Are you a fan of Josh Allen?

Josh Allen Poll  

512 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love you some Josh Allen?

• Yes, that’s my guy now
    • No, I didn’t want him and I’m not happy

2 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

Underwhelmed by Rosen.

Wait, you’re counter to this is posting a game where Rosen threw for nearly 500 yards, 4 tds, 0 ints, while rallying his team back because his crap defense allowed 44 points?  You’re not helping the case about academics and Alabama.

i thought this was a fairly positive thread. Should I post Allen’s games against Oregon, Hawaii, & Iowa?

4 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

This is the best I have felt about Buffalo sports in a long time.  

Sub in Rosen for Allen and I’d agree.  I’d also throw in the city of Buffalo as a whole. Shout out to Mayor Urkel. Buffalo is a good place.  

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Wait, you’re counter to this is posting a game where Rosen threw for nearly 500 yards, 4 tds, 0 ints, while rallying his team back because his crap defense allowed 44 points?  You’re not helping the case about academics and Alabama.

i thought this was a fairly positive thread. Should I post Allen’s games against Oregon, Hawaii, & Iowa?

Sub in Rosen for Allen and I’d agree.  I’d also throw in the city of Buffalo as a whole. Shout out to Mayor Urkel. Buffalo is a good place.  

I don't agree with you on the Allen for Rosen....I have been an Allen fan since last year...but that's all good.  If it were reversed I would be a Rosen guy....he is a good QB also.

Just now, Magnum Force said:

I don't agree with you on the Allen for Rosen....I have been an Allen fan since last year...but that's all good.  If it were reversed I would be a Rosen guy....he is a good QB also.

I tried to give Allen a chance because of the hype before the season. He didn’t like a legit starting nfl qb in the games I saw. He looked a project mid round pick.

but I hope I am very, very wrong.

12 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yup, 50% of first round qbs bust. Don’t disagree.  But Qbs who complete under 60% of their passes in college, much less at Wyoming, bust at like 90%.

its also funny how most people say they aren’t trashing Allen as a person yet you just are ripping a 21 year old who don’t even know. Stay classy.

...sorry I think I am classy after 56 years and like to objectively assess.....I cannot comment nor would I attempt to comment on ANY of the QB's selected as I do NOT get to see college ball......I would be the epitome of "fake news" which is NOT my style.......my simple point is that all of these kids have high points and lows, strengths and weaknesses, which result in a dichotomy of opinions that rival the Continental Divide......if it was easy, "BUST" would not be possible, right?........and who in their right mind would root AGAINST a kid trying his best to fulfill a like long dream?.....arses IMO......you may agree or disagree which is your prerogative (respected), but as an old fart I prefer some respect and humility for the game built long ago before these rooks were even a thought....sure you may like feisty and cocky as a possible trait that may be a plus in a rookie's eventually style of play/contribution, but show me first and talk later....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

8 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You clearly didn’t watch the video.

7 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...sorry I think I am classy after 56 years and like to objectively assess.....I cannot comment nor would I attempt to comment on ANY of the QB's selected as I do NOT get to see college ball......I would be the epitome of "fake news" which is NOT my style.......my simple point is that all of these kids have high points and lows, strengths and weaknesses, which result in a dichotomy of opinions that rival the Continental Divide......if it was easy, "BUST" would not be possible, right?........and who in their right mind would root AGAINST a kid trying his best to fulfill a like long dream?.....arses IMO......you may agree or disagree which is your prerogative (respected), but as an old fart I prefer some respect and humility for the game built long ago before these rooks were even a thought....sure you may like feisty and cocky as a possible trait that may be a plus in a rookie's eventually style of play/contribution, but show me first and talk later....

Respect to you as well.  And given your use of fake news, I might have a guess who you voted for (because correct me if I’m wrong).  I’d say that everything you said about Rosen could easily be said about the Current President, where being respectful is probably more important than a nfl qb. JMO.

8 minutes ago, Sky Diver said:

You clearly didn’t watch the video.

I watched the game.  Rosen had one of the worst defenses in college football.  UClA’s Defense was ranked 117 in scoring defense, while Wyoming (who is talked about as the worst team ever) was ranked 9th.  

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/years/2017-team-defense.html

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I tried to give Allen a chance because of the hype before the season. He didn’t like a legit starting nfl qb in the games I saw. He looked a project mid round pick.

but I hope I am very, very wrong.

Me too...In the end, I think I can speak for the entire board in saying that we all want the same thing  which is to have a good football team, future playoff appearances, to beat New England, win the AFC East and .....I guess that's enough for right now .

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

You either get the surrounding talent excuse should not be used or you don't. That said, let's hope he overcomes all of his shortcomings to be the franchise QB the Bills have long needed. 

"Overcomes all of his shortcomings" :lol:

Your over-the-top passive aggressiveness reminds me of many ex-girlfriends. 

