Suicide Watch....

2 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

The Texas shooting "suspect" has been placed on suicide watch.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/21/texas-school-shooting-suspect-on-suicide-watch.html

Hell, I'd watch.

They should provide him stepping stool and rope.

But even though he’s been charged as an adult, Pagourtzis will not face the death penalty due to a 2005 Supreme Court ruling. The justices prohibited a state from putting to death someone who is under the age of 18, according to the Death Penalty Information Center(DPIC).

“When a juvenile commits a heinous crime, the State can exact forfeiture of some of the most basic liberties, but the State cannot extinguish his life and his potential to attain a mature understanding of his own humanity,” the ruling read.

2 hours ago, mead107 said:

Should cut his fingers off one a day. Then his toes.  Then a ice pick in each eye and one in each ear. Then throw him in a wood chipper.   

Would you perform those acts,or would you expect somebody else too? 

7 hours ago, Gugny said:

That makes you the same kind of person he is.

Not at all. Why should that kid live?  The pain he caused so many people.   

It would be just a job.   Like the guy that chopped off heads or the guy that let the rope go to slice off the head. 

So you would want to put the kid in a mental hospital?   turn him back out in 10 years? 

Edited by mead107

1 hour ago, mead107 said:

It would be just a job.   Like the guy that chopped off heads or the guy that let the rope go to slice off the head. 

So you would want to put the kid in a mental hospital?   turn him back out in 10 years? 

The Kid would say the people he shot caused him pain.  By your argument that's why he shot them.  Of course that is simply wrong.

When somebody causes you pain, you don't get even, cause them more pain.  Even the score and give them a face wash.  This ain't Gaza.

7 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I hope he receives competent legal council and a fair trial.

And if found guilty is condemned to death

I can agree with this.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

It's a little early to decide the kid's fate, but killing someone against their will is murder, whether it's sanctioned by the government, or not.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It's a little early to decide the kid's fate, but killing someone against their will is murder, whether it's sanctioned by the government, or not.

So if it involved your family you would take the kid in and comfort the cold blooded killer? 

28 minutes ago, mead107 said:

So if it involved your family you would take the kid in and comfort the cold blooded killer? 

Don't be so !@#$ing simple.

• Like (+1) 1

He can't be put to death, even in Texas.  Wishing him to kill himself is tragic. It's not hard to kill yourself. You just need patience and time. He will do it if he wants to do so but no one should encourage it.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

He can't be put to death, even in Texas.  Wishing him to kill himself is tragic. It's not hard to kill yourself. You just need patience and time. He will do it if he wants to do so but no one should encourage it.

Why not?  Would save a lot of hassle and money.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

Because he has parents and a family.  They, too, are victims.  Anyone wishing that a 17-year-old, or anyone for that matter, commits suicide is failing to look at the bigger picture, in my opinion.  Anyone wishing that parents lose their child, regardless of the situation, must not understand the bond between parents and their child.

I honestly don't get this train of thought.  At all.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Doc said:

This is true in most respects but it doesn't make it easier on him, his family, and the few people that have compassion for him. Suicide is ugly and terrible.

And gug - suicide on the internet is called an hero. Know your meme, brah.

We are a selfish society.

Not sure how we would handle it if it happened to us.

You have to handle life's schitty turns with grace, compassion, and humility.  Hard for me to say again how I would act but acting like a mob is not those virtues.

https://goodmenproject.com/ethics-values/25-virtues-found-in-the-best-of-men-fiff/

COMPASSION

The ability to step outside of yourself and perform an act of selflessness: this is the foundation of compassion.  To be compassionate is to value others above yourself for the sole purpose of contributing to the greater good.

Compassion... Even when dealing with a person who just shattered your world.

12 minutes ago, mead107 said:

So you do-gooders want to have compassion for this idiot who killed 10 kids. 

You are kidding yourself if you think you would have compassion if he killed your child.   

There's a difference between compassion and not wanting to play God.

There's also a difference between not having compassion for someone vs. wishing them dead.

Simple.  Painfully simple.

• Thank you (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, mead107 said:

You are kidding yourself if you think you would have compassion if he killed your child.   

I would strive to.  I try not to surround myself with myself and own self-pity.

It's hard to understand... I know. Emotions get the best of us.

What are we teaching with vengeance?  No different than the shooter.  Supposedly, he was vengeful because he was picked on, spurned and embarrassed.  Where does the tit for tat end.  I am not justifying what he did.  We as a society are better than that.

We need to start teaching less competition, more virtues.  Mock it and call it do gooding...

Don't let emotions run wild... Even in theses seemingly extremes. By doing so, we act just like the evil.

44 minutes ago, mead107 said:

Maybe they will change their attitude when the next one happens in a few weeks, or the next mass shooting after that one, or the one after that?

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I would strive to.  I try not to surround myself with myself and own self-pity.

It's hard to understand... I know. Emotions get the best of us.

What are we teaching with vengeance?  No different than the shooter.  Supposedly, he was vengeful because he was picked on, spurned and embarrassed.  Where does the tit for tat end.  I am not justifying what he did.  We as a society are better than that.

We need to start teaching less competition, more virtues.  Mock it and call it do gooding...

