RD3, Pick 96: Harrison Phillips DT - Stanford

17 minutes ago, Stokes84 said:

Mo Hurst is twice as good.  Trash pick.

Hurst has been passed over 100 times due to a medical condition that has removed him from at least half of the team's boards. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the player Phillips is. Trollpinions are fairly easy to spot these days. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, billrooter said:

Pretty sure they visited him and with McDermotts wrestling background and Phillips plus it being a need when he was available seemed like a good bet. Phillips benched 225 42 times and was a two time state champ wrestler in HS and a national champion as well, very impressive Meatball Jr.

wrestler, very impressive love the pick

Please forgive all all my profanity tonight, but f*** me...that is crazy.

• Like (+1) 1

This defense is really starting to look like a strength once again DE Hughes DT Louteleilei DT Williams DE Trent Murphy with DT harrison Phillips, DE Shaq lawson and DL Adolphus Washington in rotation. OLB Lorenzo Alexander, ILB Tremaine Edmunds OLB Matt Milano with CB TreDavius White/CB Vontae Davis/S Micah Hyde/S Jordan Poyer, man if our offense can get any sort of boost from QB play we'll be golden at least in the future.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, H2o said:

Hurst has been passed over 100 times due to a medical condition that has removed him from at least half of the team's boards. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with the player Phillips is. Trollpinions are fairly easy to spot these days. :thumbsup:

And this guy was passed over 95 times and he doesn't even have an excuse.

Jon Scott @JonScottTV 33s33 seconds ago

We have a "Trust the Process" already from Harrison Phillips. #Bills #NFLDraftNFLDraft18.png

Joe BuscagliaVerified account @JoeBuscaglia 12s12 seconds ago

New #Bills DT Harrison Phillips said he won’t try to hit a wrestling move on McDermott as retribution when he sees him next, but said he would hug him so hard that it might make him think it’s a lat drop and the coach might be on his toes.

Listening to his interview with the media now on WGR. Wow. Very articulate and sounds pumped. He's mentioned guys on the team by name like Trent Murpy, said "we traded up for a franchise QB so that piece is in place", said that comparisons of himself to Kyle Williams are unfounded because he could never compare himself to a player like Kyle who will have a "special history in the game". Looking forward to Kyle taking him under his wing. The kid is knowledgeable, excited, and humble. Fantastic get if it all translates on the field. :beer:

• Like (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Mo Hurst is an episode away from being asked to retire due to his heart ailment.  Rap sheet reported that some teams fear it will only get worse.

You don't put down a 3rd round pick on someone like that.  It's too valuable.  

I see a team taking him (maybe) in the 5th.  But most likely late draft when they have nothing to lose if he has to retire early.

I believe Phillips is as good a player with intangibles similar to Kyle Williams.  He also has a personality like Tre White on the field when in the videos he likes to have fun.

Many thought Phillips was a late first round/2nd round value.  To get him at the end of the 3rd and have it be a need position is outstanding work by Beane.

This will allow Phillips to spend a year with Kyle Williams soaking up his knowledge and learning from a true pro so he can take over.

I love it.

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s on WGR right now and literally just says he’s “ready to bring his lunch pail to work” , I’m dying 

Genius move by Beane, no one's bitching about Josh Allen now.

• Haha (+1) 2