Stream Bills games on CBS All Access

nucci

Heck of alot cheaper than the Sunday Ticket...

Buf if I read it right you have to be "in market". If you have to be in the Bills market, that also means you could just pick up an antenna and get them for free (minus tye cost of the antenna of course), and that if you subscribe to any type of cable you already get these games.

So in my opinion this is not a competitor of Directv

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Shotgunner said:

Buf if I read it right you have to be "in market". If you have to be in the Bills market, that also means you could just pick up an antenna and get them for free (minus tye cost of the antenna of course), and that if you subscribe to any type of cable you already get these games.

You are correct to an extent.  What this means is that whatever game is on your local CBS feed, that’s the game available.  I live in Virginia, so there are occasionally times that the Bills are the local game (NE matchups, Baltimore likely week 1 this season).  For me, I would get those games.  The other 14 weeks?  I’d get the national game and Baltimore games.  

So for people in and around buffalo, an antenna works.  For people outside buffalo, we would only get the game if it was on the local CBS feed.  Basically, I still need Sunday Ticket.  

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Yeah, I guess the greatest benefit would be that you could always stream on your phone if you need to.  

5 minutes ago, eball said:

If I understand this correctly it is only for in-market games.  If you live outside of the Buffalo market DirecTV is still going to be the only option.

Yeah, I read it incorrectly.......the words "All Access" meant something different to me

26 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Living out of town, I was thinking about buying an extra DirecTV Box to set up in my dad's house and using it exclusively for a Slingbox that I can stream Bills/Sabres games. Does Sling have blackout restrictions?

They do not.  My co worker did this from his parents house and set up a VPN to connect directly to them on his router.

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

They do not.  My co worker did this from his parents house and set up a VPN to connect directly to them on his router.

Nice. My two aunts, one that lives in town, and one that lives out of town just Facetime. My aunt in Buffalo will set it up on her ipad about 30 minutes before the game, talk to my other aunt, and work on zooming it in perfectly. She claims that she barely can tell that it's a screen on a camera. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Nice. My two aunts, one that lives in town, and one that lives out of town just Facetime. My aunt in Buffalo will set it up on her ipad about 30 minutes before the game, talk to my other aunt, and work on zooming it in perfectly. She claims that she barely can tell that it's a screen on a camera. 

Yea I was lucky enough to put an antenna on my house and I can get the game from Rochester or Buffalo now.  Haven't tried it during the winter yet though so we'll see.

1 hour ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Living out of town, I was thinking about buying an extra DirecTV Box to set up in my dad's house and using it exclusively for a Slingbox that I can stream Bills/Sabres games. Does Sling have blackout restrictions?

No

Or you could just get one of the paid IPTV services like Durex TV,  Vaderstreams, Players Klub, EpicStream, etc...

Those are pretty phenomenal, saving me about $100 a month over cable and giving me a ridiculous amount of content... 

Those pretty much have every live sporting event you can find.

Edited by matter2003