Julio Jones is not going to report to Camp.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Doesn't effect the point whatsoever. He was a 30 year old, disgruntled but still excellent WR. He fetched a 4th.

Moss was coming off a couple of down seasons though.   JJ is still very much at the peak of his game.  People thought Moss was washed up and done.   And if he didn't have Brady throwing him the ball he may have been.  

I don't know why fans defend the teams so much. Teams cut players all the time when they are under contract, or try to renegotiate their contracts for smaller cap hits. If teams can do that, the players should be able to hold out. It makes it more balanced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I don't know why fans defend the teams so much. Teams cut players all the time when they are under contract, or try to renegotiate their contracts for smaller cap hits. If teams can do that, the players should be able to hold out. It makes it more balanced.

I think the dead money should go to the players

16 minutes ago, MJS said:

I agree 100 percent. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Doesn't effect the point whatsoever. He was a 30 year old, disgruntled but still excellent WR. He fetched a 4th.

I don't really think you can compare the two.

Sure Moss was a great player, but when he was traded he was coming off 2 pretty bad seasons for his standards.

The year he got traded he came off a season where he played 13 games and got 42 catches for 553 yards.

The year before that he played 16 games and had 60 catches for 1005 yards.

Julio is coming off back to back 1400 plus yards seasons, is a year younger, and is a class act.

Randy Moss was a complete head case who wasn't producing that well as he was reaching his 30s.

What I am trying to say is for the bills to get Julio , it will take A LOT more than a 4th round pick

Edited by billsfan11
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Just gonna leave this here. Julio has spent most of the summer working out/hanging out with TO...

IMG_3397.thumb.jpeg.6329475b6c0df04b84382abba73e5555.jpeg

Blehhhh. The falcons opened the can of worms when they drafted Ridley. It’s bad enough guys like Watkins will make more than Julio this season because of how his contract was structured and now the slight of looking at his eventual replacement. The contract is the same thing Gronk is going through. Making less than lesser TEs if he looks at it on a one year basis.

The players are up against it in the NFL and I try not to fault them for maximizing their value. It does suck seeing stars sit out or come in during regular season and end up pulling a hammy. 

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

https://929thegame.radio.com/articles/atlanta-falcons-will-reportedly-not-rework-contract-wide-receiver-julio-jones

Beane Make the Call. See what that package is that they would move him for. 

Until we know we have a QB who can deliver the ball, wasting big money on a top WR is foolish.

See Failed Sammy Watkins Project.

3 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

the most physically dominant WR in the game, and it isn't even close. i'll bet matt ryan signs up to give half of his salary to jones to keep him around. half of his stats are thanks to the jump balls this guy hauls in.

I dunno about half, but there's no question that just as AJ Green makes Dalton look better than he is, so Julio Jones makes Ryan look better than he is.

Allegedly the Falcons have informed Jones they have no $$ to rework his contract, but I do wonder if he'd be open to a compromise that they could afford - say, guaranteeing part or all of his salary etc.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno about half, but there's no question that just as AJ Green makes Dalton look better than he is, so Julio Jones makes Ryan look better than he is.

but who doesn't love them a little hyperbole early in the morning?

46 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I don't really think you can compare the two.

Sure Moss was a great player, but when he was traded he was coming off 2 pretty bad seasons for his standards.

The year he got traded he came off a season where he played 13 games and got 42 catches for 553 yards.

The year before that he played 16 games and had 60 catches for 1005 yards.

Julio is coming off back to back 1400 plus yards seasons, is a year younger, and is a class act.

Randy Moss was a complete head case who wasn't producing that well as he was reaching his 30s.

What I am trying to say is for the bills to get Julio , it will take A LOT more than a 4th round pick

I don't think a 4th will get him, but I don't think many teams will offer much more. Maybe a 3rd. Ultimately I don't think he's going anywhere.