Who will start preseason game 3 vs Bengals?

YoloinOhio

Who will start at QB Saturday vs Bengals?   

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start preseason game 3?

I just realized how lucky it is that the 3rd game isn't until Sunday afternoon.

Gives plenty of time for JA and NP to split #1 reps before the game.

Beane will probably bring in a JAG for the 4th game in a couple of days.

It seems to me McDermott will keep the "starter" for game 3 quiet and let the team know Saturday.

Just like he has been doing.  No change to his "plan".

Unless JA looks "horrible" all week, he will get the nod.

That way JA keeps his head on straight with no pressure all week.

Allen's natural progression this pre-season indicates that he should be the starter, challenge him against a first string DL and D that will throw at him some game planning.

If he keeps  getting better against better opposition it will mean that he could be ready come September 9th. 

10 hours ago, T master said:

Allen he has earned it but they need to look at the O line because Ducasse is a liability & so is the RT if they don't protect any better than they did last night it won't matter who is back there !

Allen has shown the ability to step up in the pocket, dodge defenders, scramble, and improvise. It definitely matters who is back there.

I feel like even when the world is collapsing around him...I find myself sitting in the edge of my seat because the ball could be 35 yards down the field, on an icy rope, with the flick of a wrist.

That’s not the feeling with NP

If the ball is not gone in the first two seconds I get alarmed. It’s more “Please just don’t throw a pick, keep it between the numbers, not outside Nate!”

With Allen it’s just “Nice...stand tall... oh nice move...just rip it....RIP IT!.....HOLY $@&$ DID YOU SEE THAT THROW!?!”

Also. I’d like to believe he throws it so hard they just don’t have time to intercept it. Maybe I’m dillusional but, it’s like the defenders have to defend the receivers not the ball, because the ball’s just moving too fast to play. This to me would mean his inaccurate plays at least shouldn’t result in turnovers to the outside.

Edited by GoodHands15

I think Josh plays the 1st 3 quarters with the 1’s and some of the 2’s mixed in. Some of the WR contenders like Ray-Ray may also get some time with him.

Nate gets the 4th quarter and most of game 4 after Josh gets a series or 2.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

McD had to do that in the 15 minutes the press is there. If he had Allen in there would be dozens of tweets and stories about Allen is now #1 and he really doesn't want that today. I am no fan of Peterman but if I were McD I would have trotted out Nate with the ones for the 15 minutes, too. 

• Like (+1) 2