Vegas Over/Under 2018 Win Totals - Bills at 6.5

Will the Bills Beat the Vegas 6.5 Games Win Total in 2018?  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Over or Under 6.5 Wins for the Bills this Season

People like to talk about the Vegas odds and how great they are. Just go look at their predictions from previous years.

They are wrong just as much as the fans are.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

People like to talk about the Vegas odds and how great they are. Just go look at their predictions from previous years.

They are wrong just as much as the fans are.

They aren't trying to be correct, they're trying to get even bets on both sides. They want to be correct about the public's perception, not reality.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

They aren't trying to be correct, they're trying to get even bets on both sides. They want to be correct about the public's perception, not reality.

I understand that. But FANS treat them like gospel and talk about how Vegas gets it right, when they don't.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I understand that. But FANS treat them like gospel and talk about how Vegas gets it right, when they don't.

Vegas makes a lot of money, so more often than not they do get it right.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

They don't. Go look at past predictions.

Now for their purposes they DO get it right because they make money, but their predictions are just as wrong as anyone else's.

I take the over here.  While TT didn't turn the ball over, he also didn't exactly put up good numbers last year.  I think we may have more turnovers, but also more big plays, which should wash out. 

With an easier schedule, a stronger defense, and a second year of McDermott, I think 7 wins should be doable.  The only question mark I really have is how quickly our QB's can adapt to the new offensive scheme and if Zay can fix his past/off-season issues.

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have them at 8-8 in my head. I think 6 is their floor. 

I think will be better then last year , I know many here don’t believe that AJ M is an upgrade , 

but when your passing  offense is ranked     (correct me if I’m wrong) 31st or 32nd and is also why our running wasn’t as productive , 

I really believe that with AJ behind center McCoy will have a little more daylight , I don’t know how we expected  our running game to be productive when the defense has 8-9 man at the line of scrimmage and is daring you to throw ? 

I think the defense will be better as well , 

I say at worse 7- 9  

32 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

More often then not ,  so I would say your right ,  I don’t know if you remember over/under last year but we won 4 more games , 

thats also 4 more games then the majority here ( me included) believed will win !!!

2 hours ago, MTBill said:

Looking at schedule....

[removed last year's results]

2018 (team - 2017 record - prediction - notes)

@ Ravens - 9-7 - ? (To me this is a wildcard, a win isn't impossible but it is on the road with all our changes)

vs. Chargers - 9-7 - L (They improved their team in 2018 and are a possible winner of the AFC)

@ Vikings - 13-3 - L (I don't see a win even if it were in Buffalo)

@ Packers - 7-9 - L (Aaron Rodgers is back)

vs. Titans - 9-7 - W (I'd like to think this is a win at home)

@ Texans 4-12 - L (Watson is back and this is in their house)

@ Colts 4-12 - W (I think we can win this again, without the blizzard)

vs. Patriots - 13-3 - L (not likely to win this)

vs. Bears 5-11 - W (I don't see how you lose this game)

@ Jets 5-11 - L (We struggle in NY)

vs. Jaguars - 10-6 - W (I think this could be a win in our 'revenge' of the playoffs)

@ Dolphins - 6-10 - L (This could end up being a win, but I think they have improved enough to win at home)

vs. Jets - 5-11 - W (I can't see us getting swept by the Jets)

vs. Lions - 9-7 - W (Snow game vs. dome team 2.0)

@ Patriots - 13-3 - L (not happening)

vs. Dolphins - 6-10 - W (Closing out the season with a win vs. the Dolphins....  again!)

8 teams we face had a losing record in 2017.

