President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

21 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Absolutely.  Made me do a double-take to check the URL.

Which I definitely did not do. Scrappleface indeed. :lol:

Please excuse me, I’m in the middle of evening cocktails. (And that’s not an open invitation for Jeff to chime in. :ph34r:

Edited by Nanker

33 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

This thread is anecdotal, but the conversations I've had this week with women I know (friends, and we run the spectrum from left to right... political conversations can get er,  boisterous)  have been pretty much the same:

No idea what any of the above means.

:mellow:

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Bull.  If it were planned that far in advance, they would have been removed before the accusation was made.

Plus...you don't have to remove the online data.  You only have to remove the references from the search engine index.  If you can't google it, it doesn't exist.

26 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Bull.  If it were planned that far in advance, they would have been removed before the accusation was made.

Plus...you don't have to remove the online data.  You only have to remove the references from the search engine index.  If you can't google it, it doesn't exist.

Deindexing a site, disavowing links to pull them off search, deleting Facebook (Facebook doesn't allow a crawl since they kicked bing off years ago), twitter, etc takes some time unless you have an insider at each of the companies where content is removed. The waybackmachine is also a decent source for old content that is no longer available on the original site.

I know a regular person like me would have to hope google (search) pulled all my references at request, and  it probably would only happen if I didn't want the content down. ? 

Not sure I believe 6 months, but 6 weeks without insider help? That I could believe. And, some of the content was still being scrubbed after the DiFi letter drop (the yearbook at her high school for instance).

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Deindexing a site, disavowing links to pull them off search, deleting Facebook (Facebook doesn't allow a crawl since they kicked bing off years ago), twitter, etc takes some time unless you have an insider at each of the companies where content is removed. The waybackmachine is also a decent source for old content that is no longer available on the original site.

I know a regular person like me would have to hope google (search) pulled all my references at request, and  it probably would only happen if I didn't want the content down. ? 

Not sure I believe 6 months, but 6 weeks without insider help? That I could believe. And, some of the content was still being scrubbed after the DiFi letter drop (the yearbook at her high school for instance).

"Insider help" like...the people at Google who have already talked about scrubbing search results for political reasons?  Facebook, who's spent the past two years being raked over the coals and developing real-time processes and procedures to censor whatever they define as "fake news" or "hate speech?"

Welcome to the dangers of the "Russia hacked our election" over-reaction.  There is no way to suppress "fake" information without the capacity to suppress any and all information.  Even if they can't do it know, they've been publicly working on that ability for two years.  

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"Insider help" like...the people at Google who have already talked about scrubbing search results for political reasons?  Facebook, who's spent the past two years being raked over the coals and developing real-time processes and procedures to censor whatever they define as "fake news" or "hate speech?"

Welcome to the dangers of the "Russia hacked our election" over-reaction.  There is no way to suppress "fake" information without the capacity to suppress any and all information.  Even if they can't do it know, they've been publicly working on that ability for two years.  

Your first paragraph is what I believe happened for search and social - insider "help". The rest was seemingly done with professional-grade phone calls and online "assistance". (Hence the extra time  and some "before our very eyes" removals. ) 

It does amaze me how everyone must have jumped when whoever called. Must be some big money behind this.

Say... didn't Kavanaugh help write the Starr Report?

This is all conjecture on my part, however.

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is pretty sad.  While this:

Ford's lawyer Debra Katz said in response to Keyser's attorney's statement that it makes sense that Keyser wouldn't remember, because Ford has said she did not share her allegations "publicly or with anyone for years."

Is true, if you're claiming this

"I understand that you have been identified as an individual who was in attendance at a party that occurred circa 1982 described in a recent Washington Post article," a committee staffer wrote Keyser earlier this week.

Establishing someone as a witness to your accusation, then this:

"It's not surprising that Ms Keyser has no recollection of the evening as they did not discuss it," Katz said in a statement. "It's also unremarkable that Ms. Keyser does not remember attending a specific gathering 30 years ago at which nothing of consequence happened to her. Dr. Ford of course will never forget this gathering because of what happened to her there."

