Which Bills Decision Infuriated You?

The 2006 Draft stands out as a point where i knew the Bills had absolutely no clue what they were doing...as if taking Whitner at 8 when Ngata was still on the board was bad enough, then they went and traded up for John McCargo when Nick Mangold was still available.. I remember wanting to cry when that happened.  

• Like (+1) 4

49 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

The 2006 Draft stands out as a point where i knew the Bills had absolutely no clue what they were doing...as if taking Whitner at 8 when Ngata was still on the board was bad enough, then they went and traded up for John McCargo when Nick Mangold was still available.. I remember wanting to cry when that happened.  

Amen, brotha ?

• Like (+1) 1

CJ Spiller. I even thought he was a good runningback but we had all these holes and a stable of great RBs already

Maybin was the opposite, was pretty sure he was a super risky pick, but a position we desperately needed

3 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Just seeing the Eagles get quality Bills' players again and again whether through trades or signings really got under my skin.

Cept the Shady deal!

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Getting rid of Lamonica.

Hiring Wrecks.

Those are my Top 2.

I started following football about 1971 or so. Lamonica's Raiders were always good and exciting to watch. I remember being astounded when my dad told me that he used to be on the Bills. I couldn't figure out how that could have possibly happened. You know what? I still can't.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

CJ Spiller. I even thought he was a good runningback but we had all these holes and a stable of great RBs already

Maybin was the opposite, was pretty sure he was a super risky pick, but a position we desperately needed

Cept the Shady deal!

I honestly was still in shock that they would trade Alonso after he showed so much promise as a rookie even with McCoy being the player they swapped for.

12 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

That would have to rank as about my worst.  In addition to Orakpo, Clay Matthews was still on the board when we drafted Maybin.  The pain, it lingers.

Between about 2006 and 2010, I KNOW, KNOW, about 10 or 12 guys on this board could have crafted a better draft than the Bills did, either going off their own scouting or just consensus judgement of multiple "media experts"

I suppose in retrospect, I thought well of Nix (2011 on) and Whaley just because at least they were a marked improvement.

11 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

I honestly was still in shock that they would trade Alonso after he showed so much promise as a rookie even with McCoy being the player they swapped for.

But yeah.. their role players on defense are like half the bills Swchartz D. Bradham was very underrated disappointed we couldn't keep him

7 hours ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Not sure I understand this one.  Maybe you meant starting Johnson over Flutie in general but in this instance when Rob Johnson walked off the field for the last time that day he was ahead.

And with just seconds left. 

14 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Allowing Leodis McKelvin to return kicks. The fumble game occurred in 2009, yet he was given the chance to fumble away a KC game in 2014. 

Never did see McKelvin at any autograph sessions...they were probably afraid he would drop the pen.

4 hours ago, WhoTom said:

In addition to a few already mentioned:

1. Keeping Jauron for the sake of "continuity."

2. Releasing Bledsoe and handing over the keys to JP without a camp competition.

3. Releasing Fitz and handing over the keys to EJ without a camp competition.

4. Defensive Attention Deficit Disorder: 4-3 to 3-4 to 4-3 far too many times.

5. Letting Edwards throw a pass in the red zone when all we needed was a FG to seal the win against Dallas.

These are great points.  I remember people actually defending the move for “continuity.”  That drove me crazy

In no particular order:

Not keeping Ahmad Rashad

Firing Bill Polian

Drafting CJ Spiller

Not keeping Jason Peters happy and around

Trading a 1st rounder (and 4th) for Rob Johnson, a QB with limited experience

Letting Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield leave

• Thank you (+1) 1

Whitner over Ngata was a hard pill to swallow the moment it happened.  And while Whitner had a solid career, it was nothing compared to Ngata.

Trading up for McCargo pissed me off too

New contract for FitzCrapTrick sent me on a bender...How anyone thought he was worth that contract was beyond me.  Just good enough to keep you from having a good draft pick, and crappy enough to never go anywhere.  Terrible choice to extend him.

Trading Dareus for a sack of rocks I was not a fan of.  Had no issue trading him, but I hated dumping him far below his real value and would have preferred to keep him and move him in the offseason.  Not to mention, we sent him to an AFC team with a tough D on the rise to just help them stand in our way in the future.  

Lastly, pretty much every decision Hackett made pissed me off.  Never saw anyone call games so poorly.  I would add in, Chan Gaileys decision to always abandon a killer run game to let Fitz throws us OUT of games drove me nuts too.  

• Like (+1) 1