I count 7 wins - so I would say 5-9 wins is a solid range.  If I had to bet I'd take the over on 6.5.

solid writeup, I'll give my points vs yours (i copied a bunch and left what I agreed with)

(I copied down yours, and I bold where we disagree)

2018 (team - 2017 record - prediction - notes)

@ Ravens - 9-7 - ? (To me this is a wildcard, a win isn't impossible but it is on the road with all our changes)

vs. Chargers - 9-7 - L (They improved their team in 2018 and were hot ending the season and their pass rush is dominant)

@ Vikings - 13-3 - L (I don't see a win even if it were in Buffalo)

@ Packers - 7-9 - L (Aaron Rodgers is back, and it's in Lambeau)

vs. Titans - 9-7 - ? (solid defense, solid team, I think it's a tossup, but I'll give us the edge if I had to pick because we are at Home)

@ Texans 4-12 - ? (Watson is back, but their team is a complete question mark overall)

@ Colts 4-12 - ? (depends on Luck imo)

vs. Patriots - 13-3 - L (not likely to win this)

vs. Bears 5-11 - ? (they drafted well and added some weapons, different team than last year)

@ Jets 5-11 - L (We struggle in NY)

vs. Jaguars - 10-6 - ? (I'm not sure about this one either)

@ Dolphins - 6-10 - W (I think we beat them twice again)

vs. Jets - 5-11 - W (I can't see us getting swept by the Jets)

vs. Lions - 9-7 - W (Snow game vs. dome team 2.0)

@ Patriots - 13-3 - L (not happening)

vs. Dolphins - 6-10 - W (Closing out the season with a win vs. the Dolphins....  again!)

"8 teams we face had a losing record in 2017" While this is true the Bears upgraded significantly, Luck looks to be healthy for the Colts, the Packers have Rodgers back, Texans have Watson back, and the Jets/Dolphins I think we split with.

I see:

Wins I would bet on:

(4)

Jets (home)

Dolphins (home)

Lions (home)

Dolphins (away)

Losses I would bet on:

(6)

Patriots (home)

Patriots (away)

Jets (away)

Packers (away)

Vikings (away)

Chargers (home)

Games that are a tossup to me, I will put W or L for who I think the favorite is, but these are a close call to me:

Jaguars (home) L just don't think we can score on that defense

Bears (home) W even though they improved, giving it to the Home team

Colts (away) L if Luck is healthy, which I think he is

Texans (away) W even with Watson, but it's close

Titans (home) L they were a solid team last year, and I think they are a tough play even at home

Ravens (away) L only because it is in Baltimore, but it's a coinflip to me

That means I basically think we are 4-6 with 6 "coinflip 50/50" type games, which I think we go 2-4 in and finish the season 6-10.

I am not unhappy with 6-10 and this is solely based on the fact that I think we have McCarron at QB and Allen not ready to play.

If Allen lights it up, then all bets are off IMO.

Depends on the OL .  Not convinced Culley  is a QB coach. If he sees progress with Allen being mentored by Jordan Palmer let it continue . 

I would rather not have Palmer on the Bill's staff so he can work with Allen off season . His brother Carson might also be helpful. 

18 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Unfortunately the OL coach/Run game coordinator is still here.  I think he was as responsible for it as Dennison.

The good news is Dennison is coaching for a AFCE rival.

I forgot about Castillo still being here:(

Bills over the Jets: 2-0

Bills over the Dolphins: 2-0

Bills over Da Bears: 1-0

Bills over the Colts: 1-0

Bills over the Lions:1-0

Bills will win 1 more game from the rest of the schedule: Vikings, Pack, Titans, Texans, Patriots x2, Jaguars, Ravens, Chargers.

8-8

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

Bills over the Jets: 2-0

Bills over the Dolphins: 2-0

Bills over Da Bears: 1-0

Bills over the Colts: 1-0

Bills over the Lions:1-0

Bills will win 1 more game from the rest of the schedule: Vikings, Pack, Titans, Texans, Patriots x2, Jaguars, Ravens, Chargers.

8-8

Jags and Ravens shouldn't be a problem as long as our QB / offense scores more than 10 points.  The Titans are not a powerhouse of bother either. 

just saying