The media vs Josh Allen (QB First Impressions article)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23659740/rookie-quarterback-progress-reports-first-impressions-13-qbs-drafted-2018

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it the media has a love /hate relationship with Josh Allen? I just got done reading an ESPN article on how all the quarterbacks drafted this year are doing. ESPN used Rodak and his insight on how Allen is doing. It was by far one of the more negative pieces done for the article. Mayfield and Darnold ended up sounding like they were having less struggles than Allen was even though more negative reports have been coming out of their camps. They had their home town media covering for them towards the end of the article .

The Rodak did Allen no favors in my opinion other than commenting on his athleticism, arm, and running ability. I really don't think he is in Allens corner when it comes to his consistency with his passes. He nitpicks in most of his reporting about Allens miscues. Trying to convince his readers Allen is much worse than any of the Big 5 quarterbacks drafted. After taking in all of what the different Bills "media" are writing, I feel there is a misconception and agenda going on. I think a lot of the so called media are lazy and don't even attempt to do research for themselves. They repeat whatever they think will help get fans to log onto their tweets or articles, so that in some way it is justifying that they are actual media. Which in a lot of cases I feel it is a longshot.

And then the fans get put into the position of arguing for , or against Allen. It is like the media gets a perverse feeling out of splitting the fanbase. Even though it can't be healthy for the organization. Sorry about the long post.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
added link to first post vs downthread. please add links when discussing online articles. Tnks!

rodak is a pats fan, and a very sophisticated troll imo. I've never read a writer with a bias as consistently negative as rodak. It's as if he gets off on it, quite pathetic really

Edited by billsgpr88
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 1

everyone was split on him before the draft and you think the perception of him is going to change because he was drafted by your favorite team?

They haven’t played a down yet so the reporters who we’re unsure of him are still going to be skeptical. The kid is going to be great and RODAK will come around I guarantee it will be “ I knew he was going to be a star, from the first time I saw him.”  That’s just how the media is... 

• Like (+1) 2

When you say Josh Allen vs the media, you are referring to something written by one person? An article in which you don’t even provide the link for us to actually see what was written. Also, this person is someone who has had access to watch Allen so why should I assume he’s wrong? Is it because it’s not what you want to hear? It’s OTAs. Even if he is struggling, it’s not a big deal right now. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, billsgpr88 said:

rodak is a pats fan, and a very sophisticated troll imo. I've never read a writer with a bias as consistently negative as rodak. It's as if he gets off on it, quite pathetic really

The Jerry Sullivan school of "journalism".    TROLL

The last time I looked, the media doesn't determine whether any athlete succeeds or fails.  Allen will succeed or fail based on how he does on the field, not on what the media says about his play.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BB@Shooter said:

ESPN used Rodak and his insight on how Allen is doing. It was by far one of the more negative pieces done for the article.

Rodakent is a P*ts fan.  It is not much different than using Bucky or Sulky as writer/source.  The article is heavily colored by their attitudes.

• Like (+1) 1

Does it really matter what some hacks opinion is?

The season starts in September, and even then, it doesn't matter.

Let's check back after Josh Starts a season worth of games.

My opinion is that he will be better than Kelly. Does that matter? No.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, George C said:

Does it really matter what some hacks opinion is?

The season starts in September, and even then, it doesn't matter.

Let's check back after Josh Starts a season worth of games.

My opinion is that he will be better than Kelly. Does that matter? No.

I agree he will be better than Chad Kelly.

• Haha (+1) 2

If this is the ESPN article referenced, this doesn’t strike me as anymore anti-Allen than any of his other fellow 1st-round QB’s. Rosen’s is by far the most glowing and tne

others’ more mixed, with Allen’s arguably implying a tiny bit more optimism than them:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23659740/rookie-quarterback-progress-reports-first-impressions-13-qbs-drafted-2018

Edited by Midwest1981
  • Like (+1) 1