Wawrow: Bills aren’t planning to add to upper management

Given their tremendous record of success with both teams since taking ownership, I have every confidence in Kim's ability to now function as president of three major organizations at the same time.

How hard can it be?  What could go wrong?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 6

Makes sense. The Pegulas aren't really greenhorns anymore, and habe decent newer GMs in place. 

If the reports of Brandon being shut out of McD are true, what was he really doing anyway? From a field/ice perspective probably little to none.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Given their tremendous record of success with both teams since taking ownership, I have every confidence in Kim's ability to now function as president of three major organizations at the same time.

What's the third, PSE?

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

The business side, which Kim will be taking over, has been doing fine. 

The President titles for the Bills and Sabres are meaningless.  She is the owner and she is the driving force behind PSE which is essentially the business side of the Sabres and Bills.

McBeane runs the football operation and Botterill runs the hockey side of the business.  Problems happen when people like Russ, Terry, and Kim meddle in the sport operations side of things... with Russ gone, that just leaves Terry and Kim to mess things up.  Rich people tend to learn from their mistakes so I would hope they've figured out by now to leave the GM duties to the actual GMs.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, sullim4 said:

The President titles for the Bills and Sabres are meaningless.  She is the owner and she is the driving force behind PSE which is essentially the business side of the Sabres and Bills.

McBeane runs the football operation and Botterill runs the hockey side of the business.  Problems happen when people like Russ, Terry, and Kim meddle in the sport operations side of things... with Russ gone, that just leaves Terry and Kim to mess things up.  Rich people tend to learn from their mistakes so I would hope they've figured out by now to leave the GM duties to the actual GMs.

The evidence suggests that particularly on the football side, McBeane are doing exactly what they want without any “meddling” from the Pegulas. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, sullim4 said:

Rex Ryan was good for something at least.

6 minutes ago, eball said:

The evidence suggests that particularly on the football side, McBeane are doing exactly what they want without any “meddling” from the Pegulas. 

They report directly to the Pegula's, which means the Pegula's probably have some sway in the football decisions. Why can't they just let the GM and coach run the show without meddling on personal player favorites. 

3 minutes ago, 100DollarBills said:

They report directly to the Pegula's, which means the Pegula's probably have some sway in the football decisions. Why can't they just let the GM and coach run the show without meddling on personal player favorites. 

Name an owner in the NFL who doesn’t consult with his GM or coach. I don’t think you understand how this works. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Nothing against Kims qualifications -- i do think she could handle this job. But don't worry if Kim does bad Terry will just fire her right guys???

5 minutes ago, eball said:

Name an owner in the NFL who doesn’t consult with his GM or coach. I don’t think you understand how this works. 

Some owners are not involved at that level where they are suggesting who the GM should draft, that's just not how most of them are. Most of them leave that stuff to the experts they have hired.

Some like Jerry Jones get more involved and it causes problems typically. Robert Kraft got involved recently when he forced the garapolo trade and told belichik to suck it up and deal with Brady for as long as Brady wants.

It's not good when stuff like that happens

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, sullim4 said:

These are pretty much my feelings on the matter. Why should there be messengers in between owners and GMs? 

4 hours ago, BillsFan692 said:

Nothing against Kims qualifications -- i do think she could handle this job. But don't worry if Kim does bad Terry will just fire her right guys???

Some owners are not involved at that level where they are suggesting who the GM should draft, that's just not how most of them are. Most of them leave that stuff to the experts they have hired.

Some like Jerry Jones get more involved and it causes problems typically. Robert Kraft got involved recently when he forced the garapolo trade and told belichik to suck it up and deal with Brady for as long as Brady wants.

It's not good when stuff like that happens

Yes, Jones is a great example of a "meddling" owner.  I don't think there is any evidence of that with the Bills -- at least not since McD, and then Beane, were hired.  Everything we have been led to believe -- with more facts coming to light in the wake of Russ' exit -- is that the Pegulas are merely consultants, or advisors, with respect to the moves Beane and McDermott are making.  Nothing has suggested the Pegulas have either forced or blocked moves, and apparently they were fully on board with McD's desire not to have Russ involved in any way, shape, or form on the football side.  My interpretation of Terry's involvement is that he is more of a sounding board, or a consultant who asks questions.

Does anyone believe that if Terry was "meddling" he would have permitted the complete re-tooling of the roster we've seen in what amounts to just over a calendar year?

• Like (+1) 1