Who will start preseason game 3 vs Bengals?

YoloinOhio

Who will start at QB Saturday vs Bengals?   

219 members have voted

1. 1. Who will start preseason game 3?

Given that the qb who starts game 3 is usually the one who will start the season, who do you think McDermott will start now that AJ is hurt? (This isn’t necessarily who you want to start, it’s who you think will start)

Edited by YoloinOhio

Allen. 

I know that there will be bumps in the road etc. etc. etc. but, he was, to me, clearly the best QB on the field last night for the Bills.  He needs to take some pace of the ball on shorter throws & he needs to get the team out of the huddle more quickly.

Edited by Cripple Creek

I can honestly say I don’t know what McD will do. “Peterman’s revenge game” at home week 2 sounds exciting. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Allen can make all the throws. Pete had a limited range 

True and I hope it’s allen  but McD loves Nate and he’s had a decent preseason 

Allen he has earned it but they need to look at the O line because Ducasse is a liability & so is the RT if they don't protect any better than they did last night it won't matter who is back there !

Bodine didn't do any thing for me either it's time to let Groy take the reigns & lead the O line !! 

6 minutes ago, T master said:

Allen he has earned it but they need to look at the O line because Ducasse is a liability & so is the RT if they don't protect any better than they did last night it won't matter who is back there !

Bodine didn't do any thing for me either it's time to let Groy take the reigns & lead the O line !! 

It seemed like they may have only started Bodine because AJ is comfortable with his snapping. Groy started vs Carolina. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

The wording is intentional. “Should” is a different question. 

I chose Allen, because the cheerleader in me desperately wants him to start. The rationalist in me attempts to think in the McDermott way and thinks he'll start Peterman.

WHY SUCH A HARD QUESTION *tears*

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I don't think there would be that much to learn by starting Peterman.  I'm assuming that the Bills are being honest in calling it a QB competition.  The point of a QB competition is to learn about the relative strengths of your QBs.  Therefor it only makes sense that Allen get evaluated in extended timne with the starters.  However, in the third preseason game, starters often play 3 quarters.  I think I would only play Allen into the second quarter, and then give Peterman time with the starters before wrapping up with the scrubs.

• Like (+1) 2

Kiper just said on radio that it would be a huge mistake to throw Allen out there in Baltimore and he expects them to start Peterman since he’s at least started and prepared for actual nfl defenses before. He loves Allen but noted he’s not seen anything yet like he willl see in the regular season when it comes to defenses. He indicated that behind that OL he could be ruined early on from a confidence standpoint. 

In the next breath he expects Darnold to start. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kiper nust said on radio that it would be a huge mistake to throw Allen out there in Baltimore and he expects them to atart Peterman since he’s at least started and prepared for actual nfl defenses before. He loves Allen but noted he’s not seen anything yet like he willl see in the regular season when it comes to defenses. 

Do people actually listen to what hair-boy has to say still?

If Peterman can carry his preseason play to the regular season and cut down on lollipop throws like that sideline out, we’d probably win a lot of games with him.  

I’m just not ready to believe that’s the case.   He might throw for 250-300 yards per game and a couple TDs as his upside but interceptions just seem to follow him.  

Even this preseason, 50/50 on him and Ivory but still a pick.   Last night should’ve been a pick 6. 

Can he reel those bad throws in and/or can we win despite them?  

All i I know about Allen is that he JUMPS off the screen at you.  He has that IT factor matched with the talent.  Just seems pointless to delay the inevitable.  If I’m McDermott, I start Josh Allen Game 3, and as long as he up to the occasion, name him Week 1 starter. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kiper nust said on radio that it would be a huge mistake to throw Allen out there in Baltimore and he expects them to start Peterman since he’s at least started and prepared for actual nfl defenses before. He loves Allen but noted he’s not seen anything yet like he willl see in the regular season when it comes to defenses. He indicated that behind that OL he could be ruined early on from a confidence standpoint. 

Lol mccown is probably the 2nd best qb in the division. 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kiper nust said on radio that it would be a huge mistake to throw Allen out there in Baltimore and he expects them to start Peterman since he’s at least started and prepared for actual nfl defenses before. He loves Allen but noted he’s not seen anything yet like he willl see in the regular season when it comes to defenses. He indicated that behind that OL he could be ruined early on from a confidence standpoint. 

Not really but I did have some interest in what he had to say since iirc he was very high on Allen in the draft process