Don't let emotions run wild... Even in theses seemingly extremes. By doing so, we act just like the evil.

They do teach less competition today, it's why everyone complains about the kids today being so sensitive and "snowflakes"

In a few weeks we will all be over this one when another one will happen and everyone will get fired right back up and "pray for <fill in the blank>" while doing  nothing that's actually going to help the situation or cause of this.

42 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Maybe they will change their attitude when the next one happens in a few weeks, or the next mass shooting after that one, or the one after that?

They do teach less competition today, it's why everyone complains about the kids today being so sensitive and "snowflakes"

In a few weeks we will all be over this one when another one will happen and everyone will get fired right back up and "pray for <fill in the blank>" while doing  nothing that's actually going to help the situation or cause of this.

No.  We are a more zero-sum world, competitive world.

Ultimate winners, even bigger losers.

It's a fallacy that these Children aren't competing.  They are competing in life more than ever.

And earlier...

I’m will to pull the switch.   New job in retirement.  

Do you think god god will forgive him?   Straight to hell.   

I'm with you, mead.  If it were up to bleeding hearts like @Gugnyand @Boyst62 our prisons would be emptied and murderers and rapists would swarm our streets killing everyone we love.  Thankfully, there are people like you and me who have the fortitude to torture and kill in the name of justice while these shrinking violets cry about due process. 

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm with you, mead.  If it were up to bleeding hearts like Gugny and Boyst our prisons would be emptied and murderers and rapists would swarm our streets killing everyone you love.  Thankfully, there are people like you and me who have the fortitude to torture and kill in the name of justice while these shrinking violets cry about due process. 

I don't cry about due process.

I also don't cry in my own self-pity.  Self-pity is pathetic, boo hoo Deplorable Snowflakes... Life dealt you a bad hand.  Now, make a change and deal somebody a better hand... Even if it is for somebody that just shattered your world.   I am not saying let the evil go free, but your brand of justice deters nothing.

Have some moral backbone and less self-pity driven by pure emotion to get even and then one up.  Tit for tat games do not end well, it just escalates.  We see the escalation in a highly competitive world where winners take all the resources and losers get nothing.  People playing win-win... Dude was blinded by that.  One of his victims jilted him, openly embarrassed him in public.  He played the losers hand  because couldn't see/understand middle outcome, lose-win.  Both sides now get Lose-Lose and we move onto the next twisted game.

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I don't cry about due process.

I also don't cry in my own self-pity.  Self-pity is pathetic, boo hoo Deplorable Snowflakes... Life dealt you a bad hand.  Now, make a change and deal somebody a better hand... Even if it is for somebody that just shattered your world.   I am not saying let the evil go free, but your brand of justice deters nothing.

Have some moral backbone and less self-pity driven by pure emotion to get even and then one up.  Tit for tat games do not end well, it just escalates.  We see the escalation in a highly competitive world where winners take all the resources and losers get nothing.  People playing win-win... Dude was blinded by that.  One of his victims jilted him, openly embarrassed him in public.  He played the losers hand  because couldn't see/understand middle outcome, lose-win.  Both sides now get Lose-Lose and we move onto the next twisted game.

You're weak on crime!  An enabler of the worst kind.  The only thing these punks respect is the threat of a cruel and unusual death and a bunch of wig wearing Marys took that option off the table.

2 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

LOL at these neckbeard tough guys who want to be the one to pull the plug. 

Take a lap guys. 

Yep.  Living off of pure emotion.  Life sucks @ times, deals bad hands.  The tough guys want to control it the same way the dirtball shooter was trying to control his life.

Fail.

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You're weak on crime!  An enabler of the worst kind.  The only thing these punks respect is the threat of a cruel and unusual death and a bunch of wig wearing Marys took that option off the table.

Our Founders thought differently.

25 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yep.  Living off of pure emotion.  Life sucks @ times, deals bad hands.  The tough guys want to control it the same way the dirtball shooter was trying to control his life.

Well, I'm not going to make this bigger than an internet comment. I just found it silly. 

The prison system needs an overhaul, but throwing all the evil guys into woodchippers isn't the solution. 

7 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Well, I'm not going to make this bigger than an internet comment. I just found it silly. 

The prison system needs an overhaul, but throwing all the evil guys into woodchippers isn't the solution. 

Yeah, who has a wood chipper that big? 

It certainly is a broken system, but I don’t have answers. A friend had his son do almost a year in the county jail. The Sheriff told him north of 85% of the people in there were somehow drug related. Not sure if that number changes in prison.  

Not sure torture is ever a great idea (especially not vindictive torture for tortures sake) but I have wondered why we keep these 100% guilty mass shooters alive. (such as the kid in Colorado, the church shooter, Cruz, this one etc.) Why not do a quick (fair) trial and then execute them within a week of the guilty verdict? 

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Not sure torture is ever a great idea (especially not vindictive torture for tortures sake) but I have wondered why we keep these 100% guilty mass shooters alive. (such as the kid in Colorado, the church shooter, Cruz, this one etc.) Why not do a quick (fair) trial and then execute them within a week of the guilty verdict? 

There's always the China method.  Show trial, then drag them out back and cap them over a pit.