Vegas Over/Under 2018 Win Totals - Bills at 6.5

Will the Bills Beat the Vegas 6.5 Games Win Total in 2018?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Over or Under 6.5 Wins for the Bills this Season

Defense will be improved with:

Borderline elite secondary with Davis, Hyde, Poyer, White. 

Improved LB corp with Edmunds in the middle and 2nd year of Milano.

Improved DL with Star and Kyle in the middle, Trent and Hughs on the outside rotating Yarborough and Lawson

Offense better with:

QB: AJ McCarron will be better than Tyrod.

WR: Zay Jones can't be worse and KB in contract year

TE: OLeary comes into his own

RB: Ivory best back up since Karlos, Shady as good as ever.

OL: Well....... This could derail the whole season, but....

I'll say they match last year, 9-7. OVER.

1 minute ago, Commonsense said:

Bovada. I would suggest finding a line that you see more than a single game difference. If you can get out in front of it early it’s a lot less stressful. 

Thank You Kindly!

Just now, Bills Pimpin' said:

Defense will be improved with:

Borderline elite secondary with Davis, Hyde, Poyer, White. 

Improved LB corp with Edmunds in the middle and 2nd year of Milano.

Improved DL with Star and Kyle in the middle, Trent and Hughs on the outside rotating Yarborough and Lawson

Offense better with:

QB: AJ McCarron will be better than Tyrod.

WR: Zay Jones can't be worse and KB in contract year

TE: OLeary comes into his own

RB: Ivory best back up since Karlos, Shady as good as ever.

OL: Well....... This could derail the whole season, but....

I'll say they match last year, 9-7. OVER.

You nailed it,My thoughts exactly!

I didn't want to do all the typing! : )

PS,and all the 7 point or less games we win this year.

17 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I love the Browns over 4.5!! 

Someone corrected me, it's 5.5, but still I bet they win anywhere from 7-9 games. Their schedule should be weak, and with all that talent on offense 7 wins seems automatic. 

46 minutes ago, boater said:

Remember.. Vegas lines are not expert predictors. The line is designed to get equal number of bettors on each side, so the bookie makes money off transaction cost.

As such, a Vegas line reflects the popular opinion of NFL fans nationwide, not necessarily careful analysis by experts.

That's why during the season, how a team does "against the spread" is critical metric. As an unpopular team, the Bills typically do well against the spread.

Thank you - I feel like I have to explain this every year.

8 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Bovada. I would suggest finding a line that you see more than a single game difference. If you can get out in front of it early it’s a lot less stressful. 

Opps,Bovada can't take bets in this area!

we are a better team this year than last.  I say we win 10+, so the over easily.

Our D is much better, our O will start out a bit better, and end up much better.

remember, we scored 3 at carolina, did nothing for like 3 quarters at the bengals, and took a huge dump vs jackson ville.

even in good wins, like over atl, we had lots of turnovers and couldn't convert.

this is a better team than last year, and by no small margin.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Someone corrected me, it's 5.5, but still I bet they win anywhere from 7-9 games. Their schedule should be weak, and with all that talent on offense 7 wins seems automatic. 

I have them at 8-8 in my head. I think 6 is their floor. 

Tough call. Bills won 9 games last year. Many against teams that had surprisingly bad seasons (Raiders, Tampa, Denver, Miami) and caught some teams at the right time of the season (Atlanta, KC). Impossible to predict how the upcoming season will play out. Right now it looks tough. Last years schedule looked daunting too, but we managed to sneak into the playoffs. 

I do think the defense will be better. Another season under McDermott w/ some more pieces that'll fit his scheme. AJ is the wild card. Could he be Jimmy G sneaky good? Or could he be Joe Dufek? As long as McCoy is healthy and able to contribute his typical stats....I believe we have enough personnel to get us .500. Put your money down on the over!!  

32 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Plenty of other sites that have good reputations, just google em. I don’t want to recommend anything that I haven’t used and developed a trust for. 

Thanks in the process of doing that now!

Checking out 5Dimes.

42 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

Nope it's still 4.5!

• Like (+1) 1

Get a decent RT from somewhere and Im very confident they win at least 7...

Their defence will be better than last year, and surely its not too much to hope that QB play is improved?? Not like it was a high bar set last year...

Looking at schedule....

2017:

vs. Jets - W - 5-11                                                                                      @ Panthers - L - 11-5

vs Broncos - W - 5-11                                                                                @ Bengals - L - 7-9

@ Atlanta - W - 10-6                                                                                   @ Jets - L - 5-11

vs. Buccaneers - W - 5-11                                                                          vs. Saints - L - 11-5

vs. Raiders - W - 6-10                                                                                 @ Chargers - L - 9-7

@ Chiefs - W - 10-6                                                                                     vs. Patriots - L - 13-3

vs. Colts - W - 4-12                                                                                      @ Patriots - L - 13-3

vs. Dolphins - W - 6-10

@ Dolphins - W - 6-10

Wins - Beat 2 teams with winning records and 7 teams w/ losing records

Losses - Lost to 5 teams with winning records and 2 teams w/ losing records

WC - @ Jaguars - L - 10-6

2018 (team - 2017 record - prediction - notes)

@ Ravens - 9-7 - ? (To me this is a wildcard, a win isn't impossible but it is on the road with all our changes)

vs. Chargers - 9-7 - L (They improved their team in 2018 and are a possible winner of the AFC)

@ Vikings - 13-3 - L (I don't see a win even if it were in Buffalo)

@ Packers - 7-9 - L (Aaron Rodgers is back)

vs. Titans - 9-7 - W (I'd like to think this is a win at home)

@ Texans 4-12 - L (Watson is back and this is in their house)

@ Colts 4-12 - W (I think we can win this again, without the blizzard)

vs. Patriots - 13-3 - L (not likely to win this)

vs. Bears 5-11 - W (I don't see how you lose this game)

@ Jets 5-11 - L (We struggle in NY)

vs. Jaguars - 10-6 - W (I think this could be a win in our 'revenge' of the playoffs)

@ Dolphins - 6-10 - L (This could end up being a win, but I think they have improved enough to win at home)

vs. Jets - 5-11 - W (I can't see us getting swept by the Jets)

vs. Lions - 9-7 - W (Snow game vs. dome team 2.0)

@ Patriots - 13-3 - L (not happening)

vs. Dolphins - 6-10 - W (Closing out the season with a win vs. the Dolphins....  again!)

8 teams we face had a losing record in 2017.

I count 7 wins - so I would say 5-9 wins is a solid range.  If I had to bet I'd take the over on 6.5.

I think they will start poorly and then  get the legs underneath them.  The NFL did no favors for team front loading away games and having 3 home games in December.  The issue will be the offense line coaching & experience of WRs.  Last year we appeared to have bad luck with WR injuries.  Without Tyrod there teams do not have to play contain so much but maybe starting QB is better at moving the chains.

On Defense our line will be better if new coach is a good teacher for we have the talent. 

Our LBs are lacking and for amount of money Preston Brown we should have kept him.

Not worried about our DBs except at taller WRs and faster TEs but I hope their coach is good since they replaced Planter's dad.

Think kicking game will be at same level but no idea on return game.

I think Coach McD will be more ready this year but not a lot of confidence in coaching staff.