Is patently ridiculous.  They are directly stating that the witnesses who corroborate their accusation are not credible witnesses.  What's more, they're using that lack of credibility and the accusation to justify each other - "She's a witness...but she won't remember anything, because nothing happened to her, which proves our story!"

This has entered conspiracy theory territory, where even evidence that contradicts the accusation proves the accusation.  The truly nauseating thing about it is how many victims of sexual assault this is going to discourage from coming forward.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Is patently ridiculous.  They are directly stating that the witnesses who corroborate their accusation are not credible witnesses.  What's more, they're using that lack of credibility and the accusation to justify each other - "She's a witness...but she won't remember anything, because nothing happened to her, which proves our story!"

This has entered conspiracy theory territory, where even evidence that contradicts the accusation proves the accusation.  The truly nauseating thing about it is how many victims of sexual assault this is going to discourage from coming forward.  

Stated very succinctly.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

The next thing you know, Greggy will be saying Sitcom Math proves aliens.

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Ms. Keyser is Bob Beckel's ex-wife.

Which might mean she chose to forget as much of her past as possible.

5 hours ago, Nanker said:

Which I definitely did not do. Scrappleface indeed. :lol:

Please excuse me, I’m in the middle of evening cocktails. (And that’s not an open invitation for Jeff to chime in. :ph34r:

Scrappleface is a site run by Scott Ott, a regular guy who has a sense of humor and is also an evangelical. He's a friend of mine on FB and I have no idea how we connected. I do know that he ran for county executive in eastern PA and then moved to Texas after he lost. He works a regular job and drives a 20 year old truck. Scrappleface is a site yuall might want to connect to. Clean, but funny.

(end of the thread above)

Because WaPo is a CIA asset, and Bagley's agency connections are hard to ignore. This is real disinformation - pushed by IC elements in mainstream sources - being exposed by actual reporters now. This isn't unique, the only difference is now enough people (on both sides of the spectrum) are awake to the machinations and are seeing the strings being pulled. 

3 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

So good to see this stuff affect “normal people”.

When my brother was a 17 yo senior in HS he got consensual bj from a 14 yo. No one cared, he was finished. Kicked off teams, etc. 

If my brother can be blackballed for nothing, so can local.

Image result for it's time to stop posting meme

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/15/2018 at 9:01 AM, westside said:

You'rean idiot

You’re?

So Billsy

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because WaPo is a CIA asset, and Bagley's agency connections are hard to ignore. This is real disinformation - pushed by IC elements in mainstream sources - being exposed by actual reporters now. This isn't unique, the only difference is now enough people (on both sides of the spectrum) are awake to the machinations and are seeing the strings being pulled. 

Image result for it's time to stop posting meme

Arent you the guy that posited theory after theory?

dont you get tired of subbing for Alex jones?0

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Yeah...uh...lost in Strassel's excellent thread is the fact that the Post had the entire detailed accusation before the Republicans on the Senate Judiciary Committee ever saw it. 

Again: there's a difference between "veracity" and "credibility."  The accusation's veracity - it may very well be true.  But it's credibility...it has none, it's a craven political hit intended to do nothing more than !@#$ with the normal functioning of federal government.  It's an attempt by the Democrats to do an end-around the filibuster rule that they themselves so short-sightedly created.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

.  But it's credibility...it has none, it's a craven political hit intended to do nothing more than !@#$ with the normal functioning of federal government.  It's an attempt by the Democrats to do an end-around the filibuster rule that they themselves so short-sightedly created.

What evidence do you have that a Dr. would make up a false accusation?

Do you have a political motivation to make that claim?

Just wondering.

Edited by Thurmal34

24 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

What evidence do you have that a Dr. would make up a false accusation?

Do you have a political motivation to make that claim?

Just wondering.

You didn't read a word I posted, did you?

