Annoyed at the negativity

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

yea thanks for this reply.. I was kind of lazy and didn't want to get into detailed of how wrong or right his post was but yea great reply

No problem.

Also didn't include the later round guys we drafted, just went with the big names.

12 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I am annoyed with the all Kool-Aid drinkers who feel the Bills FO never fails, even though they had a 17 year playoff drought... The Bills FO has failed at the draft a hell of a lot more than they have been successful the last 20+ years.  Trading up for Zay Jones the latest failure, and odds are this trade up for Allen will be a failure as well.

That's the spirit!

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

My opinion on Allen is well known. It is based on film study of him in college and I stand by it.  If people think that makes me negative that is up to them but I don't change my opinion on people just because they become Bills. 

However, I am done giving my opinion on Josh Allen now. The only person who can change my opinion is Josh Allen and so now I will keep quiet and give him the opportunity to do so with his play. I'm equally fully expecting that even if he does succeed we will need to be patient on his development.

Very well said Gunner. Again.. I liked Rosen also.. but the time for complaining about it and making bold comparisons is gone and the time to hope for the future is here!

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I am not going to sit here and judge "doubters" or even "haters" On how much or how little they have spent watching Allen for example. I just hate the whole crystal ball thing ya know?

It infuriates me. At times I feel like I'm arguing with people that never even watched these guys play. I'm not even talking about actively scouting players but just 15-20 minutes of highlight reels and game tape, I feel like a big chunk of debbie downers haven't even done that.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoTier said:

If you want to be Susie Cheerleader for a team that has given its fans 17 straight years of missing the playoffs and only 3 winning seasons in the last 18 years, be my guest.  Don't try to tell me or other fans that we shouldn't criticize the organization.  The Bills have forfeited their claim to blind fan loyalty with their continual failure to win football games over nearly 2 decades.

Since you are such an Allen loyalist, you best not criticize him until the Bills send him packing.  That's when we'll "no" he is bad, right? ... I mean, since we as fans, aren't allowed to express our opinions.

AGAIN! if your read any of my posts in past or replies you would obviously see I am not Loyal to Allen.. I am Loyal to the Bills. And Until Allen pas out to be good bad or indifferent I am font going to spend every breath of my day slamming there decision.. They no more about football then most of people that come on these boards combined and I have to trust that process.

I also find it laughable that you NO HE IS bad lol...

On thing I wont do witch you seem to do very well is live in the past..

This GM and coach took a team after 17 years of failure and got us into the playoffs and change the spirit of the team. seeing that you have 0 spirit please do talk on..

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

It infuriates me. At times I feel like I'm arguing with people that never even watched these guys play. I'm not even talking about actively scouting players but just 15-20 minutes of highlight reels and game tape, I feel like a big chunk of debbie downers haven't even done that.

I can agree with you on that much :D

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Very well said Gunner. Again.. I liked Rosen also.. but the time for complaining about it and making bold comparisons is gone and the time to hope for the future is here!

I'm the same way, was pretty vocal in support of picking rosen. But you know what? They didn't. And they've earned enough credit from me for axing Whaley's dead weight that I'm willing to go with the guy they chose, and support him.

I too initially wanted someone other than Allen. The other prospects are much more polished and came from established football factories. There is a lot riding on this pick. It will define the Beane/McDermott era. After suffering through the decade of fail, EJ and the drought I don't blame fans for wanting the perceived security of what Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold represent. I was not happy when I read the pick. 

I have sinced listened to Beane's post draft interview and gone back through clips of Allen. There are things that Allen can do that none of the other three would even attempt. There is ability and athleticism that Allen has that the other three can never approach. Mayfield's inner drive imperssed me the most but Allen too has had adversity to overcome and looks every part the character guy. He is a cold weather QB whose arm strength dwarfs the other prospects. This will matter in late season home games. He is also the most effective runner of the three. 

All the draftnicks concede that you can't draft solely on production, you have to have an eye to the prospects potential. Allen has the greatest potential any QB in this class with the possible exception of Lamar Jackson. These are young men who have not fully physically matured.

Beane's interview convinced me that the Bills stuck to their plan and their spending limit in picks to trade up for Allen. I came away feeling like they made the best decision for the franchise and their own careers. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

I'm the same way, was pretty vocal in support of picking rosen. But you know what? They didn't. And they've earned enough credit from me for axing Whaley's dead weight that I'm willing to go with the guy they chose, and support him.

