CBS Sports: UB has three of top 100 in 2019 NFL draft

May be the result of some regional bias.  Chris Trapasso is WNY native and former editor of Buffalo Rumblings.  Nothing wrong with that, I suppose.  These are good players that are worthy of some publicity that would otherwise be off the radar.  If he is right about one of these he looks good.  They probably were part of UB's Pro day and got good numbers there.  I searched and could not find anything for them.  I doubt they are really ranked that high now but they could grade much higher after the 2018 season.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

That's awesome for UB but Trepasso is pretty terrible and I highly doubt any of those three guys are ranked that highly by any reputable source. Obviously things are looking up at UB though and that's awesome.

Edit: If Tyree shows a lot of progress I could definitely see him rising up though; a guy with his physical tools will always get a look if they show any promise.

Edited by DCOrange

13 hours ago, Blue on Blue said:

That's amazing!

12.  Anthony Johnson, WR 
62.  Khalil Hodge, LB         
82.  Tyree Jackson, QB    

I've been saying this for months. UB's getting good. Their 2018 schedule is not a killer either. Anything less than a bowl bid will be a major disappointment.

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

Edit: If Tyree shows a lot of progress I could definitely see him rising up though; a guy with his physical tools will always get a look if they show any promise.

At 6'7" and 245 lb - that's a big boy! And he can scoot to boot. 

3 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Too bad UB stadium is horrible for watching football. 

It's fine in warm weather. But it's downright brutal during November night games. No shelter from biting winds.

They are building a new indoor practice facility on campus. I've suggested they play those Tuesday/Wednesday night ESPN MACtion games in there. Sure, you could only fit a few hundred fans, but that's how many fans show up anyway because it's so cold.

11 minutes ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

You're right, the Pats won the Super Bowl last season so they picked 32 this year, oops.:P

Nah.........I just can't think of another team that would have their pick taken away thereby leaving only 31 first round picks.

Just saw an ESPN mock that had the Bills picking Houston pass rushing stud DT Ed Oliver as the #1 overall pick in the 2019 draft.      

By the end of the season I think Khalil Hodge may pass Johnson as the first Bill drafted ...

all depends on Johnson’s 40 but if he runs relatively slow Hodge is gonna fly up boards and be drafted top 3

Johnson is totally depending on his 40 time rn for his draft stock

I did find this from PFF:

"Anthony Johnson, Buffalo, 90.2 overall grade: Johnson posted the highest grade in next year’s draft class while ranking fifth in the nation with 599 yards on deep passes and forcing an impressive 18 missed tackles on his 77 catches."

So maybe that ranking wasn't too outlandish.  If he runs sub 4.5 it may be a legit prediction.

NFL Draft Scout has Hodge as the #3 ILB.  He is only 6 ft so cue the London Fletcher comparisons.

http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1020780&draftyear=2019&genpos=ILB

Edited by JESSEFEFFER

2 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

I did find this from PFF:

"Anthony Johnson, Buffalo, 90.2 overall grade: Johnson posted the highest grade in next year’s draft class while ranking fifth in the nation with 599 yards on deep passes and forcing an impressive 18 missed tackles on his 77 catches."

So maybe that ranking wasn't too outlandish.  If he runs sub 4.5 it may be a legit prediction.

I'm guessing he runs in the 4.55-4.60 range based on his film, but we'll see. Should be a really exciting season for UB fans!

7 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

May be the result of some regional bias.  Chris Trapasso is WNY native and former editor of Buffalo Rumblings.  Nothing wrong with that, I suppose.  These are good players that are worthy of some publicity that would otherwise be off the radar.  If he is right about one of these he looks good.  They probably were part of UB's Pro day and got good numbers there.  I searched and could not find anything for them.  I doubt they are really ranked that high now but they could grade much higher after the 2018 season.

That's what I was thinking but then again I have no idea who these players are so I'll give Chris the benefit of the doubt.

5 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

That's what I was thinking but then again I have no idea who these players are so I'll give Chris the benefit of the doubt.

Pretty much every UB football game will be available online to watch free (WatchESPN), or weeknight late season games on one of the ESPN networks, so you can judge for yourself.

DWqlB9rVAAADYQ8.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

With 6 home games before November vs. 2 for the Bills, it may make some sense for a concerted effort for local Bills' fans to establish more of an enthusiastic presence and get their gameday fix.  The Bulls will be good this year and likely be chosen for a bowl game, maybe against a power 5 team.  The crappy schedule that the NFL gave the Bills could work out for the Bulls benefit.

43 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

With 6 home games before November vs. 2 for the Bills, it may make some sense for a concerted effort for local Bills' fans to establish more of an enthusiastic presence and get their gameday fix.  The Bulls will be good this year and likely be chosen for a bowl game, maybe against a power 5 team.  The crappy schedule that the NFL gave the Bills could work out for the Bulls benefit.

UB puts on a great tailgate with name bands and stuff. Free parking too. Here's this year's lineup.

http://www.ubbulls.com/tickets/football/concertseries15

Edited by PromoTheRobot