Allen already a factor in QB race ?

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Frankly I am there as well

Josh Allen is gonna happen eventually....but it seems to me like AJM is as advertised.....a steady veteran....no wow plays....just completes throws with decent accuracy

Unless Josh completely blows away his competition there is NOTHING wrong with giving him a hold the clipboard year and let him see how the NFL works.....let AJM take the enterprise out of home dock.......let our probably greatly improved defense do their thing.....and then next year use that cap space and the wonderful fact that we didnt sacrifice our 1st round pick to get more talent on the offensive side of the ball......

If Allen gets on the field one way or another this year......so be it

exactly.  i think if the defense is stout and the run game shows better than average production, AJM may be more than enough to move the chains, (i'm not talking an explosive offense) and hold down the fort.  as you said, it's allen's job.  if he waits a month, half a season or even all year to take the reigns, i'm ok with it.  i'd be surprised if he didn't start at some point this season though.

Edited by teef

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Josh Allen is gonna happen eventually....but it seems to me like AJM is as advertised.....a steady veteran....no wow plays....just completes throws with decent accuracy

Unless Josh completely blows away his competition there is NOTHING wrong with giving him a hold the clipboard year and let him see how the NFL works.....let AJM take the enterprise out of home dock.......let our probably greatly improved defense do their thing.....and then next year use that cap space and the wonderful fact that we didnt sacrifice our 1st round pick to get more talent on the offensive side of the ball......

To me it always comes down to the locker room. The rookie has to look the part and make the players believe he gives them the best chance to win. Thats the guy who should start. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

To start off do we really need WOW plays?  All we need is a WIN.  Who better to face the Ravens that a guy who has faced them (albeit from the sidelines) for the last 3 seasons? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

To start off do we really need WOW plays?  All we need is a WIN.  Who better to face the Ravens that a guy who has faced them (albeit from the sidelines) for the last 3 seasons? 

If someone else is a better QB I'd rather have that one play ?

45 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I agree with this 100%.  Nicely said.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Given the fact that AJM did play a stretch of games and a playoff game, I think he could be argued as having a legit starter.  He's certainly demonstrated low-level starter abilities.  Whether it means anything for Allen to beat AJM out depends entirely on how Daboll and McDermott (and Beane I guess) are grading. 

The real Achilles heel of the 2013 strategy was the personnel choices.  Nix replaced a very durable, available guy (Fitz) with German-word-for-made-of-Glass Kolb.

Nix also passed over one of the best, richest QB drafts in recent memory to take the "best" guy in one of the worst classes.  Would you feel better if the Bills had signed Cherokee-word-for-made-of-Glass Bradford as a starter for $20M?     I wouldn't.

What I find interesting is what ESPN calls QB confidence rankings If I remember correctly has Buffalo ranked last in the NFL.

Yet from a Bills fan perspective I'm of the impression the Buffalo Bills have done an outstanding job in an attempt to upgrade the position.

Fan of all 3 signal callers... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

What I find interesting is what ESPN calls QB confidence rankings If I remember correctly has Buffalo ranked last in the NFL.

Yet from a Bills fan perspective I'm of the impression the Buffalo Bills have done an outstanding job in an attempt to upgrade the position.

You can like the prospects but lack confidence due to the minimal experience, I think.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You can like the prospects but lack confidence due to the minimal experience, I think.

3 QB's with less then a half dozen NFL starts combined,

absolutely

Edited by Figster

57 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

57 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Best guy plays - it shows in practice/film study and the other players respect the decision of the best guy playing.  

2 minutes ago, dneveu said:

Best guy plays - it shows in practice/film study and the other players respect the decision of the best guy playing.  

I think the real question is not what the fans think is the best guy but what do the coaches think is the best guy.

Fans want bombs.....touchdowns.....400 yard passing games.....lots of receiving touchdowns.

A defensive coach wants to control the ball...not turn the ball over....win with his defense

Now.....the problem here is that ppl think a player like TT not turning the ball over is what a coach wants.....I dont necessarily agree with that I think that going 4 and out might be considered the same as a turnover if the QB is not pulling the trigger on his throws....

I get this small feeling that AJM is being equivilated to TT......I think AJM is probably more equivilated to the QB that the Kansas City Chiefs just traded away.....I think that THIS coaching staff probably wouldnt hate that especially to start.

50 minutes ago, Figster said:

I think what the Bills have done is acquire players with the *potential* to upgrade the QB position

But the proof is in the playing, and there's not much of that to hang confidence on.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think the real question is not what the fans think is the best guy but what do the coaches think is the best guy.

Indeed.  And their metrics may be quite different from what the fans see.

32 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I get this small feeling that AJM is being equivilated to TT......I think AJM is probably more equivilated to the QB that the Kansas City Chiefs just traded away.....I think that THIS coaching staff probably wouldnt hate that especially to start.

There have been some comparisons between AJM and TT, and good and bad, that's probably not accurate.

AJM is far less of a threat to run than TT or even Alex Smith (who has been a far more mobile QB in KC than most people think).

AJM appears more capable of running a pro passing game - making reads and progressions, audibling - than TT could.  In his appearances to date he's been a 200 ypg passing guy (TT in 2015/16).  But they will be different yards - more from the pocket/within the game plan, less improvised scrambling.

AJM is not even in the same zip code as Alex Smith for passing productivity right now.  270 ypg, 8 ypa - have not been seen from AJ to date.

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

sometimes a step backwards is really a step forward.

"good is the enemy of great"

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think what the Bills have done is acquire players with the *potential* to upgrade the QB position

But the proof is in the playing, and there's not much of that to hang confidence on.

I agree but just to take it step further, they do have proof of what Tyrod was.  It's not unreasonable to think his production can be out matched - the real question is can the team absorb the likelihood of more turnovers.  The secondary thing is Tyrod makes it very difficult to identify what you have in receivers and he does not execute an offense.  I think AJ gives us the best chance to evaluate the offense and receivers.   

Edited by White Linen
spelled something wrong
  • Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Thanks.  Now I don't have to watch pre season. 

How will stocks do between now and then?   Any tips on FaceBook stock? Buy or sell?

I love when people say stupid **** like this.

Gets you so angry you say dumb ****.

Edited by Boca BIlls

2 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

IF.     9 snaps with the 1's facing no pressure.   Lets not get ahead of ourselves.   

AJ nearly won a freaking playoff game against the Steelers until the Bungles Defense blew the game 

1 hour ago, dneveu said:

Naturally best guy plays.    I don't think the "best guy" will be AJ at that time.