Bills trade with Browns for Corey Coleman

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Royale, consider yourself lucky, my friend.

I have silver on my temples, chest, arms and back...maybe on my butt, too, however it is difficult for me to tell.  Fortunately, the top of my head appears to be a basic olive skin toned color, so that's staying young.

Are you hitting on me?

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, nucci said:

what? 

Just now, nucci said:

what? 

Sorry - was being sarcastic and not directed at you.  Those are among the top euphemisms used by the "hard bitten realists" around here to denigrate fans who choose a positive take on the fortunes of the team.  I was supporting your comment.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FLFan said:

Sorry - was being sarcastic and not directed at you.  Those are among the top euphemisms used by the "hard bitten realists" around here to denigrate fans who choose a positive take on the fortunes of the team.  I was supporting your comment.

ok, got it...thanks

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Seeing some talk that he pulled his hamstring on Saturday. For the risk/reward it still doesn’t matter much if true.

What bugs me about that Common, and I know I am very naive about sports injuries, but hamstring injuries are ones that I just feel should never really happen.

Stretch to be as limber as a rubber band and hydrate like crazy.  

As naive as I am I DO KNOW I am over simplifying it, but still.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

7 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

What bugs me about that Common, and I know I am very naive about sports injuries, but hamstring injuries are ones that I just feel should never really happen.

Stretch to be as limber as a rubber band and hydrate like crazy.  

As naive as I am I DO KNOW I am over simplifying it, but still.

You can do those things and still pull muscles. Especially with what these guys do on a daily basis. It isn't always running full speed that causes hamstring pulls, it's the torque put on it when they come off the line. Preparation is fine but it's not foolproof.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Well, I'm sorry if I deal with reality rather than pretending that the Bills situation, past and present, is all rainbows and unicorns.

Deal with reality?  The Bills last season, the first under McBeane, was their most successful in the 21st century, resulting in a 9-7 record and the end of a seventeen year playoff drought.  That's reality.  The rest is pure speculation at this point.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Zero risk and minimal cost.  Potentially high reward.  End of story.  Can't believe this thread is 18 pages.

It's a 7th round pick not even next years draft...this is basically house money IMO.

I'll take my odds of Coleman turning his career around in Buffalo than a 2020 7th round pick even making the team.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1. Could Corey Coleman work in Buffalo? I think so. It's encouraging to see the FO adding speed to match Josh Allen's arm strength. Vertical stretch + big target in Kelvin Benjamin underneath

2 replies3 retweets4 likes

Retweet

Direct message

Biggest obstacle is what looked like concentration issues. Offsides penalties, drops, and I've heard from people there last year he was often lining up wrong or didn't know the play call. Gotta fix that first.

19 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm with you.  i'm optimistic.  why wouldn't someone be?  what the new staff is trying to pull off may not work, but there's a definite philosophy they're sticking to.  even if this team takes a step back this year, it won't necessarily be a bad thing.  there's hopefully an evolution going on here, and i hope certain members are willing to be patient and enjoy the ride.

The defense is much better on paper.  Better NT in Star, better LB in Edmunds, better pass rusher in Murphy, better backup in Phillips, about the only unit that didn't improve was the secondary and that might be better in the same defense with roughly the same guys.   

Offense is not better.   Oline is terribly unproven, but there are enough guys IMO to at least field a decent unit.   

Shady is still Shady, and hopefully we have a QB who will take some chances and an OC who can scheme mismatches.   

I think back to the Eagles 2016 season.   Wentz took that team to 7-9 and a 79 QB rating but you could tell they finally had their franchise QB.  Defense was good but it was definitely a work in progress.  I feel like we are very much in the same position they were back then.  

1 minute ago, Soda Popinski said:

The defense is much better on paper.  Better NT in Star, better LB in Edmunds, better pass rusher in Murphy, better backup in Phillips, about the only unit that didn't improve was the secondary and that might be better in the same defense with roughly the same guys.   

Offense is not better.   Oline is terribly unproven, but there are enough guys IMO to at least field a decent unit.   

Shady is still Shady, and hopefully we have a QB who will take some chances and an OC who can scheme mismatches.   

I think back to the Eagles 2016 season.   Wentz took that team to 7-9 and a 79 QB rating but you could tell they finally had their franchise QB.  Defense was good but it was definitely a work in progress.  I feel like we are very much in the same position they were back then.  

i'm most worried about the ol, and i'm very meh about the wrs.  if this team shows average qb play, i think they can be as solid as last year.  the comparison to the 2016 eagles is a great one.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, teef said:

i'm most worried about the ol, and i'm very meh about the wrs.  if this team shows average qb play, i think they can be as solid as last year.  the comparison to the 2016 eagles is a great one.  

A good QB can make it work with Meh wrs.  Just hope we have a good QB and from what i keep hearing from camp, it might not matter what the WRs/QB do if the oline can't give them 3 seconds to get open we're in trouble.   

1 minute ago, teef said:

Agreed.

The issue with last year was we had some close games that could have gone either way.

9-7 was pretty much last year's optimal.

A team that performs identical to last year could easily go 6-9.

I'm not concerned with record this year, I'm just looking for improvement from young guys and seeing how Allen looks:)

7 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It's a 7th round pick not even next years draft...this is basically house money IMO.

I'll take my odds of Coleman turning his career around in Buffalo than a 2020 7th round pick even making the team.

Spot on post.

This was/is a great signing for the cost.