Annoyed at the negativity

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

AGAIN! if your read any of my posts in past or replies you would obviously see I am not Loyal to Allen.. I am Loyal to the Bills. And Until Allen pas out to be good bad or indifferent I am font going to spend every breath of my day slamming there decision.. They no more about football then most of people that come on these boards combined and I have to trust that process.

I also find it laughable that you NO HE IS bad lol...

On thing I wont do witch you seem to do very well is live in the past..

This GM and coach took a team after 17 years of failure and got us into the playoffs and change the spirit of the team. seeing that you have 0 spirit please do talk on..

I can agree with you on that much :D

FTR, you used the word "no" for know in your original post which is why I put it in quotes in mine. 

As for living in the past, there is absolutely no proof that the current regime is any better at building a winning team than previous regimes.  All the new bodies at OBD are just that, new.  They may be better than the old ones or they may be worse or they may be about the same.  None of these folks have even been around for a full year yet, so declaring the Bills FO as "knowing what they're doing" is premature at best.  This has been said just about every time the Bills have  changed GMs/HCs since Bill Polian left.   What can be said at this point is that McDermott seems to be a better HC than previous ones (or maybe luckier) ... and he was hired under the old FO, not the current one.

PS.  the proper word is which not "witch".  Is English not your native language or did you just sleep through your English classes since sixth grade?

Edited by SoTier

20 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I think there is some confusion with not liking the pick with not supporting Allen once the season begins. They are no where close to being inclusive. You want to lecture someone for not supporting their team you should talk to the Taylor haters who never supported their qb and called for his head even after the team made the playoffs.  Disgusting. Yeah yeah he is last years news.  But to say just cause you are a fan of this team you have to support their draft analysis is pure garbage. 

The negative reviews seem to be based in stats and the current film. Not on imaginary ideas. The positive ones are based on arm strength and some magical potential he has.  Sure I hope he is the next Kelly. If he is not this draft is a complete disaster and the GM should be fired. 

I don't think your looking at the full picture.. and there are just as many positive judgements on this draft as negative so look at all the draft grades not just the few negative, few positives or in between. There is plenty of positive grades. double edged sword isn't it.. Lets just see how he comes out at end :D

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

FTR, you used the word "no" for know in your original post which is why I put it in quotes in mine. 

As for living in the past, there is absolutely no proof that the current regime is any better at building a winning team than previous regimes.  All the new bodies at OBD are just that, new.  They may be better than the old ones or they may be worse or they may be about the same.  None of these folks have even been around for a full year yet, so declaring the Bills FO as "knowing what their doing" is premature at best.  This has been said just about every time the Bills have  changed GMs/HCs since Bill Polian left.   What can be said at this point is that McDermott seems to be a better HC than previous ones (or maybe luckier) ... and he was hired under the old FO, not the current one.

PS.  the proper word is which not "witch".  Is English not your native language or did you just sleep through your English classes since sixth grade?

and there you go. lol thanks for proving my original post true!

Go ahead and slam me for saying witch instead of which or small me for saying no instead of know.. I think you need to get over yourself .. and these replies.. these posts.. that you just said.. is EXACTLY what I am saying. Your living in the past and its your choice.. don't make it my choice..

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I am not sure if you were around during the Jim Kelly days but I am here to tell you he was as cocky and over confident as they come. People loved it and hated it but ya know what? He backed it up.. Lets just see if Allen/Rosen can back up what they say to the press with there gameplay!

I was anle to really start to understand football near the end of Kelly days as a teenager. There is a difference in being cocky and over confident and whiney and arrogant. I would say Kelly was whiney and arrogant before he came back from the usfl and turned that into cocky and over confidence.

They should all wear a tag that says "I am pouting like a baby because the team did not agree with me that Josh Rosen was a better QB".

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:

As for living in the past, there is absolutely no proof that the current regime is any better at building a winning team than previous regimes.  All the new bodies at OBD are just that, new.  They may be better than the old ones or they may be worse or they may be about the same.  None of these folks have even been around for a full year yet, so declaring the Bills FO as "knowing what they're doing" is premature at best.  This has been said just about every time the Bills have  changed GMs/HCs since Bill Polian left.   What can be said at this point is that McDermott seems to be a better HC than previous ones (or maybe luckier) ... and he was hired under the old FO, not the current one.

Wait a second, wait a second, "absolutely no proof that the current regime is any better at building a winning team than previous regimes" did you miss last season? gutted half the roster, went 9-7 and made the playoffs, shame on you for flat out lying.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

They should all wear a tag that says "I am pouting like a baby because the team did not agree with me that Josh Rosen was a better QB".

To be honest I see where your coming from and this goes to far as well. Look they have a right to be ticked off on a decision. I was not happy either.. but I am not running around the board, using my magic crystal ball and living in the past either.. it happened.. I didn't like the pick either but it is what it is and lets see how this ends right?

8 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

Wait a second, wait a second, "absolutely no proof that the current regime is any better at building a winning team than previous regimes" did you miss last season? gutted half the roster, went 9-7 and made the playoffs, shame on you for flat out lying.

