Annoyed at the negativity

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So let me get this right. You took a post.. copied and pasted it of one persons opinion and put this on the boards? Am I supposed to clap my hands and say BRAVO or should I just do this

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-grades-bills-get-an-a-for-josh-allen-after-trade-with-buccaneers/

The joke of your reply is that NFL come feels one player is better then the other when neither have hit the NFL field. that's the joke.

Or should I just base this on the fact that people are all over the place on grades of the draft on bills like this post?

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/04/27/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-2018-trades-josh-allen-tremaine-edmunds-grades-round-1/557543002/

GIVE IT A REST!

I see you are new here. How about less vitriol and a tad better manners? Your dismissal of the analysis by others that Allen is flawed.as "negativity" suggests that you believe your OPINION of him is the correct one and thus any critique is therefore the wrong one. Don't you think that's a little arrogant? As to your call for us all to cease critiquing and to rally around Allen because he's "our" QB, xid you say the same about Obama? About Trump? About Cuomo?

8 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

rosen fanboy troll. tenure should be short but my guess is it is a present member with his fanboy alias trolling the board.

good to see you have some optimism...thumbs_up.gif

Thanks man. I really wanted Rosen as well just like most but the draft is over, time to put on the big boy pants and live with what is given. I am proud that they moved up and took a top QB its all I really wanted was for them to pull the trigger, was it the right one who knows but its the choice they made and I will support the choice. Go Bills

#Rosenisdeadtomenow

Edited by xRUSHx
  • Like (+1) 2

So I get it. This was a tough draft for fans. 50% like Allen and the other 50% liked Rosen and you can twist those numbers to your liking.. I don't care that's not the point.

What exactly happened to getting behind your team? Allen is a Buffalo Bill now, Like it or not.. So why not support the decision and hope for the best? What is with these

people day after day with repeat threads of HATE towards the Bills organization as a whole or the GM? What is with everyone with there crystal balls KNOWING he will be

an ALL PRO or a BUST? What is with comparing Allen with all our past failed QB's as if they were linked? As if this is the same GM "the same old Bills" making the "same

old bad mistakes"..

Come on here and complain about the pick after a year or two when we see how good or bad Allen actual is? can we actually just do that?

I have been a Bills fan since my first game I want to back in 1979 and have stayed with them good or bad. I Laughed, gotten mad and even cried over the first SB loss.

to many people on these boards have forgotten what being a sports fan really means. You back your team up good or bad, you back up the decisions GM and coaches

makes until they screw it up.

You shout! You Holler! You Swear! You Cry! You Laugh! You Clap! You complain about everything big or small but at the end you support the team!

Go out there and support our team.. Support the Allen pick at least until you 100% no he is bad.. then come on these boards and be negative.

I support the Buffalo Bills

Thank you for the read and I will accept what ever opinion you Have

because its your right. Just don't forget the execution comes after the judgement :D

Dude, nothing wrong with your post but in all honesty, I think you're getting it mixed.  In fact you seem to ack you're getting it mixed - isn't it a bit contradictory to allow "you complain about everything big and small" but then complain about people who complain instead of "back(ing) up the decisions GM and coaches make until they screw it up"?  If you complain, doesn't that mean you're not backing the guy up?  Maybe I'm the one mixed.  Anyway.

This board serves many functions and one of them is a place to vent fan frustration.  Criticism of the GM, venting negativity, expressing concerns about a drafted player's NFL success or development needs, and worrying about remaining gaps are all legit things to do here, as long as it stays more-or-less football and more-or-less civil. 

People do all those with differing degrees of eloquence and thought.  Some write a 4 para essay complete with data and quotes.  Some just say "he's gonna suck!" which is the flip side of "he's gonna be GREAT!".

People can do all of these things - can criticize and not not back up every decision, and still support the team and be fans.

What concerns me is how criticism & disagreement seem so quickly to get recast as HATE and be told there is no room.  Go buy another team's jersey.  Leave. Get out.  (I know that's not what you've said here, but you can kinda see it from there, and several others have said it explicitly). 

It's a characteristic of our time in many ways, any criticism gets termed HATING and shut off instead of heard.  Breaking my own guidelines, but specifically in politics I see it and it disturbs me the more after a family trip to Northern Ireland and seeing the remnants of what it was like there during the Troubles, all because of labeling fellow white Christians (Catholic or Protestant?) then shutting one's ears to what they said if they had the wrong label.  It's a nice place now, but LORDY what they went through.

