Brandon Reilly Ready to Play on Sundays - Works Out for the Patriots

12 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bills didn’t cut or waive 1 draft pick last year to PS.

My guess is Proehl and Ray Ray or 1 make it...

Benjamin

Holmes

Kerley

Zay

Reilly

Proehl

Ray Ray - PS... possible Returner

I'm keeping my eye on Ray Ray.  He's been making plays and is a guy that could be deadly in the open field.  He would be someone that would be a good in the short game...especially on WR screens.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm keeping my eye on Ray Ray.  He's been making plays and is a guy that could be deadly in the open field.  He would be someone that would be a good in the short game...especially on WR screens.

I like Ray Ray he is just an enigma to me rn...

He is a small guy so he needs to turn on the burners ... I see it on tape. His PRs he is very explosive 

but sometimes when he runs routes he doenst look as fast. Nonchalant like

Him and Proehl were neck and neck all day... they are practicing hard

Ray Ray has the athleticism and Proehl has the savvy quickness and route running... I think both can make an impact in the right situation 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I like Ray Ray he is just an enigma to me rn...

He is a small guy so he needs to turn on the burners ... I see it on tape. His PRs he is very explosive 

but sometimes when he runs routes he doenst look as fast. Nonchalant like

Him and Proehl were neck and neck all day... they are practicing hard

Ray Ray has the athleticism and Proehl has the savvy quickness and route running... I think both can make an impact in the right situation 

I see him at most as a returner and gadget player.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I see him at most as a returner and gadget player.

I think he can be a good PR. He has good vision and a quick first move 

he can also also be pretty good on reverses and end arounds but I think Proehl will be the better NFL receiver 

On July 28, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Paul Costa said:

It’s early. Very early. It would be great for him to crack the 53. 

True Paul.  However, this is the second year in a row of him being rock solid during the times that he needs to be rock solid to make the team.

Does he need a third year before saying he is ready to get on the field?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Sounds like Rod Streater has passed Reilly for the time being.

Updated Wide Receiver ranking (through 8/1):

1. Kelvin Benjamin

2. Jeremy Kerley

3. Andre Holmes

4. Malachi Dupree

5. Rod Streater

6. Brandon Reilly

7. Zay Jones

8. Robert Foster

9. Kaelin Clay

10. Raymond McCloud

11. Cam Phillips

12. Quan Bray

13. Austin Proehl

Edited by Wayne Arnold

On 7/29/2018 at 9:16 AM, 4merper4mer said:

You don't cut a guy in 2018 because the game might change in 2024.  26 is right about this one and you are off base.

Rex drafted 1970s players to play in 201x.  How did that work?

That 1970s offense was the best the Bills have had in 10+ years, since Mike Mularkey was coach. And that was with Taylor at QB. Imagine if they had a guy like Russell Wilson who can run AND pass.

Edited by vincec

If Holmes is high on the list then we really do have a putrid WR group. He has done nothing since becoming a Bill. ST? screw ST. Throw the ball boy out there to cover kicks that almost always go out the end zone now anyways. Punt coverage?... please! Kick the ball OB and move on. I know I'm probably in the minority here but ST has become less and less valuable. I would not base the my choice of WR on his ability to play ST unless it is breaking the tie for the 6th WR spot.

We need speed. That's why I want to see Foster make the team. Sadly looks like he cannot handle the physical part.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

If Holmes is high on the list then we really do have a putrid WR group. He has done nothing since becoming a Bill. ST? screw ST. Throw the ball boy out there to cover kicks that almost always go out the end zone now anyways. Punt coverage?... please! Kick the ball OB and move on. I know I'm probably in the minority here but ST has become less and less valuable. I would not base the my choice of WR on his ability to play ST unless it is breaking the tie for the 6th WR spot.

We need speed. That's why I want to see Foster make the team. Sadly looks like he cannot handle the physical part.

Have you seen the new kickoff rules? If your kicker is unable to consistently kick it out of the back of the endzone you better have some committed ST guys. The way the rules are now the coverage unit can no longer get a running head start. The receiving team is now mostly comprised of “up” men with only a few guys being allowed back.

Instead of collisions and guys blasting down the field full speed the receiving team will carry their blocks down the field. This is going to create some huge lanes. My buddies that go to Patriots camp have said tha they working on this a bunch. It will be their new advantage. They swap Edelman and Patterson back and forth during kicks with hopes of Patterson catching it. Good luck tackling him, he has long strides and will be a nightmare with these new rules. 

The Bills have a bunch of the same at WR, I hope they keep their best ST players. I also hope they are working on returns and seeing the benefit of the changes.

• Like (+1) 1

For what ever reason i think Reilly can be another Chris Hogan (the Bills blew that one)  a guy that no one in the Bills organization saw as a fit in the offense until he got picked up by the Pats .

Reilly proved to have good hands last year & seemed to be able to get open i hope they just give him a legit chance to prove him self weather it be in the slot or on some specific plays that work to his skill set & it wouldn't hurt his worth to work on ST play so he might have more worth to the team . 

I know Reilly's the unsung hero of Bills fans. But that was before they signed a 2017 GB Draft Pick in Dupre, spent two 2018 Draft Picks in McCloud and Proehl, and signed more heralded UDFA's in Foster and Cam Phillips (who's killing it).

Add in the locks of Kelvin Benjamin, Jeremy Kerley, and Zay Jones (most likely). McCloud is probably going to stick as a KR. That leaves 2-3 spots for everyone I listed in the first paragraph PLUS Andre Holmes and Rod Streater. 

Long story short - I think the media is setting Reilly and his fans up for disappointment. I don't see him making the 53 unless he absolutely is head and shoulders above everyone else. Which I don't see happening. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Have you seen the new kickoff rules? If your kicker is unable to consistently kick it out of the back of the endzone you better have some committed ST guys. The way the rules are now the coverage unit can no longer get a running head start. The receiving team is now mostly comprised of “up” men with only a few guys being allowed back.

Instead of collisions and guys blasting down the field full speed the receiving team will carry their blocks down the field. This is going to create some huge lanes. My buddies that go to Patriots camp have said tha they working on this a bunch. It will be their new advantage. They swap Edelman and Patterson back and forth during kicks with hopes of Patterson catching it. Good luck tackling him, he has long strides and will be a nightmare with these new rules. 

The Bills have a bunch of the same at WR, I hope they keep their best ST players. I also hope they are working on returns and seeing the benefit of the changes.

Correct. Stopping a return on kick offs will be more difficult. Which is why you'll see more touchbacks than ever this year. It's just a reason for tv to come back from commercial only to go right back afterwards.