The hyperbole is annoying.

2 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

Losers of draft by NFL.COM

Buffalo Bills: The Bills traded out of their No. 10 overall pick a year ago, passing on the chance to draft Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson in favor of amassing draft capital. This season, the Bills usedsignificant draft capital to trade up for quarterback Josh Allen (moving from 12th overall to seventh). The kids would call that hustling backward, especially when Allen has an uphill climb just to surpass previous Bills quarterback Tyrod Taylor's level of production.

Bills fans will point to this being the first draft for GM Brandon Beane, who was hired last May, but that only emphasizes how tricky it is to come up with a cohesive roster when the GM and coach are always in flux. Allen could prove his skeptics wrong, and his athleticism is unquestionable, but Josh Rosen has clearly displayed a more obvious NFL skill set. Allen is reminiscent of a souped-up version of another Bills first-round quarterback: J.P. Losman, a player with accuracy issues who was a star in the pre-draft season because of his measurables. Losman was taken 22nd overall in the 2004 NFL Draft and proceeded to compile a 10-23 record in Buffalo.

I can find plenty of "a" draft grades too, but cool story

37 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Well here is an odd post.

We have a new front office. And they ended the drought.

So the new people who are not the same people,, who ended the drought instead of kept it going, can't be blamed for what the other people, who are not the same ones, did.

Do you understand?

I do understand!  but I also say this:

Over the years, we have had many new front offices which have produced more of the same 'ol, same 'ol.  Organizational culture does tend to persist when a new leader is chosen, if many of the people in the trenches behind the scenes remain the same - the "lifers" - and can lead to perpetuation of the same results from new faces.  For example, if you bring in 3 new coaches and 2 new GMs, but behind the scenes the scouts are the same and the same CEO is giving the same inputs into the decision process, the result is the "same 'ol".  It's a face lift, not a revamp.

And one of those inputs in the past, IMO, has been making draft choices for non-football reasons.  Wanting the top pick to be splashy and flashy in some way, as a draw to sell tickets, for example.  I don't see how anyone could watch Russ Brandon's face in the vid of the War Room during the Watkins trade and not think his fingers were all over that.

Now, this regime went further than previous ones.  They swept out all the scouts and hired back only their choices.  A long time trainer "retired".  Maybe they've made other changes - team physician?  Nutritionist?  behind the scenes.  Maybe it's a New Era, and will lead to different results.

But some of the faces are still the same.  So when I hear that the Pegulas were involved in visiting/interviewing all the QB and that they and Russ Brandon were in the war room, it does arouse a level of concern in me that maybe, it's still a face lift and not a revamp - that maybe non-football factors such as political views or PR impacts were still involved in the draft selections.

I hope not - I see football reasons to make the decisions that were made, albeit football reasons which inspire me to challenge Brandon Beane at poker.  But when some of the same people involved in the drought are still part of the process, we can't quite say 'the new people are not the same people'.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

The hyperbole is annoying.

so are you obviously lol

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I do understand!  but I also say this:

Over the years, we have had many new front offices which have produced more of the same 'ol, same 'ol.  Organizational culture does tend to persist when a new leader is chosen, if many of the people in the trenches behind the scenes remain the same - the "lifers" - and can lead to perpetuation of the same results from new faces.  For example, if you bring in 3 new coaches and 2 new GMs, but behind the scenes the scouts are the same and the same CEO is giving the same inputs into the decision process, the result is the "same 'ol".  It's a face lift, not a revamp.

And one of those inputs in the past, IMO, has been making draft choices for non-football reasons.  Wanting the top pick to be splashy and flashy in some way, as a draw to sell tickets, for example.  I don't see how anyone could watch Russ Brandon's face in the vid of the War Room during the Watkins trade and not think his fingers were all over that.

Now, this regime went further than previous ones.  They swept out all the scouts and hired back only their choices.  A long time trainer "retired".  Maybe they've made other changes - team physician?  Nutritionist?  behind the scenes.  Maybe it's a New Era, and will lead to different results.

But some of the faces are still the same.  So when I hear that the Pegulas were involved in visiting/interviewing all the QB and that they and Russ Brandon were in the war room, it does arouse a level of concern in me that maybe, it's still a face lift and not a revamp - that maybe non-football factors such as political views or PR impacts were still involved in the draft selections.

I hope not - I see football reasons to make the decisions that were made, albeit football reasons which inspire me to challenge Brandon Beane at poker.  But when some of the same people involved in the drought are still part of the process, we can't quite say 'the new people are not the same people'.

nice reply. I also get where your coming from. I just don't like worrying about what happened before. Guess I am a NOW man haha but very nice!

1 minute ago, Ifartalot said:

Here's a positive/negative thought:

If Beane & McDermott's moves pan out and the Bills make the playoffs this year or next, Pegulas will have to ante' up big time or you can say goodbye to both of them.

