Annoyed at the negativity

Oh well if you don't like it you know where the door is.

I'm annoyed at the blind faith homers, but I'm to going to start a thread about it, because these type a thread are really really really stupid.

TO each their own, the best way to handle this is to  put the ones who annoy you on ignore. NOT start a thread whining about whiners

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

Oh well if you don't like it you know where the door is.

I'm annoyed at the blind faith homers, but I'm to going to start a thread about it, because these type a thread are really really really stupid.

TO each their own, the best way to handle this is to  put the ones who annoy you on ignore. NOT start a thread whining about whiners

ever better is to complain about someone complaining. If you don't like my threads then don't reply..

then as you said kindly ignore me if you hate this type of thread so bad. Preach to yourself what you try and teach others

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Obviously you either didn't read my whole post or you just don't get it! I posted my dislike of the decision but we as fans have to move on to that till Allen proves one way or another that he is good.. or he sucks. I am sensitive to the

Crystal ball users

People that talk about Allen on facts and have the facts all wrong

People living in the past.

Flamers

Trolls

I am not sensitive over an opinion but it gets annoying when you see post after post from same people of what I have said already

Those people have always been here for every player.

Again: nothing's changed.

The draft happened and some people don't like the players. :o

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

ever better is to complain about someone complaining. If you don't like my threads then don't reply..

then as you said kindly ignore me if you hate this type of thread so bad. Preach to yourself what you try and teach others

I said my peace about it and I expect these ridiculous thread starters on both sides of this fence to cease the stupidity

Trust me I have a bunch on ignore and i will add if this continues.

But to come into this forum and read this B word fest back and forth is going to destroy this forum and make it unbearable for everyone..

If that's what you want then by all means continue the stupidity

Heck you can already see a big down tick in participation overall

Edited by ddaryl

28 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I am annoyed with the all Kool-Aid drinkers who feel the Bills FO never fails, even though they had a 17 year playoff drought... The Bills FO has failed at the draft a hell of a lot more than they have been successful the last 20+ years.  Trading up for Zay Jones the latest failure, and odds are this trade up for Allen will be a failure as well.

Well, I am annoyed with this Kool Aid reference and feel anyone using such juvenile terms should be banned.  But that's my opinion.

We all have different opinions, and that is fine.  It is what stimulates debate, which is one of the reasons you have a message board in the first place.  But opinions way too often get confused with fact by far too many here.  Like saying that a WR after one year is a failure.  That is just simply unsubstantiated nonsense, presented as some carved in stone fact.

My feeling on this draft is that I would have preferred Rosen.  I think he is more prepared to come in and start, and has a higher ceiling.  But did I yell and scream and go on and on like some folks?  No.  Because I understand that I do not have anywhere near the data the team does on which to base decisions.  Does that mean they'll be right every time?  No.  Does that mean they should be immune to criticism when they are wrong?  Heck no.  But what it does mean is that it's just silly to criticize someone for a decision, when you have no clue whatsoever if the decision truly is a good or bad one.  And for any of the guys drafted this year (or last year really), you won't know for a while.

Before the draft I posted a thread entitled You Don't Know Squat.  Got a lot of blowback on that.  It truly is either alarming, funny, disturbing (pick your adjective) how many folks around here honestly believe they are better equipped to make decisions on college players than an organization that devotes its professional life to doing so.  Since then, I have found there are a handful of posters who have experience in the game, and post cogent, well thought out analyses, and those are valuable.  Unfortunately, the vast majority are just blowing hot air.  Which, again, is fine as along as you realize it's just people sharing opinions.  It's when people either try to make factual claims that are not factual, or invade every single thread or make thread after thread after thread just saying the same thing in some desperate need to get attention that it gets ridiculous.

I close with this.  I love the Tom Clancy books, and one of President Ryan's favorite sayings is:  Don't know means don't know.  We don't know.  It's fun to share opinions (like I think this kid from Stanford is going to be a stud for years, and I think Allen will become a marginal starter with time).  But in the end we don't know.  Part of the fun of football is watching and finding out.  We're all Bills fans (at least, I assume we are if you spend time on a Bills message board).  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Those people have always been here for every player.

Again: nothing's changed.

