Annoyed at the negativity

So I get it. This was a tough draft for fans. 50% like Allen and the other 50% liked Rosen and you can twist those numbers to your liking.. I don't care that's not the point.

What exactly happened to getting behind your team? Allen is a Buffalo Bill now, Like it or not.. So why not support the decision and hope for the best? What is with these

people day after day with repeat threads of HATE towards the Bills organization as a whole or the GM? What is with everyone with there crystal balls KNOWING he will be

an ALL PRO or a BUST? What is with comparing Allen with all our past failed QB's as if they were linked? As if this is the same GM "the same old Bills" making the "same

old bad mistakes"..

Come on here and complain about the pick after a year or two when we see how good or bad Allen actual is? can we actually just do that?

I have been a Bills fan since my first game I want to back in 1979 and have stayed with them good or bad. I Laughed, gotten mad and even cried over the first SB loss.

to many people on these boards have forgotten what being a sports fan really means. You back your team up good or bad, you back up the decisions GM and coaches

makes until they screw it up.

You shout! You Holler! You Swear! You Cry! You Laugh! You Clap! You complain about everything big or small but at the end you support the team!

Go out there and support our team.. Support the Allen pick at least until you 100% Know he is bad.. then come on these boards and be negative.

I support the Buffalo Bills

Thank you for the read and I will accept what ever opinion you Have

because its your right. Just don't forget the execution comes after the judgement :D

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 22
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 18

13 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

So I get it. This was a tough draft for fans. 50% like Allen and the other 50% liked Rosen and you can twist those numbers to your liking.. I don't care that's not the point.

What exactly happened to getting behind your team? Allen is a Buffalo Bill now, Like it or not.. So why not support the decision and hope for the best? What is with these

people day after day with repeat threads of HATE towards the Bills organization as a whole or the GM? What is with everyone with there crystal balls KNOWING he will be

an ALL PRO or a BUST? What is with comparing Allen with all our past failed QB's as if they were linked? As if this is the same GM "the same old Bills" making the "same

old bad mistakes"..

Come on here and complain about the pick after a year or two when we see how good or bad Allen actual is? can we actually just do that?

I have been a Bills fan since my first game I want to back in 1979 and have stayed with them good or bad. I Laughed, gotten mad and even cried over the first SB loss.

to many people on these boards have forgotten what being a sports fan really means. You back your team up good or bad, you back up the decisions GM and coaches

You shout! You Holler! You Swear! You Cry! You Laugh! You Clap! You complain about everything big or small but at the end you support the team!

Go out there and support our team.. Support the Allen pick at least until you 100% no he is bad.. then come on these boards and be negative.

because its your right. Just don't forget the execution comes after the judgement :D

Losers of draft by NFL.COM

Buffalo Bills: The Bills traded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Bills usedsignificant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo.

Edited by Niagara Dude

20 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Losers

Buffalo Bills: The Bills traded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Bills usedsignificant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo.

So let me get this right. You took a post.. copied and pasted it of one persons opinion and put this on the boards? Am I supposed to clap my hands and say BRAVO or should I just do this

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-draft-grades-bills-get-an-a-for-josh-allen-after-trade-with-buccaneers/

The joke of your reply is that NFL come feels one player is better then the other when neither have hit the NFL field. that's the joke.

Or should I just base this on the fact that people are all over the place on grades of the draft on bills like this post?

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2018/04/27/buffalo-bills-nfl-draft-2018-trades-josh-allen-tremaine-edmunds-grades-round-1/557543002/

GIVE IT A REST!

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 4

I am equaled annoyed that if you at all question your teams decisions, you are not a real fan.  Fandom is not blind loyality and shouldn’t be.

I am not huge fan of Beane or McD, and I hate the Allen pick.  I vented for a couple of days and explained why I hated it so much.  Yet, I am moving on.  I don’t have the energy or desire to keep fighting something I can’t change.

The Bills have been my team for 45 years.  It never has benn, or will never a be unconditional.  I will not like hires, picks and game plans, and that is ok.  I will voice my concerns when I feel they are really a true concern.

My excitement for the future took a big hit Thursday, but at end of day I will still be watching Sundays from here in Colorado.

