Allen already a factor in QB race ?

6 minutes ago, eball said:

Sure, lots of them who, like yourself, expect him to be a colossal bust.

Sure homer.  I disagreed with the pick but never once wanted him to prove me wrong.  But even if he isn’t a franchise qb, it would be one of the worst picks in nfl history if he couldn’t compete with one of the worst groups of qbs in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sure homer.  I disagreed with the pick but never once wanted him to prove me wrong.  But even if he isn’t a franchise qb, it would be one of the worst picks in nfl history if he couldn’t compete with one of the worst groups of qbs in the league. 

There was actually a Rosenite who left the message board in a fit of pique when Allen was selected. He was certain it would take at least two years of development before Allen could conceivably see the field. Other than Holy Overreaction, Batman, Allen's early performance, standing on its own merits and having nothing whatsoever to do with whether he is competing against Aaron Rodgers or not, has been promising. 

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

In the HISTORY OF THE NFL!  Bwaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaa...

Oh man, you really had me going until this post, now I KNOW you're just messing with us!

Edited by Heitz

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

In the HISTORY OF THE NFL!  Bwaaaaa haaaaaa haaaaa...

Oh man, you really had me going until this post, now I KNOW you're just messing with us!

Definitely didn’t mean history!  But it is probsbly one of the worst groups right now ( can you name a worse group?).  AJ is an ok backup and Peterman looked like he didn’t belong in the nfl.  Obviously it could change.  But even with his issues, Allen is the far superior physical talent.  He should be making more wow plays than those 2.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

There was actually a Rosenite who left the message board in a fit of pique when Allen was selected. He was certain it would take at least two years of development before Allen could conceivably see the field. Other than Holy Overreaction, Batman, Allen's early performance, standing on its own merits and having nothing whatsoever to do with whether he is competing against Aaron Rodgers or not, has been promising. 

That’s fair.  

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'm as level-headed as they come; no need to get testy.  And I didn't say you're rooting for Allen to fail, just that you expect him to.  Is that not true?

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I'm as level-headed as they come; no need to get testy.  And I didn't say you're rooting for Allen to fail, just that you expect him to.  Is that not true?

Haha, given my history, I just wanted to call someone a homer for once! ?

i dont know.  This sucks.  I guess this is how people felt when the Bills picked guys like Maybin, Losman, and EJ.  I defended those picks not necessarily because I believed in them but I wanted the Bills to be right.  I don’t want to be right about Allen. I want him to succeed but I don’t know how to talk myself into it.  It’s a crappy feeling. 

40 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, given my history, I just wanted to call someone a homer for once! ?

i dont know.  This sucks.  I guess this is how people felt when the Bills picked guys like Maybin, Losman, and EJ.  I defended those picks not necessarily because I believed in them but I wanted the Bills to be right.  I don’t want to be right about Allen. I want him to succeed but I don’t know how to talk myself into it.  It’s a crappy feeling. 

i wasn't a huge fan of the allen pick. I also havnt been all doom and gloom about it though because if anyone has watched the nfl they know that acting like they know how a qb is gonna pan out is a losing venture. with all that being said, so far this offseason, even though I wasn't a fan of the pick the bolded hasn't been very hard for me. he's been fairly impressive. I dunno how people cant see the arrow pointing up.

• Like (+1) 2

On 7/30/2018 at 11:52 PM, transplantbillsfan said:

Let's be honest here...

it's all critical.

Allen is the only 1 of the QBs who has trended upwards throughout OTAs and Minicamp and Training Camp pretty much the entire way.

Remember after OTAs how everyone was saying Minicamp was critical?

I actually think at this point McDermott is looking harder for reasons NOT to start Allen than reasons TO start him.

Seriously???

A guy who's played in 5 regular season games and thrown less than 200 career passes???

You're shocked easily.

vs a guy with 3 NFL games and 2TD s 6 picks

vs a guy that has played 0 NFL games and was drafted AS A PROJECT.

Not that shocking.

On 7/31/2018 at 2:52 AM, transplantbillsfan said:

Let's be honest here...

it's all critical.

Allen is the only 1 of the QBs who has trended upwards throughout OTAs and Minicamp and Training Camp pretty much the entire way.

When you start at the bottom                      one would hope he's trending upwards 

Rookie QB Josh Allen went 1-for-3 in two 11-on-11 periods Tuesday, both in the red zone. With the first-team offense, Allen's only pass attempt was a laser to Kelvin Benjamin in the end zone that bounced off Benjamin's chest and fell incomplete.

from 3 days ago

Mike RodakESPN Staff Writer 

Here is how the Bills have split quarterback reps in regular 11-on-11 drills through the first four practices of training camp: First team: AJ McCarron (19), Nathan Peterman (17), Josh Allen (9); Second team: Peterman (23), McCarron (22); Third team: Allen (35), Peterman (5), McCarron (4).

Where does all of this FAKE News come from??? 

9 plus  maybe 5 on Tuesday = 14 snaps with the 1's