Annoyed at the negativity

Even if someone can't get over the selection of Allen, we still got a guy in Edmunds who could very well prove to be well worth a 1st this year and the rookie salary structure has allowed teams who draft a bust QB to take another one much quicker than in years past.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Even if someone can't get over the selection of Allen, we still got a guy in Edmunds who could very well prove to be well worth a 1st this year and the rookie salary structure has allowed teams who draft a bust QB to take another one much quicker than in years past.

Haters will be Haters till a guy does well then they will root for him like it was the best draft in the world.

nature of the beast on these boards.

thanks for your reply bro.

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

another guy just living in the past. Look I get it.. your not happy.. 50% of the people here happy and rest are not..  But I think there is a lot your missing out and if you actually looked at his scouting profiles on the tube witch I doubt you did but if you did your just reading negatives.. whats the point?

I don't think that is fair Prime.  Hucklebuck is talking about what Beane has discussed and he has talked relentlessly about size, arm strength and suitability in 'Buffalo conditions'.  He is not leaving anything out all he is saying is that Beane's interviews have focused on those elements and that is 100% true - they have. To the extent that the accuracy question has come up all I have heard Beane say is they watched him against higher level competition at the Senior Bowl and he was accurate with the football during that game. You know who else had a really good Senior Bowl performance....... EJ Manuel.  Again, I am not comparing Josh to EJ but to me the extent that Beane has continued to bang on about size, strength and conditions does remind one of how Whaley talked about Manuel.  

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't think that is fair Prime.  Hucklebuck is talking about what Beane has discussed and he has talked relentlessly about size, arm strength and suitability in 'Buffalo conditions'.  He is not leaving anything out all he is saying is that Beane's interviews have focused on those elements and that is 100% true - they have. To the extent that the accuracy question has come up all I have heard Beane say is they watched him against higher level competition at the Senior Bowl and he was accurate with the football during that game. You know who else had a really good Senior Bowl performance....... EJ Manuel.  Again, I am not comparing Josh to EJ but to me the extent that Beane has continued to bang on about size, strength and conditions does remind one of how Whaley talked about Manuel.  

he has his opinion I have mine you have yours.

Here is the thing.. We have new Coach New GM and what your doing is comparing what they say to what Whaley said and expecting the same result because of it? That seems fair? This seems right to you? So your taking information in the past and comparing it with information given now and saying.. hmm.. its same info, they MUST be same type of player..

sorry that doesn't ride well with me.

Edited by PrimeTime101

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

he has his opinion I have mine you have yours.

Here is the thing.. We have new Coach New GM and what your doing is comparing what they say to what Whaley said and expecting the same result because of it? That seems fair? This seems right to you?

Where does anyone say they expect the same thing?  All Hucklebuck said is that the way Beane has described Allen reminds him of the way Whaley talked about EJ Manuel.  It is you who is then making the leap that anyone is therefore expecting the same results.  I think this is a classic case of you looking for devils in every statement.  Brandon Beane has talked relentlessly about size, arm strength and Buffalo conditions - that is simply a fact. Hucklebuck simply pointed that out.  

Edited by GunnerBill

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Where does anyone say they expect the same thing?  All Hucklebuck said is that the way Beane has described Allen reminds him of the way Whaley talked about EJ Manuel.  It is you who is then making the leap that anyone is therefore expecting the same results.  I think this is a classic case of you looking for devils in every statement.  Brandon Bean has talked relentlessly about size, arm strength and Buffalo conditions - that is simply a fact. Hucklebuck simply pointed that out.  

Go through the boards.. do you no how many posts people have compared the 2? not because of what the GM's have said but flat out comparing them? its pretty easy to come to that conclusion that that's what he is getting to.  Go to the Josh Allen thread and read down each page how many different people have compared him to JP or EJ? lots.  Its not a leap when you have seen it many times on these boards Gunner. Why does it matter what the GM says about the QB? its what the QB does when he its the fields that matters. I can care less what our GM says about the guy cause its just a GM flapping his lungs making a QB pick look good. nothing more nothing less.

Edited by PrimeTime101

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Go through the boards.. do you no how many posts people have compared the 2? not because of what the GM's have said but flat out comparing them? its pretty easy to come to that conclusion that that's what he is getting to.  Go to the Josh Allen thread and read down each page how many different people have compared him to JP or EJ? lots.  Its not a leap when you have seen it many times on these boards Gunner.

I take each statement in its isolation. If others are comparing them then let them.  Hucklebuck simply said that the way Beane has talked reminded him of the way Whaley talked.  I don't think that deserved the response you gave it. I've commented myself on the nervousness I have hearing the Bills relentlessly talk about size and arm.  They have spoken that way. Ultimately what Brandon Beane says has zero impact on Allen's chances of success but it is still a fair assessment of the way Beane has spoken.  

Edited by GunnerBill

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I take each statement in its isolation. If others are comparing them then let them.  Hucklebuck simply said that the way Beane has talked reminded him of the way Whaley talked.  I don't think that deserved the response you gave it. I've commented myself on the nervousness I have hearing the Bills relentlessly talk about size and arm.  They have spoken that way. Ultimately what Brandon Beane says has zero impact on Allen's chances of success but it is still a fair assessment of the way Beane has spoken.  

now this is a fair statement and I do get where your coming from and thus shows how the negativity has gotten to me so much ya know? I guess I should take a week off from the boards haha

On 4/30/2018 at 4:43 AM, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I am annoyed with the all Kool-Aid drinkers who feel the Bills FO never fails, even though they had a 17 year playoff drought... The Bills FO has failed at the draft a hell of a lot more than they have been successful the last 20+ years.  Trading up for Zay Jones the latest failure, and odds are this trade up for Allen will be a failure as well.

