Brian Cushing still available

I’d take him for the minimum but it would likely end with an injury or suspension.  Bowman would really be the best guy for us to add at this point but I don’t think he’d sign in Buffalo unless it was for over his market value.  I think he stays on the west coast

4 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't disagree completely, but if I am a guy who has dealt with the injuries Bowman has, your better pay me a fair amount or I'm retiring. 

And is Bowman willing to come in and be a 2 down player? 

If his injuries would sway him into retiring if he's not paid enough, wouldn't he be more than willing to only play 2 downs?

I think the Bills should sign a veteran LB, there are a few out on the market that would make sense. Even with Edumonds the team still needs another LB plus some depth. I wouldn't hate kicking the tires on 2 vet LB's in camp just to see what they have and to mentor the younger players. 

49 minutes ago, White Linen said:

If his injuries would sway him into retiring if he's not paid enough, wouldn't he be more than willing to only play 2 downs?

I dunno. These guys have massive egos. It's usually all or nothing. 

10 hours ago, H2o said:

This has been his m.o. since the days at USC. Sometimes he's been fortunate enough to mask it in testing, other times he has been caught. He is the real life version of Lattimer from the movie The Program. 

Brian-Cushing-Before-and-After.jpg

bonds.jpg

23 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

Do you think we should consider Cushing?  After the draft I'm a bit more confident, but we're definitely still lacking experience.   I am aware of the PED issues, but at this point I think he could be had at a bargain.

Maybe if we get a new contract negotiator who insists that players signed need to pay back bonus if they have violations of drugs rules.   Jim Overdorf negotiated those contracts not Whiley and he is still here.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

I’d take him for the minimum but it would likely end with an injury or suspension.  Bowman would really be the best guy for us to add at this point but I don’t think he’d sign in Buffalo unless it was for over his market value.  I think he stays on the west coast

Bowman's market value is between vet league minimum and $4M.

His asking price is another matter. 

I don't think anyone on the west coast needs a starting MLB.

He'd be a good get IMO........tough/winner/leader who can still do what he does...........and I'd rather see Edmunds available to line up on a TE and be able to come off the edge sometimes rather than always in the middle.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Bowman's market value is between vet league minimum and $4M.

His asking price is another matter. 

I don't think anyone on the west coast needs a starting MLB.

He'd be a good get IMO........tough/winner/leader who can still do what he does...........and I'd rather see Edmunds available to line up on a TE and be able to come off the edge sometimes rather than always in the middle.

I agree.  He’s the number 1 FA on my list.  Getting him to sign in Buffalo is a different matter.  I won’t hold my breath.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/oakland-raiders/navorro-bowman-6599/market-value/

says it’s 2 year 9.9 mill 

Edited by NewEra