President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

2 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is a fine distinction.  So after having a deadly disease for a while you're likely out of cash, but when the insurance company cuts you off, you can go buy it somewhere else.  You really think an average middle income family can afford this?  Really?  Paying for cutting edge experimental cancer treatment out of their own pocket?  In other words, disconnect and die with dignity.

In the world with GoFundMe and other crowd sourcing media, along with friend and family support, yes. 

GoFundMe pays for dogs to get heart transplants at this point.  

Also, BTW, most, if not all, of experimental treatments are free to the patients.  Because they are experimental.

Edited by BringBackOrton
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, KRC said:

They said that they would travel to see her. Total BS.

They even offered to do it by phone, I believe.

It's all about the delay........................

Jonathan Mardukas: I can't fly.

Jack Walsh: What?

Jonathan Mardukas: You heard me, I can't fly.

Jack Walsh: No, no, no. You're going to have to do better than that, pal.

Jonathan Mardukas: No, I don't have to do better than that, because it's the truth, I can't fly: I suffer from aviaphobia.

Jack Walsh: What does that mean?

Jonathan Mardukas: It means I can't fly. I also suffer from acrophobia and claustrophobia.

Jack Walsh: I'll tell you what: if you don't cooperate, you're gonna suffer from "fistophobia".

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is a fine distinction.  So after having a deadly disease for a while you're likely out of cash, but when the insurance company cuts you off, you can go buy it somewhere else.  You really think an average middle income family can afford this?  Really?  Paying for cutting edge experimental cancer treatment out of their own pocket?  In other words, disconnect and die with dignity.

Individuals should be able to obtain the care they can afford, can be helped to afford through non-compulsion, or that others freely chose to provide them with.

They should not have government panels telling them that they will not be permitted to receive that care.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Individuals should be able to obtain the care they can afford, can be helped to afford through non-compulsion, or that others freely chose to provide them with.

They should not have government panels telling them that they will not be permitted to receive that care.

OK.  I never saw anything saying a "death panel" would deny you from going out and starting a GoFundMe or whatever and do your own thing.  The whole "death panel" nonsense was just political grand standing anyway.  Kind of like this whole SC thing is now.  And the "kids in cages" a few months back.  Why doesn't anyone care about "kids in cages" anymore? 

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Goodness.  I wonder what the experimental cutting edge cancer treatment costs, and how it can be covered under the policy everyone suggests is too expensive to begin with? 

You're making an emotional argument regarding a financial issue. The contract chosen outlines coverage and benefits in exchange for the premium paid. If you're going emotional, why not have the doctor/hospital/pharmaceutical donate services, the govt forgive all taxes, tolls and fees, Verizon toss in free cell service, and Dunkin donuts send munchkins for breakfast? 

It sucks when cancer comes to call, but its silly to suggest that there should be no limits to treatments. 

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You're making an emotional argument regarding a financial issue. The contract chosen outlines coverage and benefits in exchange for the premium paid.

I responding to the story of Charlie in Great Britain that someone posted to support their argument.

They can't even hide that this is about revenge, not justice.

Feinstein: I would remind my Republican colleagues that they blocked President Obama’s nominee for a year and the court survived. Show some heart. Wait until Dr. Ford feels that she can come before the committee.

I wasn't aware that the business of the nation must be held hostage to the feelings of an individual, even the feelings of someone for whom we have personal sympathy.

Just now, reddogblitz said:

OK.  I never saw anything saying a "death panel" would deny you from going out and starting a GoFundMe or whatever and do your own thing.  The whole "death panel" nonsense was just political grand standing anyway.  Kind of like this whole SC thing is now.  And the "kids in cages" a few months back.

No, it's not.

I provided you with a very recent and specific example of the English and EU court system refusing to allow a patient care which, absent a "government death panel" they would have been able to obtain.

It wasn't grand standing at all.

It happens.

I've provided you evidence that's how those systems actually work.

You might not like the language, which was loaded for political impact, but I leave it to you to explain to the board how Charlie Gard was not an example of a "government death panel" in action.

4 minutes ago, B-Man said:

They can't even hide that this is about revenge, not justice.

Feinstein: I would remind my Republican colleagues that they blocked President Obama’s nominee for a year and the court survived. Show some heart. Wait until Dr. Ford feels that she can come before the committee.

That's a pretty stupid argument 

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Uh huh, sure they will:

* Women’s March and other left-wing groups organized illegal disruptions of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearings.
* The left-wing organizations violated IRS rules, experts told TheDCNF.
* The organizations could lose their tax-exempt status.

Link to article

Will churches, too? 

9 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

OK.  I never saw anything saying a "death panel" would deny you from going out and starting a GoFundMe or whatever and do your own thing.  The whole "death panel" nonsense was just political grand standing anyway.  Kind of like this whole SC thing is now.  And the "kids in cages" a few months back.  Why doesn't anyone care about "kids in cages" anymore? 

You have not read enough.

In some cases patients are able to collect money in locations where such medical practiced occur but are not allowed/approved.  They then fly from Cuba to the US to have it done.

Or, they make it illegal to leave the country to seek medical care primarily.

Or they flat out refuse like the Britt kid when others want to fund it. The government didn't care about the children!  Didn't think about the children!

22 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Faculty Approved Racism, Binge Drinking and Promiscuity

Here is the text (I am sure it will be scrubbed soon):

https://pastebin.com/bnw6d177

https://pastebin.com/XX673J04

https://pastebin.com/ibiW31MS

It is amazing how much has been scrubbed this past week... almost like it was professionally done. -_-

Classmates.com hosts yearbooks. 

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He's an intellectually limited person with the maturity of a teenage boy. He's not a man, he's a joke. Nothing more. 

You describe yourself very well. That's exactly you! Except your maturity level isn't up to middle school level. 

52 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Life isn't a game, but I sure do play you like one, Ms. Abbott.

Hey, tell that to the president of the Conservative ethics &public policy center. Seriously, Ed Whalen is that person! 

The guy guy who said Ford had been attacked but she got the wrong person. 

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/9/21/17886430/brett-kavanaugh-news-ed-whelan-trump

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

(Clockwork)

Go back to posting tweets from convicted liars, you dunce 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What exactly is a "convicted liar"? 

DR was posting the tweets of this guy as if they were gospel, as if he only lies to law enforcement, but his tweets are totally honest and selfless. 

WASHINGTON — George Papadopoulos, a former Trump campaign adviser, was sentenced on Friday to 14 days in prison for lying to the F.B.I. about his contacts with Russian intermediaries during the 2016 presidential race, becoming the first Trump adviser to be sentenced in the special counsel investigation.

Though most first-time offenders convicted of lying to federal authorities escape with probation, Judge Randolph D. Moss said that Mr. Papadopoulos deserved a stiffer sentence because he had impeded an investigation of “grave national importance.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/07/us/politics/george-papadopoulos-sentencing-special-counsel-investigation.html

Got it? 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Because it didn’t work like the Democratic Party thought it would.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Apparently, she never heard of Amtrak... or John Madden. 

Also never heard the offer to send people out to take her statement for the record, either.  :wallbash:

You know what?  Hold the hearing Monday, state the facts as they are known in to the record, invite Feinstein to speak to those facts on the accuser's behalf, allow Kavanaugh to speak.  The record will show the accusation, have both sides of the story represented, and go a long way towards silencing any rational future criticism of the process.