Edited by Billsflyer12
  • Like (+1) 5

I frequent this board to discuss the Bills. I applaud what I like and question what I don’t. That doesn’t mean that I am right or wrong. It is just my opinion. I’m not going to blindly support something that I don’t agree with. I’m also not going to dump on something because of previous mistakes. I’m not going to wait for something to be good or bad to say, “I told you so” or “these guys are idiots.” At the same time I always support the Bills and hope for the best.

In terms of Allen he wasn’t my first choice. I wanted Rosen. I had no issue with the price paid. It wasn’t an overpay and they got their guy. I will support him and hope that they are right. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billsflyer12 said:

I am equaled annoyed that if you at all question your teams decisions, you are not a real fan.  Fandom is not blind loyality and shouldn’t be.

I am not huge fan Beene or McD, and I hate the Allen pick.  I vented for a couple of days and explained why I hated it so much.  Yet, I am moving on.  I don’t have the energy or desire to keep fighting something I can’t change.

The Bills have been my team for 45 years.  It never has benn, or will never a be unconditional.  I will not like hires, picks and game plans, and that is ok.  I will voice my concerns when I feel they are really a true concern.

My excitement for the future took a big hit Thursday, but at end of day I will still be watching Sundays from here in Colorado.  Forward we go.

I have notably said I would rather pick Rosen. But I am not going to come on the boards DAY AFTER DAY whining about the decision. Don't question if I am a fan or not.. that's idiotic. Fans complains about decisions? yes.. But to come on these boards day in and day out and spew garbage is idiocy.

and I can see how you feel your excitement for future took a hit? that's your feelings and I accept that.. I am not talking about people coming on here and discussing a good or bad decision.. I am talking about people making bold face conclusions they or no one else has any clue about.

go bills

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Go out there and support our team.. Support the Allen pick at least until you 100% no he is bad.. then come on these boards and be negative.

Damn straight!!  

We support our team and shouldn't call players LOSERS before they actually have had a chance to prove themselves.  

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I frequent this board to discuss the Bills. I applaud what I like and question what I don’t. That doesn’t mean that I am right or wrong. It is just my opinion. I’m not going to blindly support something that I don’t agree with. I’m also not going to dump on something because of previous mistakes. I’m not going to wait for something to be good or bad to say, “I told you so” or “these guys are idiots.” At the same time I always support the Bills and hope for the best.

In terms of Allen he wasn’t my first choice. I wanted Rosen. I had no issue with the price paid. It wasn’t an overpay and they got their guy. I will support him and hope that they are right. 

GREAT POST!

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Damn straight!!  

We support our team and shouldn't call players LOSERS before they actually have had a chance to prove themselves.  

Preach on :D

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am annoyed with the all Kool-Aid drinkers who feel the Bills FO never fails, even though they had a 17 year playoff drought... The Bills FO has failed at the draft a hell of a lot more than they have been successful the last 20+ years.  Trading up for Zay Jones the latest failure, and odds are this trade up for Allen will be a failure as well.

Edited by Rosen-not-Chosen
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I am annoyed with the all Kool-Aid drinkers who feel the Bills FO never fails, even though they had a 17 year playoff drought... 

Why are you living in the past? Why? The Drought is over.. Those were GM's and Coaches of the past right? Did I ever say that the Bills FO never Fails>? uh no..

your opinion and I get where your coming from but that's not me.

You got to factor in that this is a football forum and football forums don't necessarily attract the smartest people. The fans that bother me the most are the ones with the really strong opinions and you can tell that they never watched the player in question play before. They go off of what analysts and experts say instead of watching guys for an hour on YouTube.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Losers of draft by NFL.COM

Actually, we used our own first round pick, the second round pick from the Sammy watkins trade, along with our own, to move up and draft Allen.

We then used the pick we got from the KC trade down, along with our Tyrod pick from the Browns, to trade up and grab Edmunds.

Whoever wrote that analysis is an idiot, and whether you like Allen or not, you cannot look at his selection without also accounting for us getting Edmunds, and cannot ignore White.

We traded our own third for Benjamin last year, and grabbed one back on the Darby trade.