I dont think it is drinking the Kool-Aid. A lot of drat guys were high on Allen, some on Rosen. I wonder how many of those guys actually sat down and talked to both of them. Probably not many since the NFL scouts and GMs were doing that. I dount most draft guys talked to former teammates and coaches either. I thought the Bills would have picked Rosen as well. That being said, I am willing to give Allen a couple seasons to see what McBeane sees in him. I dont think anyone on here had the info that McBeane did in making the choice, most people on here are just going off of scouting reports and watching a couple games. 

• Like (+1) 1

On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:31 AM, xRUSHx said:

I would like to know who on these boards gave you rep points.

As for your garbage comment and you make them whenever you post so I do not understand why you have even one rep point, Year 1 playoffs, year 2 did not even happen yet. What I hate is negative nanceys. If we had a reason to be negative fine but this is year two, chill out and go away with your first year as a poster here. Your either a banned poster or a troll from some oyher team, more then likely a Patty. #Worthless

Aren't you the guy that trashed TT in nearly every single post last year? Seems kinda ironic if so.

Edited by Tenhigh

17 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

Here's what I envision.  Every time Allen has a bad game, we are going to be reminded that "we should have taken Rosen".  It is going to go on for years, and it is going to get old.  Here's hoping he can help us climb the big mountain and win a Super Bowl because honestly that's the only way I see the grumbling coming to an end.   Sad.  

Well, you might be right, but I actually think the standards for QB play are quite a bit lower than that.

I think once Allen shows himself capable of quality NFL-level QB play - let's say he needs to lean on the speed and catch radius of his WR a bit like Cam Newton does, but he can read Ds and knows where to go with the ball, make some tight throws at need, avoids making more than 1.5 dumb mistakes per game on average, and can run a competent 2 minute drill to take us down the field in the 4Q - I think folks will warm up to him right quickly.

Because really, that's what's driving the grumbling - not the fear that Allen won't become Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers or pre-injury Andrew Luck, but the similarity between what is being praised (or questioned) in Allen and what was praised (or absent) in our two most recent 1st round QB picks. 

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...perhaps we missed the mark in 2011 by selecting Dareus when Gabbert, Ponder & Locker were on the board....maybe we wouldn't have such a QB controversy today....

You're a Bad Man, sir.

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, you might be right, but I actually think the standards for QB play are quite a bit lower than that.

I think once Allen shows himself capable of quality NFL-level QB play - let's say he needs to lean on the speed and catch radius of his WR a bit like Cam Newton does, but he can read Ds and knows where to go with the ball, make some tight throws at need, avoids making more than 1.5 dumb mistakes per game on average, and can run a competent 2 minute drill to take us down the field in the 4Q - I think folks will warm up to him right quickly.

Because really, that's what's driving the grumbling - not the fear that Allen won't become Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers or pre-injury Andrew Luck, but the similarity between what is being praised (or questioned) in Allen and what was praised (or absent) in our two most recent 1st round QB picks. 

You're a Bad Man, sir.

..just a tad of sarcasm to lighten up the 24/7/365 sky is falling doldrums.......gets pretty moldy to open several threads and doom 'n gloom the same....

the thing that bugs me is smug ignoramuses like Schopp and White whose argument is pretty much as follows:

1) The Bills made the WRONG MOVE by drafting Allen.

2) You CANNOT disagree because all the DATA show clearly that it was a bad move.

3) Therefore, Beane was wrong.

4) If Allen is good people will be happy, but it was still the WRONG MOVE anyway, and they just got lucky.

I mean, really. LOL

or MAYBE Beane knows what he is doing and watched the tape and scouted the kid more than radio hosts and fans did, and therefore had more comprehensive DATA at his disposal that none of us (even the great Jeremy White) had.

Schopp likes to play the "lots of smart football people" card a lot when it comes to Allen, even as he mocks most of them and says that the draft is mostly luck anyway.

These guys just want to bash the Bills, so they have it set up that either way they are wrong. Allen is great? Thank your lucky stars that you got lucky then, because it was still a bad decision!

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Aren't you the guy that trashed TT in nearly every single post last year? Seems kinda ironic if so.

I wanted Tyrod gone just like many and now he is gone. The Tyrod era is over man time to burn that jersey you treasure so much just like those horrible Tyrod threads everyday. With Tyrod no Nancy negative just facts showing he stunk over and over again. Yes I was in a bunch of those threads but also many others not about Tyrod. It's ironic you remember me in those Tyrod threads you must have been one of those COT folks that watched him through coke bottle glasses thinking he was good enough and is here to stay. Hey,hey hey goodbye

My post directed at that poster was because his name says it all in what he is here doing. Allen hasn't even played a game in the NFL as in my wanting Tyrod gone I have seen years of his fail, two completely different types of posts. Maybe your the one with that extra troll account, are you that Rosen guy?

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/30/2018 at 4:23 AM, Niagara Dude said:

Losers of draft by NFL.COM

Buffalo Bills: The Bills traded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Bills usedsignificant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo.

For every one of these there are people who gave us one of the highest grades, even the highest grade in the draft.  So theres that too.  

None of these writeups matter even a little.  So theres that too.

I think it was more like 10% liked Allen, 60% liked Rosen, and the last 30% liked someone else.

But it doesn't matter because Beane and McDermott were the ones making the choice and they did far more homework than anyone else here (including actually meeting them and working them out).

• Like (+1) 1