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Respect to you as well.  And given your use of fake news, I might have a guess who you voted for (because correct me if I’m wrong).  I’d say that everything you said about Rosen could easily be said about the Current President, where being respectful is probably more important than a nfl qb. JMO.

...perhaps out of sheer ignorance or admittedly NOT getting to see college ball, I did vote for Allen more so as support and hopes that the kid succeeds......sure as hell would be nice to have a solid Kelly like 10 year QB under center to pave our way to long term greener pastures....stay tuned bud.......the post Kelly QB debacle is NOT healthy for longevity of us old farts....just want ONE Lombardi before I head DOWN to "Hell's Kitchen".....reception sucks there from what I've been told............

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

..."many ex-girlfriends"....LMAO...thank God they saw through your clown suit and got the hell out....either hated looking up to you on your high horse or feared a fall would cause substantial injury.....your vapor trail of obstinence and arrogance from your BBMB days has followed you here......a real shocker (COUGH).....SMFH...........

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..."many ex-girlfriends"....LMAO...thank God they saw through your clown suit and got the hell out....either hated looking up to you on your high horse or feared a fall would cause substantial injury.....your vapor trail of obstinence and arrogance from your BBMB days has followed you here......a real shocker (COUGH).....SMFH...........

AlQ8x.gif

4 hours ago, dlonce said:

In another post I pointed to people who do not know enough about what a good QB looks like to make the mistakes you have.

JP, Trent, EJ and Tyrod were not ever good QBs,they never were going to be good QBs.You fell in love with these guys,probably like your love for Rosen.

You’re a fan, you want your QB to succeed,that’s normal.

Youve applied past failures as your litmust test to the future results. I’m going to go opposite of what you have said because of your past, but now you’ve learned. You go by what you see,not because you’re a homer.

So, what is it you see? Is it independent thought or are you listening to the clowns on sports talk radio?

Give us something better than a 56% completion rate. The difference between 56% and 60% is minimal.

I've done this already in previous threads. I've already gave my independent thoughts. Just click on my profile... 

I don't like Allen... until he proves me wrong... I will continue to say, we picked the wrong guy

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Undecided until he lights it up

Exactly!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magnum Force said:

How about Russel Wilson's stats at North Carolina State?

He completed 70% of his passes with a 33 td to 4 ints ratio in his last year in college.  I think comparing guys last year in college is more relevant.

but to answer your question: Wilson was better at NC State and the ACC (possibly the 2nd best conference) than Allen was at Wyoming and the MWC.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/russell-wilson-1.html

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Boller's completion percentages at Cal: 38.6, 46.7, 49.3, 53.3

It took him four years to get above 50%.

Come on, now.

And we all know... The talent around Kyle Boller at CAL was equal to the talent around Josh Allen at Wyoming.

I had Rosen 1 and Allen 2 but after film review and seeing all his accuracy issues are with his footwork which he has addressed I so happy we were able to get him. It's so funny because when under pressure Rosen accuracy is worst than Allens

20 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He completed 70% of his passes with a 33 td to 4 ints ratio in his last year in college.  I think comparing guys last year in college is more relevant.

but to answer your question: Wilson was better at NC State and the ACC (possibly the 2nd best conference) than Allen was at Wyoming and the MWC.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/russell-wilson-1.html

I don't disagree with you but his stats his senior year are more reflective of his transfer to a better program and talent at Wisconsin in my opinion.  For 3 years his stats at NC State were consistent at 57% and then he jumps up 15% to 73% with the Badgers.

I’ll say this. I can’t recall so-called experts disagreeing so wildly about a QB. Some of the biggest names out there think Josh Allen will be an Awesome pro QB and that it was a great pick by the Bills.  Just as many if not more experts think Josh Allen is overrated or even sucks.  

So I have no idea who the hell this guy is or what we have?!? But I’m rooting for him obviously.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

For what it's worth, given that a number of QB evaluators including professionals and guys who like Allen see significant shortcomings, the "over the top passive aggressiveness" call seems a little over-the-top itself.

4 hours ago, Luka said:

Yes, Tyrod was the reason we made the playoffs lmao

it's a team game.  you get this concept right? 

2 hours ago, The_Dude said:

I’ve watched enough of Allen post draft. He can be a successful QB in this league. 

time for you to become a pro scout.

2 hours ago, Magnum Force said:

I don't disagree with you but his stats his senior year are more reflective of his transfer to a better program and talent at Wisconsin in my opinion.  For 3 years his stats at NC State were consistent at 57% and then he jumps up 15% to 73% with the Badgers.

Wow! Russell Wilson went from a quarterback with terrible accuracy to a quarterback with amazing accuracy in a matter of months. What a miracle!

Couldn't have been the change in scheme, coaching he received, his teammates, and various other factors that improved his completion percentage, could it?

Nah, we know that those factors don't exist, but are just "excuses" that fanboys like to make up. Completion percentage is all that matters when determining a quarterback's accuracy, amirite? 

Definitely miracle.