Lastly, if everyone was positive and reasonable all the time, this board would be kind of a dull place.  Having some outrageousness to banter about does give it "pepper". :devil:

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, yungmack said:

I see you are new here. How about less vitriol and a tad better manners? Your dismissal of the analysis by others that Allen is flawed.as "negativity" suggests that you believe your OPINION of him is the correct one and thus any critique is therefore the wrong one. Don't you think that's a little arrogant? As to your call for us all to cease critiquing and to rally around Allen because he's "our" QB, xid you say the same about Obama? About Trump? About Cuomo?

I am new so you judge me? I am not the only one that thinks thay analysis is flawed. If you read any of my posts what so ever "or replies" you would see that I wanted Rosen. But to sit on these forums and gripe about it and to use this crystal ball of yours to know he will be bad or good is a joke. I to be honest think he will pan out to be a mid tier QB but nothing more.. but I am going to support the decision cause there is no point in arguing it right? The decision has been made right? its done! move on.  You can sit here and cry about it till season starts or till he starts or you can put best foot forward and say "lets see how this works out!

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I’m not going come here to say Allen is a bust, and that our future is doomed. I will say that I just don’t like hearing the word “project” and quarterback together. This is the only reason why I have reservations, and I’m not ready to rejoice. 

totally agree.

52 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The point is you don’t have to be a Kool-Aid drinker or overly negative. Just be honest.

My sentiments, exactly.  It's like anything else ... there are realists, pragmatists, optimists, pessimists and extremists.

Some people (homers) love anything the Bills do.  Always able to put a positive spin on it.

Some people are the exact opposite.  Everything the Bills do is wrong.  They always suck - even when they win.

Both of those extremist-types are the ones who cherry-pick or manipulate stats to fit their narratives.

And when someone tries to honestly assess a move, or a game or a player, they get pummeled by the extremists because - well, you know - how dare you disagree?!?!?

Personally, I like to call a spade a spade.  If I think a player sucks, I'll say it.  If I think the GM or HC made a bonehead move, I'll say it.  And if I love a player, or a move, I'll say it.  As of today, I'm a lot happier as a Bills fan because of the direction the team seems to be headed.  But I still think we have a ton of holes - which was expected.  But I'm excited about seeing new players this season and I'm even more excited about what this team will do in 2019-2020.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Dude, nothing wrong with your post but in all honesty, I think you're getting it mixed.  In fact you seem to ack you're getting it mixed - isn't it a bit contradictory to allow "you complain about everything big and small" but then complain about people who complain instead of "back(ing) up the decisions GM and coaches make until they screw it up"?  If you complain, doesn't that mean you're not backing the guy up?  Maybe I'm the one mixed.  Anyway.

This board serves many functions and one of them is a place to vent fan frustration.  Criticism of the GM, venting negativity, expressing concerns about a drafted player's NFL success or development needs, and worrying about remaining gaps are all legit things to do here, as long as it stays more-or-less football and more-or-less civil. 

People do all those with differing degrees of eloquence and thought.  Some write a 4 para essay complete with data and quotes.  Some just say "he's gonna suck!" which is the flip side of "he's gonna be GREAT!".

People can do all of these things - can criticize and not not back up every decision, and still support the team and be fans.

What concerns me is how criticism & disagreement seem so quickly to get recast as HATE and be told there is no room.  Go buy another team's jersey.  Leave. Get out.  (I know that's not what you've said here, but you can kinda see it from there, and several others have said it explicitly). 

It's a characteristic of our time in many ways, any criticism gets termed HATING and shut off instead of heard.  Breaking my own guidelines, but specifically in politics I see it and it disturbs me the more after a family trip to Northern Ireland and seeing the remnants of what it was like there during the Troubles, all because of labeling fellow white Christians (Catholic or Protestant?) then shutting one's ears to what they said if they had the wrong label.  It's a nice place now, but LORDY what they went through.

Lastly, if everyone was positive and reasonable all the time, this board would be kind of a dull place.  Having some outrageousness to banter about does give it "pepper". :devil:

I actually love your whole take on your reply and respect how you feel. I think I am more frustrated at the Crystal ball users, Living in the past then anything else. Thanks for the reply

• Like (+1) 1

I've just now posted since the draft, I wasn't exactly anti-Allen, but I sure wasn't for him either. Now where you're kinda stepping on toes here is that a lot of Bills fans have every right to criticize a move the Bills make given the last decade or so. You gotta remember, there were players in past drafts a lot of Bills fans hit on (Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, DeShaun Watson etc). Now you may have been able to shrug those picks that could have been Buffalo's off, but the same can't be said for everyone else. I get the part about being tired of the negativity. Me personally, I ignore it.

