Josh Allen = Drew Bledsoe

2 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Seriously, it's almost scary how much these two are similar.

Similarities:

Grew up in small towns

Height and Weight

Arm Length

Wonderlic Score

College Completion %

Read this and tell me this doesn't sound familar:

Then Drew Bledsoe came out and his velocity was different, the spin on his ball was different, and it was like, O.K., now I see why he's the Number 1 pick."

https://www.si.com/vault/2010/11/08/106003792/the-art-of-the-pass

Allen is slightly more athletic, but coming out of college, they were really similar.

Complete and utter horsecrap as they are nothing alike in the pocket.

Allen compares to Cam Newton that he can escape rushers and easily run away from them. He is also like Big Ben in that he is so big it takes a ton to bring him down. 

Bledsoe was like Flacco in that he can run...like a mad stork on crack...rumbling...stumbling...bumbling. The biggest fault Bledsoe had was he couldn't escape the rushers due to his IMMOBILITY, and thus took far to many sacks. He also held the ball too long waiting for his receivers to break open. 

I'll tell you what though. I only hope Allen has a 14-year career with 4 pro bowls and a super bowl ring like Bledsoe. 

2 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Shuttles had drew at 4.5 and allen at 4.4...

Considering how the game has changed, that’s probably not as big a gap once you normalize for how much faster everyone is.

i dont think it’s some perfect comparison and allen is definitely quicker but nowhere near as absurd as some will portray and if allen retires with 4 probowls and a ring he will be a home run for us.

Was thinking this as well... nothing wrong with Drew Bledsoe... nothing at all.

3 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Similarities:

Grew up in small towns

Height and Weight

Arm Length

Wonderlic Score

College Completion %

Then Drew Bledsoe came out and his velocity was different, the spin on his ball was different, and it was like, O.K., now I see why he's the Number 1 pick."

Allen is slightly more athletic, but coming out of college, they were really similar.

Did Bledsoe look dominate in college. In other words, did Drew Bledsoe win games for his team in college?

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Hopefully minus the bone head throws and slow processing while holding onto the ball forever. 

Bledsoe had some real decent years early on in NE but he was an absolute dud towards the later years in NE and here in Buffalo.

I admittedly assumed that he was comparing the two as incoming rookies. 

Though I’m also fine if allen gets us a ring and then we trade him to the pats for a first to start our dynasty if he was being super literal.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
25 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

Two things-

1) Drew Bledsoe’s arms trength isnt close to Allen’s.

2) Drew Bledsoe couldn’t outrun a 40 year old obese british bulldog.

Bledsoe had a pretty sick arm.  I bet he was pretty close in when he was young.

Similarities:

Grew up in small towns

Height and Weight

Arm Length

Wonderlic Score

College Completion %

This is the worst comparison I've ever heard.

Congratulations. You played yoself.

Similarities:

Grew up in small towns

Height and Weight

Arm Length

Wonderlic Score

College Completion %

Bledsoe had cement blocks for feet.

Nothing close to Allen

4 hours ago, Ittakestime said:

Similarities:

Grew up in small towns

Height and Weight

Arm Length

Wonderlic Score

College Completion %

Slightly more athletic? Bledsoe was a statue!!!

I'm definitely not ready to say Allen is going to have the same kind of career,  but from what I've seen...the arm,  the mobility,  the good plays,  the dumb plays...he reminds me a whole hell of a lot of Brett Favre in his first or second year in Green Bay.  

Edited by Brandon

1 hour ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Bledsoe had a pretty sick arm.  I bet he was pretty close in when he was young.

I doubt it. The sports science folks who proclaimed jamarcus russel and pat mahomes as having the biggest strongest arms in the NFL, just said Allen has the strongest arm they have ever seen by a long shot. Said he has been recorded at throwing a football 70+ mph. 

54 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

I doubt it. The sports science folks who proclaimed jamarcus russel and pat mahomes as having the biggest strongest arms in the NFL, just said Allen has the strongest arm they have ever seen by a long shot. Said he has been recorded at throwing a football 70+ mph. 

70 mph? WOW, wind? what wind?

Superman...

Edited by Figster