Veracity: the quality of being true.

Credibility: the quality of being able to establish veracity.

In this case, the truth or falsity of the claim is irrelevant, because it cannot be established. The accusation has no CREDIBILITY, because it is impossible to establish its VERACITY. 

Nowhere in there is it stated or implied it was made-up.  "Not credible" is not equivalent to "make-believe."

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

So good to see this stuff affect “normal people”.

When my brother was a 17 yo senior in HS he got consensual bj from a 14 yo. No one cared, he was finished. Kicked off teams, etc. 

If my brother can be blackballed for nothing, so can local.

I may get schitt for writing this, but consensual is not enough when you're a senior and she's 14. Legal? Probably. But use your noggin', okay?

How do we avoid this problem your brother has? Hmmm, let's see...oh, wait...I know....don't let a 14 year old suck your dick. Seems like good advice for any high school senior.

16 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

"When is the process going to be fair to a rape victim who's lived with this trauma for 35 years?  Misogyny, War on Women, yada yada yada..."

This whole thing has been artfully constructed to ensure Republicans are wrong at every turn.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DC Tom said:

"When is the process going to be fair to a rape victim who's lived with this trauma for 35 years?  Misogyny, War on Women, yada yada yada..."

This whole thing has been artfully constructed to ensure Republicans are wrong at every turn.

When you can change the rules whenever you want, artful construction is unnecessary.  You can even have a sponsor Senator that looks like mother from Pink Floyd's The Wall.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DC Tom said:

You didn't read a word I posted, did you?

Veracity: the quality of being true.

Credibility: the quality of being able to establish veracity.

In this case, the truth or falsity of the claim is irrelevant, because it cannot be established. The accusation has no CREDIBILITY, because it is impossible to establish its VERACITY. 

Nowhere in there is it stated or implied it was made-up.  "Not credible" is not equivalent to "make-believe."

I think this is on you.  Words like veracity and credibility can be confusing as they both end in 'ty' and have more than one vowel.  When you take the time to consider that in today's world of texting, 'ty' means 'thank you', the whole post seems a mix of words and unspecified gratitude. Plus, don't forget the rules...i before e except after c, and there are 3 i's after the c in credibility. 

• Like (+1) 1

Senators And Christine Blasey Ford Tentatively Agree On Thursday Hearing

After days of negotiations and uncertainty, the Senate Judiciary Committee and Christine Blasey Ford’s attorneys have reportedly reached a tentative agreement for the California psychology professor to publicly testify at a hearing on Thursday.

The agreement was reached during a short call between Blasey’s attorneys and the committee’s chairman, Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa), late Saturday, according to reports from the New York Times, Politico and the Daily Beast. ...

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

When you can change the rules whenever you want, artful construction is unnecessary.  You can even have a sponsor Senator that looks like mother from Pink Floyd's The Wall.

Now, who could you possibly be referring to?

hqdefault.jpgfeinstein.png

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Now, who could you possibly be referring to?

hqdefault.jpgfeinstein.png

And what better way to open her comments at the hearing than "So ya, thought ya, might like to.......come to the show"?

If they achieve their goal Kavanagh will crack and when he speaks he will say:

"Crazy, toys in the attic I am crazy.....Truly gone fishing. They must have taken my marbles away.......Crazy Over the rainbow I am crazy.....bars in the window."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/minnesota-legislator-quits-race-after-daughter-says-he-molested-her/ar-AAAudf8?ocid=spartanntp

This is how sophisticated the Dems/libs are.....much like the global warning hoax....they have invented the #metoo movement....and now the results are paying off...Kavanaugh in doubt after a 30 year plan to smear him gaining traction...now this:

Libs got to a 9 year old over a decade ago and developed her into a covert mole....she began laying the groundwork for her father to be accused of molestation....now the Chair of the House Ways and Means is out....!

Can someone chime in with some memes and right wing links to show the truth here?!?!?

Edited by baskin