Don’t shoot the messenger

51 minutes ago, White Linen said:

We traded away the QB that was the only reason we made the playoffs.  How can we not expect a massive drop off in wins - even though at almost every position except left guard and center, we're better?

Some would argue we made the playoffs 

DESPITE the  QB /#31 passing attack in the NFL last year ! 

3 games last year where we could only manage 3 POINTS!!!!! That’s because our QB was forced to be a QB !! 

How many games have we won last year when our D was NOT lights out? 

I’ll bet by week 5 that’s IF Tyrod is still the starter Cleveland will be screaming for a rookie to start !!!!!

9 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Cleveland should be better but their biggest problem is I think Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cincinnati will all win 8+.

I hope Cleveland wins 9 games and misses the playoffs 

Edited by Putin

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t think that the Bills number is ridiculous but I also don’t think that they are the worst team in football. I think that the Jets, Colts, Dolphins and a few others could be worse. 5-11 or 6-10 wouldn’t shock me though. The OL is bad, the pass catchers bad and QBs bad (unless Allen bursts on the scene). The offense could be AWFUL. The defense should be really good. They are a year away from being good though IMO.

I think that the Bills' issue will be that the awful offense is going to kill the defense's effectiveness -- they're going to have to defend too many short fields, they're going to be on the field too much, and if the defense can't score TDs, the Bills offense isn't going to score many, so how long is the defense going to be able to hold up under the pressure of not only doing their own job but constantly trying to recover from offensive mistakes?  I agree that Josh Allen is the Bills only hope for offensive respectability of any kind, but that's not going to happen this season because without an NFL caliber OL or WR corps, not only is the passing game DOA, but the running game is going to be an anemic shadow of itself because of the poor OL and no threat of a passing game.

I think getting a top 3 pick in the 2019 draft is very likely, and the #1 pick a real possibility.  Getting 5 wins will be quite an accomplishment ... and I wouldn't bet more than I can afford to lose on them winning at least that many games.  The Bills may not be the worst team in the NFL, but I think that they are the most unbalanced, and I think that's why they're going to lose a lot of games despite having a what appears to be a stout defense ... and that's not even factoring in injuries.

Edited by SoTier

44 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

6 or 6.5. So we went down some. Bills won 9 and made the playoffs but it was one of the worst Bills teams since the 90's. Strange as that sounds. That's the reason for so many changes. Basically the only constant is McCoy and the secondary. 

My friend - never ever forget The Process.  The Process is constant and that is what will lead us to the promised land.  

Until any of our QB's prove to be capable in real action along side of our OL and WR's this is the treatment we will get..

Most of us feel the Defense is going to be solid, but no matter how awesome our D is if we are going 3 and out on Offense often our D will be gassed.

So it all starts tonight and it really is almost all about the Offense and how it transitions from a starting QB trade, 3 OL 1 traded, 1 medically retired or 1 went off the rails on the crazy train, and our very unknown situation at WR

Edited by ddaryl

2 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

My friend - never ever forget The Process.  The Process is constant and that is what will lead us to the promised land.  

Without McCoy our offense is 

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Until any of our QB's prove to be capable in real action along side of our OL and WR's this is the treatment we will get..

Most of us feel the Defense is going to be solid, but no matter how awesome our D is if we are going 3 and out on Offense often our D will be gassed.

So it all starts tonight and it really is almost all about the Offense and how it transitions from a starting QB trade, 3 OL 1 traded, 1 medically retired or 1 went off the rails on the crazy train, and our very unknown situation at WR

Great point ? !! 

For our D to be great will need at least our offense to be competent , that means moving the chains and getting that first down

( especially) when our D is gassed and have been on the field for a while 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Much of th national media had us below 6 wins last year too.

And that probably would have been about right except for our wild and highly unrepeatable giveaway/takeaway ratio for the first half of the season.

We're one of the leading regression candidates this year in the entire league.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Only ?

LOL.

...why not??...you can't tell me those 65 yd PASSING GAMES did not bring back memories of Marchibroda/Kelly, Coryel/Fouts,etc.......hell, even with some of the TBD pundits already labeling Allen a bust, he came close with 50 yds.......on ONE BOMB......the definition of DOWNFIELD has been drilled into the WR corp 24/7 because they have no idea where the hell that was yesteryear.....

This is only because of the uncertainty at QB.

If McCarron or Allen can play better than Taylor, we’ll be a tough out for any team.

And speaking of uncertainty at QB, the overhyped Patsies have Hoyer backing up a guy who just turned 41.

4 minutes ago, Success said:

This is only because of the uncertainty at QB.

If McCarron or Allen can play better than Taylor, we’ll be a tough out for any team.

And speaking of uncertainty at QB, the overhyped Patsies have Hoyer backing up a guy who just turned 41.

I don’t think that it is just the QB. I also don’t expect it to be much (or any) better. The OL is way worse than a year ago. The receivers were really bad last year and are again. The 5.5 number is because the big money people are pounding the under (which was 6.5 I think). 

The number doesnt feel that far off to me but the projection of the worst team in football does. The Bills are really good on one side of the ball and are well coached.