That's all we can do.. Express our dislike and move on right? What is the point of living in the past or slamming the decision day in and out.. no point.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

That's all we can do.. Express our dislike and move on right? What is the point of living in the past or slamming the decision day in and out.. no point.

Exactly.

I'm gonna give this kid a minimum of three years to prove it. Chances are this season will be rough. But who knows, really? Even if you're a film geek like @GunnerBill, you won't know how the guy's gonna react to NFL bullets.

If you're annoyed by negativity you've come to the wrong place, but there are a lot of good posters who pose reasonable, critical questions without blindly bashing.  If you stick around you'll learn to recognize them and avoid the Debbie Downers.

#metoo

Give the team a chance.  Sure,  Allen could stink and in three years all the negative-Nancys can hurt themselves screaming "I told you so!" but for goodness sake, let the guy throw a pass before running around with your hair on fire.

This main board has reminded me of the old BBMB since draft day.  And that is not a good thing. At all.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Rosen is going to be terrible. Gimme another used tire to toss on this dumpster fire of a conversation.

Can I have your crystal ball please? Thanks for proving my topic right!

2 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I too initially wanted someone other than Allen. The other prospects are much more polished and came from established football factories. There is a lot riding on this pick. It will define the Beane/McDermott era. After suffering through the decade of fail, EJ and the drought I don't blame fans for wanting the perceived security of what Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold represent. I was not happy when I read the pick. 

I have sinced listened to Beane's post draft interview and gone back through clips of Allen. There are things that Allen can do that none of the other three would even attempt. There is ability and athleticism that Allen has that the other three can never approach. Mayfield's inner drive imperssed me the most but Allen too has had adversity to overcome and looks every part the character guy. He is a cold weather QB whose arm strength dwarfs the other prospects. This will matter in late season home games. He is also the most effective runner of the three. 

All the draftnicks concede that you can't draft solely on production, you have to have an eye to the prospects potential. Allen has the greatest potential any QB in this class with the possible exception of Lamar Jackson. These are young men who have not fully physically matured.

Beane's interview convinced me that the Bills stuck to their plan and their spending limit in picks to trade up for Allen. I came away feeling like they made the best decision for the franchise and their own careers. 

Well Said!

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Should we get an analytics person to look at this thread to see who's correct?

LOL would you please?

1 minute ago, eball said:

If you're annoyed by negativity you've come to the wrong place, but there are a lot of good posters who pose reasonable, critical questions without blindly bashing.  If you stick around you'll learn to recognize them and avoid the Debbie Downers.

Thanks for your reply! and I do see the good posters. I guess this will just be a tough offseason on these boards lol

For me, people get way too serious about this stuff, and forget what fan is short for (Fanatical). I was a pre-draft supporter of Rosen, since then I have made efforts to see the positives in Josh Allen. I will support the team 100% because I am fanatical Bills supporter. Do I get pissed from time to time- you bet. But, it's like someone criticizing a family member, I can do it....but watch what you say about my family.

To the people who keep using the drought as justification to be upset, move on, it was in the past. New owner, GM, coach, staff, players and they made the PLAYOFFS last year.

Also, folks who say I didn't like the pick, cool! that's your opinion. But, it is not cool too state with unequivocal certainty that Josh Allen will suck. Be a fan, if you really are one, some aren't actually fans I know, or move on and troll somewhere else. Being a troll is not good for your emotional state. Thanks!

Edited by horned dogs
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

What happened to opinions?

How come we were allowed to dislike a player before the draft, but now we're not allowed to dislike the same player now?

Nothing changed. Get over it. Stop being so sensitive.

Obviously you either didn't read my whole post or you just don't get it! I posted my dislike of the decision but we as fans have to move on to that till Allen proves one way or another that he is good.. or he sucks. I am sensitive to the

Crystal ball users

People that talk about Allen on facts and have the facts all wrong

People living in the past.

Flamers

Trolls

I am not sensitive over an opinion but it gets annoying when you see post after post from same people of what I have said already

In my completely "not backed by science" opinion, I think the effect you see is from pundit overload.  It's just like watching too much cable news with all the talking heads.  There's so much yelling, so much contrasting opinion, it makes people irritable and makes essentially what is a a human resources decision by a billion dollar company feel so personal.  We are getting beaten to death with talking head opinion on television, radio and the web, especially around the draft.  THREE networks televised the NFL human resources fair.  

Sports talk radio and reporters are primarily in business of instigating conflict, not reporting news.