Brandon Reilly Ready to Play on Sundays - Works Out for the Patriots

On August 2, 2018 at 7:21 AM, vincec said:

That 1970s offense was the best the Bills have had in 10+ years, since Mike Mularkey was coach. And that was with Taylor at QB. Imagine if they had a guy like Russell Wilson who can run AND pass.

The discussion was between 26 and MajBobby about whether a ST player is still valuable.  Bobby said no, because the kickoff might go away someday.  I agreed with 26 that the 2018 roster should be based on the 2018 rules and game.

I used the example of Rex drafting defenders suited for the 1974 Raiders, running an antiquated defense, and having it work out poorly.

None of this had anything to do with Rex's offense.

12 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

The discussion was between 26 and MajBobby about whether a ST player is still valuable.  Bobby said no, because the kickoff might go away someday.  I agreed with 26 that the 2018 roster should be based on the 2018 rules and game.

I used the example of Rex drafting defenders suited for the 1974 Raiders, running an antiquated defense, and having it work out poorly.

None of this had anything to do with Rex's offense.

Fair enough, although Rex’s defense wasn't antiquated until he got to the Bills so there may have been some other factors in play.

Edited by vincec

• 2 weeks later...

Bills' Receiver Brandon Reilly Plays Best when Competition is Fierce

Orchard Park, N.Y. -- When Buffalo Bills general manager Brandon Beane traded for former first-rounder Corey Coleman last week, the margin for error in the wide receiver position battle shrunk instantly.

Second-year receiver Brandon Reilly is battling to make the Bills' 53-man roster after spending all but five games on the practice squad. The five games Reilly spent on the big team didn't result in any playing time.

Coleman's addition increases the competition, but Reilly isn't somebody who needed extra motivation.

"I always kind of have that chip on my shoulder and that fire lit," Reilly said. "It's kind of an always, everyday kind of thing for me. It adds competition to the room, and I feel like that's when I play at my best."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Brandon Reilly Ready to Play on Sundays - Suffered a Broken Rib Against Carolina

...don't think they bothered to activate him last year which I believe saved an accrued season...thus his RFA status is extended one year.......like this kid's size, grit, determination and blue collar/lunch pail mentality.....which means Belichick will scoop him up to go with Chris "Good Riddance He Sucks" Hogan....oh well.....

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Good Luck Brandon!

"He is a great player." :lol: Draft Diamonds is funny.

After spending the entire 2017 season on the practice squad, Reilly earned a chance to really step his game up in 2018 and make the 53-man roster and make an impact on a poor WR unit. He failed to do so.

I'm sure it wasn't for lack of trying but Reilly has a very limited ceiling and he just didn't improve enough for the Bills to decide they should continue to invest in him.

4 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

"He is a great player." :lol: Draft Diamonds is funny.

After spending the entire 2017 season on the practice squad, Reilly earned a chance to really step his game up in 2018 and make the 53-man roster and make an impact on a poor WR unit. He failed to do so.

I'm sure it wasn't for lack of trying but Reilly has a very limited ceiling and he just didn't improve enough for the Bills to decide they should continue to invest in him.

It's a slight exaggeration. :lol:

You prolly are not going to get 2 years on the PS as a possession receiver 

He got his RS year to acclimate and get stronger. This was his chance to really breakthrough and grab a 2-4 spot

It unfortunately didn’t happen

There are literally 20 +kids a year like Reilly, an UDFA or has good speed, good size and plays hard... you want them to succeed but you can’t wait too long for development 

i thought he would breakout... Cam Phillips prolly takes his spot

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Brandon Reilly Ready to Play on Sundays - Works Out for the Patriots