Again, I'm not crazy about the Allen pick but I will go as far as waiting to see what happens. But to me, it's not right to go after even a group of people for how they cope with years of disappointment year in and year out. If the  expressions are what you consider to be too negative, you gotta ask yourself, did they earn it? If they've been fans of this team for all those years, then yeah, I think they have earned it

Edited by buffalo2218

1 minute ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I’m not going come here to say Allen is a bust, and that our future is doomed. I will say that I just don’t like hearing the word “project” and quarterback together. This is the only reason why I have reservations, and I’m not ready to rejoice. 

I would say that every Q B picked is a project in some sense.  None of the guys picked this year, or any year really, have experienced NFL defenses, the speed that decisions have to be made, and so on.  It's the degree to which a QB is a project that may vary.  I wanted Rosen because I thought he's more ready to play, i.e. has a shorter learning curve.  And I feel he has a higher ceiling.  That does not mean I think Allen will be bad though.

Beane said it before the draft, and I think it's correct.  Every guy out there had flaws, it's which flaws you felt you could deal with.  They felt they could deal with Allen's.  So it's now on them to fix them.  We all hope they will.

• Like (+1) 1

I have a theory on the negativity that's contained within some of the posts on this board.  I may be right, I may be wrong.  My supposition is that a good many of the posters on this board are not old enough to remember the Bills of the late 1980's into the mid 1990's.  That being said, those people have cheered on a team that has been mired in mediocrity (or less) for the better part of 2 decades.  How could you be anything but negative?

Those of us in our mid 40's and older have seen how glorious winning can be.  Of course on the flip side we sat through 4 soul crushing losses.

I completely understand the negativity because it seems to some that no matter what players they draft or trade for, the Bills will find a way to do the wrong thing just to get to 8-8 or worse.  The trek to the mountaintop seems impossible.

I and other posters in my age bracket have been fortunate enough to live through and witness with our own eyes a period in time when this franchise was truly great.  At least for me that makes trusting the process and all that could potentially come with it worth waiting for.

1 minute ago, buffalo2218 said:

I've just now posted since the draft, I wasn't exactly anti-Allen, but I sure wasn't for him either. Now where you're kinda stepping on toes here is that a lot of Bills fans have every right to criticize a move the Bills make given the last decade or so. You gotta remember, there were players in past drafts a lot of Bills fans hit on (Russell Wilson, Ben Roethlisberger, DeShaun Watson etc). Now you may have been able to shrug those picks that could have been Buffalo's off, but the same can't be said for everyone else. I get the part about being tired of the negativity. Me personally, I ignore it.

Again, I'm not crazy about the Allen pick but I will go as far as waiting to see what happens. But to me, it's not right to go after even a group of people for how they cope with years of disappointment year in and year out. If expressing what you consider to be too negative, you gotta ask yourself, did they earn it? If they've been fans of this team for all those years, then yeah, I think they have earned it

I think its the level of negativity I am getting at but totally respect yours and others opinion.. again its the crystal ball users and the living in the past people that drive me nuts

I am not going to sit here and judge "doubters" or even "haters" On how much or how little they have spent watching Allen for example. I just hate the whole crystal ball thing ya know?

Well, I could have misinterpreted you, but I kind of feel that you did just that.  You seemed to be telling people who disagreed with the Allen choice that they should support the decision now because he's a Bill and "back your team up good or bad, you back up the decisions GM and coaches makes until they screw it up"

Kind of seems like judging?

Again, nothing wrong with it per se, it's allowed here just like questioning the Allen decision and other decisions of the GM and coaches is allowed.

So I get it. This was a tough draft for fans. 50% like Allen and the other 50% liked Rosen and you can twist those numbers to your liking.. I don't care that's not the point.

What exactly happened to getting behind your team? Allen is a Buffalo Bill now, Like it or not.. So why not support the decision and hope for the best? What is with these

people day after day with repeat threads of HATE towards the Bills organization as a whole or the GM? What is with everyone with there crystal balls KNOWING he will be

an ALL PRO or a BUST? What is with comparing Allen with all our past failed QB's as if they were linked? As if this is the same GM "the same old Bills" making the "same

old bad mistakes"..