The draft happened and some people don't like the players. :o

oh you read my thread now. lol.  people are taking the "don't like other players" to a whole new level

Many fans were strongly against drafting Josh Allen in the weeks and months leading up to the draft.  Personally, I was hoping the Jets would take him.  To expect everyone to immediately turn around and say it was a great pick just because the Bills chose him doesn't seem very reasonable.  If you're strong in your convictions, you don't care what others think.  If you're not, maybe you start threads to criticize others for not feeling the same way that you do.  Give it some time.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Well, I am annoyed with this Kool Aid reference and feel anyone using such juvenile terms should be banned.  But that's my opinion.

We all have different opinions, and that is fine.  It is what stimulates debate, which is one of the reasons you have a message board in the first place.  But opinions way too often get confused with fact by far too many here.  Like saying that a WR after one year is a failure.  That is just simply unsubstantiated nonsense, presented as some carved in stone fact.

My feeling on this draft is that I would have preferred Rosen.  I think he is more prepared to come in and start, and has a higher ceiling.  But did I yell and scream and go on and on like some folks?  No.  Because I understand that I do not have anywhere near the data the team does on which to base decisions.  Does that mean they'll be right every time?  No.  Does that mean they should be immune to criticism when they are wrong?  Heck no.  But what it does mean is that it's just silly to criticize someone for a decision, when you have no clue whatsoever if the decision truly is a good or bad one.  And for any of the guys drafted this year (or last year really), you won't know for a while.

Before the draft I posted a thread entitled You Don't Know Squat.  Got a lot of blowback on that.  It truly is either alarming, funny, disturbing (pick your adjective) how many folks around here honestly believe they are better equipped to make decisions on college players than an organization that devotes its professional life to doing so.  Since then, I have found there are a handful of posters who have experience in the game, and post cogent, well thought out analyses, and those are valuable.  Unfortunately, the vast majority are just blowing hot air.  Which, again, is fine as along as you realize it's just people sharing opinions.  It's when people either try to make factual claims that are not factual, or invade every single thread or make thread after thread after thread just saying the same thing in some desperate need to get attention that it gets ridiculous.

I close with this.  I love the Tom Clancy books, and one of President Ryan's favorite sayings is:  Don't know means don't know.  We don't know.  It's fun to share opinions (like I think this kid from Stanford is going to be a stud for years, and I think Allen will become a marginal starter with time).  But in the end we don't know.  Part of the fun of football is watching and finding out.  We're all Bills fans (at least, I assume we are if you spend time on a Bills message board).  Go Bills!

WOO thanks for the reply! nice! GO BILLS!

29 minutes ago, stuvian said:

I too initially wanted someone other than Allen. The other prospects are much more polished and came from established football factories. There is a lot riding on this pick. It will define the Beane/McDermott era. After suffering through the decade of fail, EJ and the drought I don't blame fans for wanting the perceived security of what Mayfield, Rosen and Darnold represent. I was not happy when I read the pick. 

I have sinced listened to Beane's post draft interview and gone back through clips of Allen. There are things that Allen can do that none of the other three would even attempt. There is ability and athleticism that Allen has that the other three can never approach. Mayfield's inner drive imperssed me the most but Allen too has had adversity to overcome and looks every part the character guy. He is a cold weather QB whose arm strength dwarfs the other prospects. This will matter in late season home games. He is also the most effective runner of the three. 

All the draftnicks concede that you can't draft solely on production, you have to have an eye to the prospects potential. Allen has the greatest potential any QB in this class with the possible exception of Lamar Jackson. These are young men who have not fully physically matured.

Beane's interview convinced me that the Bills stuck to their plan and their spending limit in picks to trade up for Allen. I came away feeling like they made the best decision for the franchise and their own careers. 

Per Schefter (who tends to be pretty reliable in matters not concerning Doug Whaley), the Bills had a deal in place with the Broncos to give up both firsts and a second, which probably would've kept us from getting Edmunds.  So, things could've been worse.

Edit:  Doug Marrone, not Doug Whaley

Edited by Buffalo86
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo86 said:

Per Schefter (who tends to be pretty reliable in matters not concerning Doug Whaley), the Bills had a deal in place with the Broncos to give up both firsts and a second, which probably would've kept us from getting Edmunds.  So, things could've been worse.

agree

41 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I am annoyed with the all Kool-Aid drinkers who feel the Bills FO never fails, even though they had a 17 year playoff drought... The Bills FO has failed at the draft a hell of a lot more than they have been successful the last 20+ years.  Trading up for Zay Jones the latest failure, and odds are this trade up for Allen will be a failure as well.

