Brady plans to play at least two more years

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Sadly for Josh, when Bill "shows him his world" it will look a lot like the pridelands when Simba comes back to fight scar... desolate, barren, forelorn

Then Bill will whisper "this is for trying to leave me to join the Colts of all teams!"

While Brady sings Akuna matata

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23573423/tom-brady-not-participating-otas-new-england-patriots

grumble grumble not going to talk about who isn’t at OTA’s. 

As the Patriots worked out behind Gillette Stadium, Brady was doing an individual workout nearby at the TB12 Sports Therapy Center, according to the Boston Herald.

?

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23573423/tom-brady-not-participating-otas-new-england-patriots

grumble grumble not going to talk about who isn’t at OTA’s. 

As the Patriots worked out behind Gillette Stadium, Brady was doing an individual workout nearby at the TB12 Sports Therapy Center, according to the Boston Herald.

?

getting his acupuncture?

argh__dang_it__by_roseofthenight4444-d9y

On 5/1/2018 at 7:42 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23369972/tom-brady-new-england-patriots-says-plans-play-season

'I want to inspire people'   :sick:  

Inspire them to join AARP instead Tom.  

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady confirmed his plans to play in 2018 and repeated his goal to extend his career into his mid-40s during an appearance Monday at the Milken Institute Global Conference in California, while detailing why he's taking a different approach this offseason, staying away from the team's voluntary offseason program.

"Part of this offseason for me is certainly about still preparing for what's ahead in my next journey, my next mountain to climb with this group of teammates, but it's also [acknowledging] that a lot of people are getting the short end of the stick in my life -- certainly my wife and my kids," Brady said in an hour long conversation with moderator Jim Gray

very short stick ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

Does he say he wants to play for two more years so that people won’t consider him as having one foot out the door already?

Does he want to avoid the whole “final season” hoopla?

I think he would love the attention he would get when every game is the last game that he’ll play in a given stadium or against a given team, etc.

...wonder what the sentiment would be if the OBD braintrusts had the foresight (COUGH) to pick Brady in the 6th and his track record of success was while wearing Buffalo Blue?....bet the laughable jealousy and hatred disappears in a nanosecond....same goes for the shallow "cheaters" crap....the guy is good period.....

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...wonder what the sentiment would be if the OBD braintrusts had the foresight (COUGH) to pick Brady in the 6th and his track record of success was while wearing Buffalo Blue?....bet the laughable jealousy and hatred disappears in a nanosecond....same goes for the shallow "cheaters" crap....the guy is good period.....

He is good.  I'm not denying that.  My issue with him stems from his crying.  The amount of whining and petitioning for penalties is ridiculous, as is how often the league caves in to it.  I remember one time during the drought, it was a typical Buf/NE game...still first half, Patriots were up by at least two scores and near the Red Zone.  Brady fades back and gets smeared just as he releases.  Clean hit.  Was still a completion inside the twenty.  What does Brady do?  Immediately jump to his feet and run to a ref waving his arms and looking for a penalty.  It was a clean hit, he completed the pass, his team was already killing ours...and that's not good enough.  He has to look for the "Personal Foul - Having the Audacity to Touch Tom Brady, 15 Yards..." penalty.  That is why I have no respect for the man, and that has nothing to do with what uniform he wears.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, B-Large said:

I know is sounds kind of Gee Aye Why, but I’ll miss having Brady in the league when he’s gone... it’s funnto hate him/ Patriots.

lol

tooo soon.

To me its really good news,  his play will decline and he will continue to hold the team hostage. The same thing that has helped keep the Patriots great (moving on from players before their decline). Is the thing that is setting their franchise back. They should have never let Jimmy G go, they should have moved on from Tom at the end of this season. They would have been set up for another 10 years at the QB position and Belichick might have stuck around for several of those years. They had the next Montana/Young, Farve/Rodgers situation and they took a pass to not hurt Toms Feelings.

They had the draft capital to move up this year and they did nothing except try to build a team around him. 

The Patriots owe Tom nothing.

1 hour ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

To me its really good news,  his play will decline and he will continue to hold the team hostage. The same thing that has helped keep the Patriots great (moving on from players before their decline). Is the thing that is setting their franchise back. They should have never let Jimmy G go, they should have moved on from Tom at the end of this season. They would have been set up for another 10 years at the QB position and Belichick might have stuck around for several of those years. They had the next Montana/Young, Farve/Rodgers situation and they took a pass to not hurt Toms Feelings.

They had the draft capital to move up this year and they did nothing except try to build a team around him. 

That would be a genius move. Pay jimmy g 24 million while taking a 28 million dead cap hit by releasing Brady. 

2 hours ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

This is how I feel too.

I was despondent when I saw Garoppolo tear teams to shreds when Brady was suspended.  

Now, their dynasty is on borrowed time.

• Like (+1) 1