Brandon LaFell Anyone? - Signing with the Raiders

Bills Message Board: Meh, he's trash. Let the young guys play. 

Also Bills Message Board: OMG don't let the Patriots sign him. 

Not making fun of anyone cause I'm there too. Just funny how clearly it proves that the patriots own the league at making retreads superstars. 

• Like (+1) 1

Bills fans will take any free agent WR with a pulse at this point.  Apparently, that includes T.O. and Jerry Rice as well.

I'd also be willing to bet that, if Art Monk talked about making a comeback, fans would be screaming to bring him in on a "vet minimum prove it deal" just because he's a WR.

Edited by Cornette's Commentary

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Not making fun of anyone cause I'm there too. Just funny how clearly it proves that the patriots own the league at making retreads superstars. 

I haven't seen one post expressing worry about the Pats*** signing him. I'd actually like to see him go there rather than sign here. He's not that good. Especially when he doesn't have much help at the the other wideout positions and NE*** is really hurting there at the moment. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

It’s easy to look good when the ball is consistently put in the exact place it needs to be...... Can’t wait for Brady to retire!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Take a flyer on him, why not, could be a James Lofton-like signing.    I think Lofton was 33 when the Bills signed him.  

Please don't think I'm comparing LaFell to a HOFer, but 31 at WR is not ancient and he could have some decent years left.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Wow.  I think that's the first unkind thing I've seen you write here.

I need to up my “jerk” game around here! 

2 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

McCarron has some chemistry with Lafell so why not.

There’s also a Carolina connection, with Beane

Edited by YoloinOhio

I may be in the minority, but since it seems clear the Bills are going with a youth movement, I'd like to see mostly youngsters make the squad at WR. Something like:

Benjamin
Jones
Reilly
Dupre
Phillips
McCloud
Foster

I mean...no one expects much from the Bills this year anyway, right? So why not go with the high upside guys and let the offense grow together? Is anyone really interested in watching 30-year-old Rod Streater or 30-year-old Jeremy Kerley lead the team in catches? How does that help us win in 2019 and beyond?

So that's a "no" to LaFell. Let's get the young guys a bunch of reps so we know what we have on offense going forward.

I also agree that there's not much point in kicking the tires on LaFell.  He hasn't done much on multiple teams in recent years (and maybe not much ever).  I'd rather see if any of the young guys have some upside.  Plus, we already have Holmes. Streeter and Kerley, so we have enough veteran middle-of-the-road WR's already.