Josh Allen to start Sunday

FluffHead

4 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I'm not comparing him to those guys, or any other guys....just saying that preseason games are not very good indicators of regular season play for QB.

There have been qbs who played their way into a starting job in preseason and had success

• Thank you (+1) 1

The last time coach started a project quarterback it ended up being a 5 interception outing in the first half. I hope he's not forcing this thing. Josh really hasn't shown much other than beautifully thrown incomplete passes and one beautifully thrown touchdown. I hope Josh lighits it up and I also hope he is not carried off on a stretcher.

Edited by jaybee

Just now, greeneblitz said:

I don't know why we even still discuss Peterman or McCarron, this preseason should be about 1 person, Josh Allen, if hes progressed to be a competent started that should be end of story, he was drafted to start and be a franchise QB.

Yup. It's all about Josh. 

Hopefully this will be the last we hear of Peterout. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Zerovotlz said:

I'm not comparing him to those guys, or any other guys....just saying that preseason games are not very good indicators of regular season play for QB.

Dude you've posted all kinds of Leaf stuff lmao

Leaf had the talent to be great, but he was mentally wired wrong.  So NO its not comparable.  Allen has shown zero signs of being a mental ticking time bomb.  Leaf didn't fall apart because the preseason is a false positive barometer to evaluate a QB, he fell apart because he was a self endulged, entitled, lil b*tch who mentally couldn't handle even an interview let alone the pressures of being a starting QB.

Its just utterly lazy to throw names like Leaf and JaMarcus around with regards to Josh.  Not only is it lazy, its just flat our total nonsense.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I think he meant me.  :D  

You know it's bad timing. Josh Allen is about to start his first preseason game. The bills fans are hyped. I Don't blame people for being skeptics. It's not a good time to make that argument. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Dude you've posted all kinds of Leaf stuff lmao

Leaf had the talent to be great, but he was mentally wired wrong.  So NO its not comparable.  Allen has shown zero signs of being a mental ticking time bomb.  Leaf didn't fall apart because the preseason is a false positive barometer to evaluate a QB, he fell apart because he was a self endulged, entitled, lil b*tch who mentally couldn't handle even an interview let alone the pressures of being a starting QB.

Its just utterly lazy to throw names like Leaf and JaMarcus around with regards to Josh.  Not only is it lazy, its just flat our total nonsense.  

Pick any big time QB then from the first round that was supposed to be somebody. Cade McNown...Jim Druckenmiller.....Joey Harrington....pick one or all....I'll go find preseason game summarys for all of them if you want....you are missing my point.  Allen is playing vanilla defenses, who aren't discguising coverages etc..they aren't gameplanning for him...like every game 1 and 2 of preseason ever.  Allen has looked pretty good so far....and he should.  I still don't think he'll make it (I am just a nobody on a message board with an opinion)  ....I'd temper my expectations until I'd seen him against some NFL defesnes who are gameplanning, playing all their starters etc.  That's it...I am not saying Allen is Leaf or Russel or Jeff George or Jim Kelly, Aaron Rodgers etc....

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

You know it's bad timing. Josh Allen is about to start his first preseason game. The bills fans are hyped. I Don't blame people for being skeptics. It's not a good time to make that argument. 

You are probalby right.....I shouldn't be raining on the parade at this time.....seriously...I'd be super STOKED if I were a Bills fan having had no real QB since Kelly and this guy looks good so far.....again....I am not rooting for Allen to fail....I want him to succeed....I'd like the Bills to be a good NFL contender again.  

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Virgil said:

And here...we...go.....

The water looks much farther away from up here. Maybe i should dive from some of the lower boards first ?

"aaaaahhhhhhh shhhtttt ttthhhhissssiiiiiissssgreeeat OMG "

splash
sometimes we  do need a push

10 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Pick any big time QB then from the first round that was supposed to be somebody. Cade McNown...Jim Druckenmiller.....Joey Harrington....pick one or all....I'll go find preseason game summarys for all of them if you want....you are missing my point.  Allen is playing vanilla defenses, who aren't discguising coverages etc..they aren't gameplanning for him...like every game 1 and 2 of preseason ever.  Allen has looked pretty good so far....and he should.  I still don't think he'll make it (I am just a nobody on a message board with an opinion)  ....I'd temper my expectations until I'd seen him against some NFL defesnes who are gameplanning, playing all their starters etc.  That's it...I am not saying Allen is Leaf or Russel or Jeff George or Jim Kelly, Aaron Rodgers etc....

We get it. Noted. now go away 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Yes, now we are getting somewhere...please go pull all those QB's preseason stats and report back.  I also want you to pull the following:  Kurt Warner, Big Ben, Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Steve Young, Don Majkowski, Todd Marinovich, EJ Manuel, Andre Ware, and Tim Couch.  

I would like a complete breakdown of their first year preseason stats on the ones you mentioned and those guys so we have a baseline comparison.  You have 1 hour.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

Yes I do believe Peterman is the better player right now. He looks to have command of the offense right now. Of course Allen has the better arm, but I feel Peterman quick decision making is better right now, especially behind an shaky offensive that just got a QB INJURED. I don't know if this wise right now. If ALLEN gets hurt on Sunday then what?

Then, according to you,  the better player will be next up, right? 

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

Couldn't that also happen with Peterman? It's not like he has a great deal of experience. Any QB is likely to have a tough time starting this season, so you go with the most talented.

Nah. After that 5-pick game, the guy is obviously Teflon.

13 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

Allen is playing vanilla defenses, who aren't discguising coverages etc..they aren't gameplanning for him...like every game 1 and 2 of preseason ever. 

You keep saying this, but it's pretty clear that the Browns were blitzing, hiding things, etc.  You also said that Allen hasn't faced any pressure, which clearly isn't true - the highlights praising Allen have said as much!

You know, to play is super safe we should never start Allen EVER then we'll never have to know if his ceiling is Ryan Leaf!  (it's not)

If Coach / The Process says he's ready, I'm good, let's roll with Allen!

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

I trust my eyes.... 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Zerovotlz said:

You are probalby right.....I shouldn't be raining on the parade at this time.....seriously...I'd be super STOKED if I were a Bills fan having had no real QB since Kelly and this guy looks good so far.....again....I am not rooting for Allen to fail....I want him to succeed....I'd like the Bills to be a good NFL contender again.  

I think what people are having an issue with is you, coming to a Bills message board, and saying to temper our enthusiasm, while in the same thread, saying that you have no concern with Mahomes.  That makes no sense.  If preseason isn’t a barometer to regular season success (which I agree with), then what makes you so confident in Mahomes?  He has no more experience than Allen in regular season football, minus week 17.  So if Mahomes has done well in OTAs, training camp, and preseason, and this is why you are excited about him, then what’s the difference for us to feel Allen has done the same this offseason?  Don’t be hypocritical.  Although, I assume you’re saying all this on purspose.  There’s no other logic reason someone would tell another fan base not to do the exact thing he is doing.  

• Like (+1) 3