Training camp tweets

1 minute ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I read Aaron Rodgers threw a pick on first attempt today.  Perhaps he can be had if the Bills dangle a 5th...

If only that Rodgers guy had a track record of high level achievement in the NFL. 

35 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Miller played both sides at Louisville--they even flipped him from left to right and back again during games (routinely).

Odd.  Tried searching and all I found was he started every game at Louisville at LG. 

21 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Not sure what that Cover 1 is talking about? It seemed like Allen was having the best day of the three QBs before the end of practice.

Forgive me if I'm jumping the gun as I want Allen to succeed just as much as the next guy, but I get the sense that disputes like this are going to be the story of his career. Makes some impressive throws, misses some easy throws. Argue. Repeat.

Just now, MURPHD6 said:

Forgive me if I'm jumping the gun as I want Allen to succeed just as much as the next guy, but I get the sense that disputes like this are going to be the story of his career. Makes some impressive throws, misses some easy throws. Argue. Repeat.

I mean could happen. But stuff like this is expected with a rookie QB. Especially one that is raw and is in process of improving his footwork like Allen is.

3 minutes ago, MURPHD6 said:

What I want to see is Josh Allen come out tomorrow and nail those throws that he missed today......

ALL rookies need work.....will Josh turn weaknesses into strengths as time progresses

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have actually found the cover 1 guys to be pretty fair in their analysis......more then fair actually

He is right....it is one practice

I'm not accusing him of anything. Just seemed like Allen was having a solid day until the end.

He seems to feel the opposite

21 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

:thumbsup:  Great to see the Bills' brass support Pancho as he battles Cancer. 

I'm really digging the Pancho Billa love, but feel sorry that he has to wear all that get up to TC.

So...sounds like we're not really anywhere different.  Sounds like AJ is consistant, without the "wow" factor.  Peterman is still struggling with zipping the ball in, and Allen is a rookie WIP.  ...honestly, not really surprised.  Some of our recievers appear to be surprising (in a good way), so there's that.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, CNY315 said:

I'm not accusing him of anything. Just seemed like Allen was having a solid day until the end.

He seems to feel the opposite

I didnt think you were

There was just some suggestion that Cover 1 was unduly fair on Josh Allen today

I think different ppl are going to see different things......and everyone's opinion (including yours) should be respected....its day 1

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, The Red King said:

So...sounds like we're not really anywhere different.  Sounds like AJ is consistant, without the "wow" factor.  Peterman is still struggling with zipping the ball in, and Allen is a rookie WIP.  ...honestly, not really surprised.  Some of our recievers appear to be surprising (in a good way), so there's that.

Big difference sounds like Daboll , it'd be hard to be worse than Dennison/Taylor

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What I want to see is Josh Allen come out tomorrow and nail those throws that he missed today......

ALL rookies need work.....will Josh turn weaknesses into strengths as time progresses

Yeah. We have to expect missed throws. And Jimbo missed alot in his heyday. Its consecutive misses that worry me, because its a muscle memory thing.

8 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Funny how the consecutive incredible throws get so over shadowed on the poor throws 

That's the same with any endeavor these days.  Negative events unfortunately draw more attention and discussion.

There was one tweet from the middle of practice (maybe I missed it here earlier) that noted on one rep when Allen was running with the threes, they lined up KB with him. That is pretty telling to me. I think they want him to win the job and he's going to. It's going to be AJ v JA. The Peterman thing is just McD being McD, showing the team that if you work hard and do and say everything right, you have a chance to start on his team. But it's a promotional move more than a genuine possibility.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills have a three-way competition at quarterback, but there was little mistaking Thursday that fans' eyes are on No. 7 overall pick Josh Allen. The crowd loudly cheered all of his completions at Thursday's practice and swarmed him for autographs. There were already several No. 17 jerseys in the stands.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Frodak_mike.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

There was one tweet from the middle of practice (maybe I missed it here earlier) that noted on one rep when Allen was running with the threes, they lined up KB with him. That is pretty telling to me. I think they want him to win the job and he's going to. It's going to be AJ v JA. The Peterman thing is just McD being McD, showing the team that if you work hard and do and say everything right, you have a chance to start on his team. But it's a promotional move more than a genuine possibility.  

Yeah, it's back there somewhere. Mentions Benjamin with the 3s.

16 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Allen did get some time with the #1s during a walkthrough.