learning curve. I think the only reason he doesn't start is because they feel its best for him to learn from the bench, and if thats the case I think they list him as the #3 to start the year then move him up as the season progresses.