The Bucs should cut/trade Winston and trade for Bridgewater.

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Why the !@#$ are we talking about the bucs?

Oh btw while he seems like a ****ty person as a football player, I'd take him over any of the 3 we have.

He's talking about the NFL....I think that's allowed here....you also have the option of ignoring posts

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

Dude...you're at Two Bills Drive, not Two Bucs Drive.

And, no!

Yea! We don’t like talking bout that whole nfl thing. Let’s focus on folding tables and those urinals that have faucets to wash your hands too!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsRdue said:

that's not the worst idea. Winston has been pretty poor, but what will it take for the Jets to let go?  A 2nd?

Winston hasn’t been poor whatsoever.

He’s just an idiot.

Bucs making this move would be something that makes Mike Milbury jealous.

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

aside from the off the field debacles, Winston just hasn't played well

Living a  bit South of Tampa. We get the daily camp reports. From the get go and too Winston's

surprise the Bucs have said. If Fitz has a hot start. Winston's return as a starter is far from guaranteed. 

This won't happen. The guy was drafted #1 overall. He may be one contract and done in the NFL though. He surely should have gotten a harsher judgement given his previous history. Hell, Tom Brady got 4 games for Deflate Gate. Zeke got 6 games when he supposedly had messages from the girl saying she was going blackmail him. They won't cut him though. He'll play out his 4 years and become nameless. 

I don't get why anyone would want Bridgewater as a starter. Bridgewater wasn't that good before the injury (Look up his stats they weren't that great) and his knee almost exploded and he hasn't played in 2 years. When people on this board were calling for Bridgewater to replace Tyrod I was genuinely perplexed as to what they saw from Teddy other than he just wasn't Tyrod. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Hot take!

No. 

There is a lesson to be learned. You get who you get; you are who you are. There were no secrets about Winston's conduct and character prior to his drafting. He repeatedly exhibited his sense of entitlement. Many of his incidents if taken individually were not serious. But after accumulating so many questionable incidents the pattern of behavior is a statement in and of itself. It is basically F^^^^ck You,  your **** assss rules don't apply to me because I am special. When his countless scofflaws were brought to light he would read the same prepared statement how he used poor judgment but promised to do better the next time. This guy reeks with arrogance and insincerity. He has the traits of an accomplished con. 

I wouldn't scoff at the notion that the Bucs need to consider who their next qb option should be. And they need to put in place a plan for a short term and long term substitution for this character. Does anyone doubt that in the not too distant future he will be involved in another tawdry entanglement. When an immature and self-absorbed fool is driving your bus you better be prepared for a crash. The poster might not have a hot take but his general sentiment is correct. 

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Yea! We don’t like talking bout that whole nfl thing. Let’s focus on folding tables and those urinals that have faucets to wash your hands too!

2 hours ago, nucci said:

We discuss the NFL on here as well. 

Yeah I know. But a random, odd topic like this deserves a little ribbing IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Winston hasn’t been poor whatsoever.

He’s just an idiot.

Bucs making this move would be something that makes Mike Milbury jealous.

Really? Is Winston a top #15 QB? No... Top 20? debatable by some.  So he's probably in the bottom third of the league which is poor. Is Bridgewater an upgrade? No one knows but he'd probably push Winston and be better than Fitz.

4 hours ago, eball said:

BUT WHO WANTS TO EAT A W TONIGHT?

Ah man, that was soo cringe worthy. 

I remember after that Hard Knocks season premiered, so many were talking about what a great leader Winston is. 

Personally, I didn’t see it. What I saw seemed forced, a bit fake at times and kind of awkward. 

4 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Ah man, that was soo cringe worthy. 

I remember after that Hard Knocks season premiered, so many were talking about what a great leader Winston is. 

Personally, I didn’t see it. What I saw seemed forced, a bit fake at times and kind of awkward. 

Not a coincidence that the guy crowing the loudest about jameis’ “leadership” on camera was jason licht, the genius that drafted him.

Immaturity can be forgiven, corrected, learned from. Winston is not just immature, he’s a criminal. The fact that the league cut a deal with him to avoid extended media coverage of this is sick and reason #1001 why King Ginger should be fired yesterday.