We used the open cap we would have given to Sammy or Darby to sign star, Murphy, and Davis

Basically since Beane took over we gave up:

Tyrod

Watkins

Glenn

Darby

Dareus

(Passed on mahomes/Watson)

Added:

Allen

Edmunds

Star

Tre White

Murphy

Vontae Davis

Benjamin

Harrison Phillips

(A couple of other random adds and subtracts here and there)

Our team is definitely better overall, and if Allen pans out, it's a grand slam.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewDayBills said:

You got to factor in that this is a football forum and football forums don't necessarily attract the smartest people. The fans that bother me the most are the ones with the really strong opinions and you can tell that they never watched the player in question play before. They go off of what analysts and experts say instead of watching guys for an hour on YouTube.

I am not going to sit here and judge "doubters" or even "haters" On how much or how little they have spent watching Allen for example. I just hate the whole crystal ball thing ya know?

8 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I am annoyed with the all Kool-Aid drinkers who feel the Bills FO never fails, even though they had a 17 year playoff drought... The Bills FO has failed at the draft a hell of a lot more than they have been successful the last 20+ years.  Trading up for Zay Jones the latest failure, and odds are this trade up for Allen will be a failure as well.

The point is you don’t have to be a Kool-Aid drinker or overly negative. Just be honest. I loved getting Zay last year. I thought after his senior bowl performance he would be great. So far it looks like I am wrong (although he still has time). I have concerns about Allen and preferred Rosen. I hope that I’m wrong again.

21 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Well said. I am not annoyed by differences of opinions or even heated debates. Debate is healthy. As I told all of my children as they were growing up: Have your own opinions and believe what you want to believe, just be able to articulate what you believe and why you believe it - while being respectful of other opinions. What does annoy me is the manner in which a small minority of posters express their opinions: (1) As if every opinion they have is somehow superior to any other opinion out there, (2) The opinions have to be delivered as if they are facts, and (3) They feel the need to become aggressive and personal with anyone who disagrees with them. 

I have been visiting this board for many years and there are posters, such as you, Gunner, Hapless, and others, that I respect a great deal, equally as much for the for (1) the content of their posts and (2) the reasonable, thoughtful, and respectful ways they articulate their opinions.

Edited by billsfan1959
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Actually, we used our own first round pick, the second round pick from the Sammy watkins trade, along with our own, to move up and draft Allen.

We then used the pick we got from the KC trade down, along with our Tyrod pick from the Browns, to trade up and grab Edmunds.

Whoever wrote that analysis is an idiot, and whether you like Allen or not, you cannot look at his selection without also accounting for us getting Edmunds, and cannot ignore White.

We traded our own third for Benjamin last year, and grabbed one back on the Darby trade.

We used the open cap we would have given to Sammy or Darby to sign star, Murphy, and Davis

Basically since Beane took over we gave up:

Tyrod

Watkins

Glenn

Darby

Dareus

(Passed on mahomes/Watson)

Added:

Allen

Edmunds

Star

Tre White

Murphy

Vontae Davis

Benjamin

Harrison Phillips

(A couple of other random adds and subtracts here and there)

Our team is definitely better overall, and if Allen pans out, it's a grand slam.

yea thanks for this reply.. I was kind of lazy and didn't want to get into detailed of how wrong or right his post was but yea great reply

• Like (+1) 1

My opinion on Allen is well known. It is based on film study of him in college and I stand by it.  If people think that makes me negative that is up to them but I don't change my opinion on people just because they become Bills. 

However, I am done giving my opinion on Josh Allen now. The only person who can change my opinion is Josh Allen and so now I will keep quiet and give him the opportunity to do so with his play. I'm equally fully expecting that even if he does succeed we will need to be patient on his development.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

old bad mistakes"..

If you want to be Susie Cheerleader for a team that has given its fans 17 straight years of missing the playoffs and only 3 winning seasons in the last 18 years, be my guest.  Don't try to tell me or other fans that we shouldn't criticize the organization.  The Bills have forfeited their claim to blind fan loyalty with their continual failure to win football games over nearly 2 decades.

Since you are such an Allen loyalist, you best not criticize him until the Bills send him packing.  That's when we'll "no" he is bad, right? ... I mean, since we as fans, aren't allowed to express our opinions.