Brandon LaFell Anyone? - Signing with the Raiders

7 hours ago, MJS said:

He's burned me too many times in fantasy football.

Haha, so true. He’s always on waivers and you always think about picking him up.  But then you realize he kinda sucks and he stays on waivers.

4 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

McCarron has some chemistry with Lafell so why not.

Montana/ Young to Rice

Kelly to Reed

Manning to Harrison 

McCarron to Lafell:)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

He drops passes and isn't that good at routes.

Wait, didn't we once get into a multi-day debate where myself and other posters were trying to tell you that Marquise Goodwin was better than TJ Graham and you were defending Graham?  That totally happened.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Adding a cast off WR now makes little to no sense. We have many WR’s with skill sets, just unproven. Adding a FA would mean the death of at least one draft pick plus Reilly/other returning vets the FO likes. IMO 

We need some experience. We seem to have a lot of youth at the receiving position. Adding Lafell would be a nice fit and give us a nice mix of experience and young talent. I could see a lineup similar to this

SE- Kelvin Benjamin / Zay Jones 

FL- Brandon Lafell / Malachi Dupre

SL- Jeremy Kerley / Brandon Reilly

Gives us 3 young talented players and 3 proven vets with experience.

Was thinking this would be an ok signing, but feel like we kind of got the same player in Jeremy Kerley , and Kerley is younger and shiftier.

I also was banging the drum for Dupre, Reilly and Foster (not to mention McCloud and Proehl) to develop some chemistry with our new QBs, so going on a soap box to sign Lafell would be a bit hypocritical.

Who knows what is going on with Zay Jones?

If an injury to WR happens during TC, or Zay is going to battle his offseason injuries longer than we think then yeah I could see it.

He makes a nice #2-#3 but I really, truly think some of the answers to WR are already on the roster, we just don't know it yet.

Edited by RocCityRoller

2 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Wait, didn't we once get into a multi-day debate where myself and other posters were trying to tell you that Marquise Goodwin was better than TJ Graham and you were defending Graham?  That totally happened.    

Of course we did. At that time it was true. You can't be a good player unless you're on the field. Similarly to Sammy Watkins. 

Once Goodwin focused in the NFL things changed.  But their first 3 years I'd have likely taken Graham over Goodwin for sheer availability.

Graham is also faster. ?. Not lying. Went all over and found their PR's and Graham was faster in all but one of the 60m, 100m, 200m, 4x1 split, and maybe another.  I forgot which Goodwin was faster in...

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills could use some experience at WR and he has the Carolina connection. 

nope

7 hours ago, RussellDopeland said:

You might as well sign T.O.. He may be 40 something, but he has to be faster than the plodding, lead-footed LaFell.

He is actually

12 hours ago, Logic said:

I may be in the minority, but since it seems clear the Bills are going with a youth movement, I'd like to see mostly youngsters make the squad at WR. Something like:

Benjamin
Jones
Reilly
Dupre
Phillips
McCloud
Foster

I mean...no one expects much from the Bills this year anyway, right? So why not go with the high upside guys and let the offense grow together? Is anyone really interested in watching 30-year-old Rod Streater or 30-year-old Jeremy Kerley lead the team in catches? How does that help us win in 2019 and beyond?

So that's a "no" to LaFell. Let's get the young guys a bunch of reps so we know what we have on offense going forward.

I think the best six (or however many they decide to keep) in training camp should make the team regardless of age.  If two players are close I'd prefer to go with the younger player.  It should be a fun preseason.

19 hours ago, metzelaars_lives said:

At the time it might have been a viable debate. 

Goodwin has given new meaning to “late bloomer”

7 reasons the Buffalo Bills should sign WR Brandon LaFell

By Ryan Talbot | Contributing writer
The Buffalo Bills have had opportunities to add veteran free agents to their roster this offseason, but perhaps they were waiting for the right player to become available. On Thursday, the Cincinnati Bengals released veteran Brandon LaFell. On and off the field, there are plenty of reasons to think the Bills would be interested in LaFell.

Here are seven reasons why the Bills should sign the wide receiver.

Carolina connection
Bills reportedly had interest in LaFell last season
Daboll familiar with LaFell
Durable
Chemistry with McCarron?
Helped younger players in Cincinnati
Can play on inside or outside

19 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

At the time it might have been a viable debate. 

Goodwin has given new meaning to “late bloomer”

Goodwin had the tools. He wasn't just a track star. He was developing well. Injuries early on obviously hurt the time frame. Fans always want a player to be the best they can be day 1, they hate developing a player. That's why I fear if Allen struggles his 1st year, we'll be on to the next QB already. 

4 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Goodwin had the tools. He wasn't just a track star. He was developing well. Injuries early on obviously hurt the time frame. Fans always want a player to be the best they can be day 1, they hate developing a player. That's why I fear if Allen struggles his 1st year, we'll be on to the next QB already. 

The team certainly won't.

LaFell would be a nice pickup.  

He’d give us KB, Kerley, LaFell and Holmes as veteran WRs.  

Zay is a young guy that we’re hoping steps up, but LaFell provides insurance if he doesn’t.  Then we have room for 1 or 2 developmental guys out of Cam Phillips, Robert Foster, Malachi Dupre and Brandon Reilly.  

6 hours ago, SCBills said:

LaFell would be a nice pickup.  

He’d give us KB, Kerley, LaFell and Holmes as veteran WRs.  

Zay is a young guy that we’re hoping steps up, but LaFell provides insurance if he doesn’t.  Then we have room for 1 or 2 developmental guys out of Cam Phillips, Robert Foster, Malachi Dupre and Brandon Reilly.  

LaFell was productive in 2016 and his drop in production in 2017 was more so due to the Bengals overall drop in offensive production than an injury or him suddenly declining. I think it would be a worthwhile pickup for sure.