Its a thought.. but to be honest I think they will do the right thing and keep this GM/Coach for 5 years total then judge. I think to follow what Cleveland did for years, removing coaches and GM's every 2-3 years and then Us doing same the last decade is a bad thing. I believe coaches and GM's come in with a 5 year plan and letting that 5 years pan out is important.. Yea if things don't pan out people will be calling for heads.. I will be looking forward to seeing how this works out! fun years to come.. lets hope haha

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Horned I am respecting your opinion and his.. he has a right to it.. I also see where your annoyed with the term "Giant Disaster" but its widely over used and complaining about it wont help so heck! lol

Just trying to improve the board and point out that it is unnecessary. It is ok to say you thought the draft was bad or good, and attach facts top back it up,  it doesn't prove the point anymore to say "stupendous" or "disaster"  attached to everything said.

We have become so extremists on both side of everything it is disturbing to me. People misplace, and I realize some are more eloquent that others, and misuse words I get that. However, consistently BSing without facts and treating your opinion as more than others is dangerous. People think convictions mean everyone else is wrong and I know the answer. Being tone deaf doesn't help. We all can learn from others who make cogent opinions.

I will also point out it is very difficult, on a message board, to always tell what someone else's intentions are. This post has some miscommunication going on. Prime Time has maybe not stated everything perfectly, he does have the right to point out the annoyances that others feel as well. The few posters who become one trick ponies are always treading dangerously close to crusading.

Not trying to be too preachy, sorry if it comes across that way, my thoughts are just that.

JMO

36 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Let me ask it this way.... did any of you when you were a kid ever think your parents made a wrong decision? About where to go on holiday, about whether to move house about whether to invite wider family round for Christmas? I know I did. I thought my parents made wrong decisions frequently and would tell them so. It didn't mean I didn't love my parents it just meant I thought they had made a wrong decision. Supporting the Bills is the same.  The fact I think they made a wrong decision in drafting Josh Allen doesn't mean I love the Bills any less it doesn't even mean I have anything personal against Josh Allen - while he is a Bill I will cheer for him and live the consequences of every throw he makes and every throw he doesn't the same as the rest of you. 

Bump.  This.

2 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

Just trying to improve the board and point out that it is unnecessary. It is ok to say you thought the draft was bad or good, and attach facts top back it up,  it doesn't prove the point anymore to say "stupendous" or "disaster"  attached to everything said.

We have become so extremists on both side of everything it is disturbing to me. People misplace, and I realize some are more eloquent that others, and misuse words I get that. However, consistently BSing without facts and treating your opinion as more than others is dangerous. People think convictions mean everyone else is wrong and I know the answer. Being tone deaf doesn't help. We all can learn from others who make cogent opinions.

I will also point out it is very difficult, on a message board, to always tell what someone else's intentions are. This post has some miscommunication going on. Prime Time has maybe not stated everything perfectly, he does have the right to point out the annoyances that others feel as well. The few posters who become one trick ponies are always treading dangerously close to crusading.

Not trying to be too preachy, sorry if it comes across that way, my thoughts are just that.

JMO

To be honest I think that's how society is today. Me for example more about getting my point across then worrying about an English professor coming around trying to mock me as far as how I write.

I think from talking to many people outside the "world of message boards" people are taking things to the extreme with there verbiage ya know? so now it is showing up on the boards. I get where you are coming from but some things are not worth the stress.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

To be honest I think that's how society is today. Me for example more about getting my point across then worrying about an English professor coming around trying to mock me as far as how I write.

I think from talking to many people outside the "world of message boards" people are taking things to the extreme with there verbiage ya know? so now it is showing up on the boards. I get where you are coming from but some things are not worth the stress.

Not stressed at all! People who know me know I don't let it bother me.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

Hey I think Allen could be good. I think Rosen has a higher probability of being good & at this point is better. That doesn’t make me a Bills hater. Just a doubter of Beane. 

This is the positive/negative type posts I love.. It is to soon for me to love Beane and he does leave enough to doubt. I just have to see how all this translates on the field before a judge him.

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Let me ask it this way.... did any of you when you were a kid ever think your parents made a wrong decision? About where to go on holiday, about whether to move house about whether to invite wider family round for Christmas? I know I did. I thought my parents made wrong decisions frequently and would tell them so. It didn't mean I didn't love my parents it just meant I thought they had made a wrong decision. Supporting the Bills is the same.  The fact I think they made a wrong decision in drafting Josh Allen doesn't mean I love the Bills any less it doesn't even mean I have anything personal against Josh Allen - while he is a Bill I will cheer for him and live the consequences of every throw he makes and every throw he doesn't the same as the rest of you. 

This is exactly where I'm at with this too. I'm not going to flip my opinion 180 degrees to appease anyone but don't confuse dislike of a prospect with dislike or hatred of the team. After all, I've stuck with this team through what I think of as worse personnel decisions than drafting what I believe is an inferior QB.

They came out of this weekend with a few players that I think highly of, both through the draft and UDFA. I've been banging the table for Teller to replace Richie for damn near 2 years :D

I don't want Josh Allen to fail, far from it. There's a massive distinction between wanting something and expecting it. If I'm wrong, they got a cornerstone for the next decade. If the FO are wrong, they'll pay for it with their jobs. It's just football, it ain't that serious.

• Like (+1) 1