Come on here and complain about the pick after a year or two when we see how good or bad Allen actual is? can we actually just do that?

I have been a Bills fan since my first game I want to back in 1979 and have stayed with them good or bad. I Laughed, gotten mad and even cried over the first SB loss.

to many people on these boards have forgotten what being a sports fan really means. You back your team up good or bad, you back up the decisions GM and coaches

makes until they screw it up.

You shout! You Holler! You Swear! You Cry! You Laugh! You Clap! You complain about everything big or small but at the end you support the team!

Go out there and support our team.. Support the Allen pick at least until you 100% no he is bad.. then come on these boards and be negative.

I support the Buffalo Bills

Thank you for the read and I will accept what ever opinion you Have

because its your right. Just don't forget the execution comes after the judgement :D

Because above all else, people here want to be right. A select few likely put being right above winning as well. We saw this recently with Tyrod. They troll here after a loss for 6 days making this site unbearable and after a win disappear; kinda backwards of how a fan of a team should act wouldn’t you agree? Same thing is going to happen with Allen. 

Welcome to the Bills Fan base where you can't & never will please them all & they all know better than the experts !! 

With that being said i didn't want Allen but i am putting my faith in the experience of McBean & company because of the fact that THEY HAVE BEEN DOING THIS PROFESSIONALLY FOR 20 + YEARS & i am just a fan !

Sure i have my opinions but this regime seems as though they have a plan in place & so far it has worked out to be a pretty good one & the GM this time around is building a team the way he sees fit & isn't just banking on the coaches sight alone like our previous GM which was his demise !! 

SO Bills fans will continue to be Bills fans & not like much of any thing that comes along but it hasn't changed in a long time so we will all just have to deal with it i guess ...

Billieve in the process - GO BILLS !!!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Epstein's Mother said:

I have a theory on the negativity that's contained within some of the posts on this board.  I may be right, I may be wrong.  My supposition is that a good many of the posters on this board are not old enough to remember the Bills of the late 1980's into the mid 1990's.  That being said, those people have cheered on a team that has been mired in mediocrity (or less) for the better part of 2 decades.  How could you be anything but negative?

Those of us in our mid 40's and older have seen how glorious winning can be.  Of course on the flip side we sat through 4 soul crushing losses.

I completely understand the negativity because it seems to some that no matter what players they draft or trade for, the Bills will find a way to do the wrong thing just to get to 8-8 or worse.  The trek to the mountaintop seems impossible.

I and other posters in my age bracket have been fortunate enough to live through and witness with our own eyes a period in time when this franchise was truly great.  At least for me that makes trusting the process and all that could potentially come with it worth waiting for.

Great post. Remember the 2 win seasons before Kelly years? Guess we just have to wait and see right?

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

I think its the level of negativity I am getting at but totally respect yours and others opinion.. again its the crystal ball users and the living in the past people that drive me nuts

I can understand that to a certain degree. It's just another way a disappointed Bills fan copes with years of frustration. Think about it, if the Bills completely do a 180 with Allen, those same people will more than likely admit to being wrong, and every bit as happy as the next Bills fan.

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, I could have misinterpreted you, but I kind of feel that you did just that.  You seemed to be telling people who disagreed with the Allen choice that they should support the decision now because he's a Bill and "back your team up good or bad, you back up the decisions GM and coaches makes until they screw it up"

Kind of seems like judging?

Again, nothing wrong with it per se, it's allowed here just like questioning the Allen decision and other decisions of the GM and coaches is allowed.

I think you have me wrong sir. I am not telling people to support him at all nor have I told others to support him.. but lets not judge him based on Bills past draft picks or based on a crystal ball that you know he will be garbage!

Edited

Is me asking Bills fans to at least support the guy until we no he is garbage? Are you going to go to the first Bills fan and BOO him when he walks out on the field? Or go to his first game he starts and BOO him when he come on field? Some how I don't think so

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Losers of draft by NFL.COM

Buffalo Bills: The Bills traded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Bills usedsignificant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo.

For every one of these, there's another draft "review" out there giving the Bills high marks for their draft. 

These draft "reviews" are as useless as mock drafts. These kids haven't stepped on the field for even a rookie minicamp yet. 

• Like (+1) 3