I would like to know who on these boards gave you rep points.

As for your garbage comment and you make them whenever you post so I do not understand why you have even one rep point, Year 1 playoffs, year 2 did not even happen yet. What I hate is negative nanceys. If we had a reason to be negative fine but this is year two, chill out and go away with your first year as a poster here. Your either a banned poster or a troll from some oyher team, more then likely a Patty. #Worthless

• Like (+1) 1

I wanted Rosen as well, but was fine with Allen. Once I got over myself, I am able to see the appeal of Allen. I said I would be happy with any of Allen, Darnold, Rosen, and here we are. I don't delude myself into thinking I know so much more than the scouts and people in the NFL. I still think it's funny that people STILL think we should have drafted Mason Rudolph at 12 when he went in the seventies. That is people being babies because they didn't get their guy. It's irrational. All the talking heads who like our draft, like Kiper, Prisco and Matt Miller love Josh Allen...the people who hate our draft like the Sporting News think Allen is going to be a bust. It is a horrible and biased way to grade either way. Pretty much teh same thing is going on here. I'm sorry guys, but I don't give a crap that we weren't able to draft Deon Cain. I care that we got two top 15 players at teh two biggest positions of need. Is it boom or bust? Sure...but you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. We did not trade future picks and did not mortgage teh future to do what we did. 

What I do love about it is that they got their guy. Someone mentioned it in another thread, but the minute the Bills traded up it seems like Allen knew it was him. I believe that he was the #1 quarterback on their board and that they would have taken him at 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7....I believe that is why we heard so much chatter about them trading up to 1 and 2 early on. I really feel that they were trying to get up for Allen. Those rumors died down because they started to realize that A: Cleveland and NY were staying put, and B: they were going to be able to Allen later in the draft. I think it is great. 

I think the Bills had a really good draft. People who hate it, hate it because they don't like Allen, or they are mad because they didn't get their guy. It's fine if you don't like the player, but no one can argue with the process. There was a slight overpay to get up for Allen, but that's the cost of getting a quarterback. 

I've said it before...coming into the draft it was said that there was about 15-20 excellent players in this draft. We got two of them. What's not to like? We got a steal in the third and drafted some interesting secondary guys and a possible starter on the line who may also be a steal. 

Trust the process, drink the kool aid, whatever. Jump in Bills fans...this is what we call HOPE. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Good post!

I would add that the hyperbole on the forum is over the top. If all you can do is start a thread by saying trading for and drafting Josh Allen is a DISASTER at we've seen. You need to gain some perspective on what a real disaster is........something like a semi running a stop sign and causing an accident with a bus carrying a hockey team.

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

As for your garbage comment and you make them whenever you post so I do not understand why you have even one rep point, Year 1 playoffs, year 2 did not even happen yet. What I hate is negative nanceys. If we had a reason to be negative fine but this is year two, chill out and go away with your first year as a poster here. Your either a banned poster or a troll from some oyher team, more then likely a Patty. #Worthless

well said

2 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Just hope the J.A. pick doesn't end up standing for Jack Ass pick.

just lol....

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Good post!

I would add that the hyperbole on the forum is over the top. If all you can do is start a thread by saying trading for and drafting Josh Allen is a DISASTER at we've seen. You need to gain some perspective on what a real disaster is........something like a semi running a stop sign and causing an accident with a bus carrying a hockey team.

IDK  I think the word Disaster is overused but it is what it is right? lol

1 minute ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I made a post about this and it got merged into the Allen draft pick thread.  Some folks love the misery and the wait for the day they can say I told you so.  What a life that must be.

IMG_1020.JPG

LOVE the reply TY!

11 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

Many fans were strongly against drafting Josh Allen in the weeks and months leading up to the draft.  Personally, I was hoping the Jets would take him.  To expect everyone to immediately turn around and say it was a great pick just because the Bills chose him doesn't seem very reasonable.  If you're strong in your convictions, you don't care what others think.  If you're not, maybe you start threads to criticize others for not feeling the same way that you do.  Give it some time.

Yes the world has this problem for sure. People who don't care what others think or respect others opinions. And, then they mask it with hyperbole.

8 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

rosen fanboy troll. tenure should be short but my guess is it is a present member with his fanboy alias trolling the board.

good to see you have some optimism...thumbs_up.gif

• Thank you (+1) 1