Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 14 at 8:45 AM at SJF - Closed to the Public

I say keep all 3... Injuries happen to every QB not named Brady

The complicated thing here is that eventually Josh Allen is going to be the starter and a guy like McCarron is a temporary placeholder at best.

I would like to see Peterman shine enough to stick around and maybe play a few games until Allen is ready, and then be our 15 year backup QB. To me, that's the perfect scenario.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Will someone PLEASE tell me why people are projecting us to keep 4 TEs? Why keep Thomas, O'Leary, AND Croom or Lee? 

If they do it, it would be Lee taking up the spot of the swing tackle.  They carried 5 OTs last year, which I don't think will happen again

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, nucci said:

No, he needs to be on the field when the season starts...

Lol, okay so hell just magically heal up come regular season? The guy is coming off a suspension and injuries, it would be prudent to see that he can heal up and catch up to game speed.

Murphy isnt a super star with a track record of massige success where the camp/pre season really doesnt matter.

From the Athletic - Matthew Fairburn's Day 14 Camp Report:

Buffalo Bills practice observations: Is Josh Allen moving up...

PITTSFORD, N.Y. — Throughout training camp, Buffalo Bills coach Sean McDermott has evaded the inevitable questions about the quarterback competition and how reps will be divided by saying, “We’ll stick with the rotation.”

That rotation has normally included Nathan Peterman and AJ McCarron switching off with the first and second-team offenses. On Monday, that changed, as the rookie worked exclusively with the second-team offense. After Allen spent most of his time with the third-team offense early in camp, the move was notable.

Allen didn’t disappoint, either. He finished 7-10 passing and could have had an even bigger day if he connected with Rod Streater on a deep pass during the hurry-up drill at the end of practice. One of Allen’s best throws of the day came on a deep sideline pass to Corey Coleman during 7-on-7 work.
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Lol, okay so hell just magically heal up come regular season? The guy is coming off a suspension and injuries, it would be prudent to see that he can heal up and catch up to game speed.

Murphy isnt a super star with a track record of massige success where the camp/pre season really doesnt matter.

he needs to heal up for the regular season.....and were you really laughing out loud? I don't think I said anything funny

Based on the camp reps and where they're all taking them, the WR ranking looks something like this to me (today's practice performance notwithstanding): 

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Andre Holmes

3. Jeremy Kerley

4. Zay Jones

5. Rod Streater

6. Brandon Reilly

7. Kaelin Clay

8. Raymond McCloud

9. Corey Coleman

10. Cam Phillips

11. Malachi Dupree

12. Robert Foster

13. Austin Proehl

Are they willing to keep seven? Or will they cut the list down to as few as four?

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Based on the camp reps and where they're all taking them, the WR ranking looks something like this to me (today's practice performance notwithstanding): 

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Andre Holmes

3. Jeremy Kerley

4. Zay Jones

5. Rod Streater

6. Brandon Reilly

7. Kaelin Clay

8. Raymond McCloud

9. Corey Coleman

10. Cam Phillips

11. Malachi Dupree

12. Robert Foster

13. Austin Proehl

Are they willing to keep seven? Or will they cut the list down to as few as four?

While he isnt getting reps yet I would think Corey Coleman is above Streater.  I think they keep at least 6 (including Streater and Coleman).

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Andre Holmes

3. Jeremy Kerley

4. Zay Jones

5. Rod Streater

6. Brandon Reilly

7. Kaelin Clay

8. Raymond McCloud

9. Corey Coleman

10. Cam Phillips

11. Malachi Dupree

12. Robert Foster

13. Austin Proehl

Zay will be #2 on opening day. Kerley and Coleman will be battling for the slot. Holmes likely hangs around for ST. You’ve got Streater, McCloud, Reilly and Phillips competing for either one or two spots. 

IMO

• Like (+1) 3

Allen gets more 2nd-team reps; Zay Jones and Jason Croom continue to impress

For the second day in a row, Bills’ rookie QB Josh Allen was primarily with the second-team offense throughout the entire day of practice. Whether or not that’s an indication Allen will be seeing extended playing time with anything other than the third stringers in Friday night’s preseason game remains to be seen. But with just two practices remaining before the team heads off to Cleveland to face the Browns, it’s beginning to look like the first rounder may get an earlier look than the second half, which is when he came into the game last Thursday night against the Carolina Panthers.

Nathan Peterman, who fell on his right shoulder on the very last play of Sunday afternoon‘s practice, worked with the third-team offense Monday, while A.J. McCarron, who appeared to injure his lower right leg about midway through that same session, got the first-team reps.

16 minutes ago, eball said:

Zay will be #2 on opening day. Kerley and Coleman will be battling for the slot. Holmes likely hangs around for ST. You’ve got Streater, McCloud, Reilly and Phillips competing for either one or two spots. 

IMO

I agree about Zay.  I think Coleman will just be a package guy but will have lots of packages.  

3 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Is there really much of a trade market for either AJM or Peterman though? AJM couldn't find many teams interested him while he was on the open market, and I'm not sure Peterman's tape will draw much in terms of compensation so far. 

Exactly this. There is no value for either one. Not even a 7th rounder. 

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

Exactly this. There is no value for either one. Not even a 7th rounder. 

Not that I want to trade either of them right now... you never know.  A big camp injury or preseason injury and the market could suddenly be there.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Not that I want to trade either of them right now... you never know.  A big camp injury or preseason injury and the market could suddenly be there.

Their trade value is one jockstrap for another. Right now the worst thing going for them both is that neither one is better than the other. That speaks volumes about their trade value, which is nil. 

This is not Montana and Young battling it out for a starting job. 

3 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Quarterbacks are often undervalued.  Would not surprise me at all if one fetched a 5th rounder.

Brett Favre ended up as a third round pick from the Jets. 

These guys ain't Brett Favre. The Bills couldn't trade these guys except for another team's junk. 

As I said above, does some team really want the guy who couldn't beat Peterman/McCarron out in Buffalo? 

18 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Will said packages have a nickname?

Used to call this a zip or zipper package. A good route running fast receiver can sometimes draw as many as three defenders into him and away from the under and seam routes when they play cover 2, and draw the deep safety to his side and give KB the inside leverage on his guy. I think Daboll seems smart enough to know what to do with a guy like Coleman. 

We'll see?

Feel so bad for O'Leary... The kid just makes big plays in games. He produces. Obviously he isn't as big and athletic as the ones that he is competing with but he stepped up last year when Clay got hurt. Would suck to not be able to have a roster spot for him.

• Like (+1) 1