GDT: 2018 Draft Day 2 - Rounds 2 and 3

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

But they still have William's next year so they dont need someone til next draft when its thought to be deep.

Kyle, God bless him, should not be expected to play even 60% of the downs this season. Get him a guy to mentor and to back him up and supplant him by seasons end.

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Probably went with them cause they asked or paid. 

meanwhile poor Fred Jackson got screwed out of another NFLdraft, he was supposed to call one of Buffalo's 2nd round picks :(

I don't think Reed gets bumped for the remaining third round pick.

2 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But they still have William's next year so they dont need someone til next draft when its thought to be deep.

He would be depth this year and learn under Kyle and then take over his job next year.  Plus he would still play a lot with the rotation McDermott uses

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Kyle, God bless him, should not be expected to play even 60% of the downs this season. Get him a guy to mentor and to back him up and supplant him by seasons end.

I think Tim Settle would be a good apprentice for Kyle Williams to coach up

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

meanwhile poor Fred Jackson got screwed out of another NFLdraft, he was supposed to call one of Buffalo's 2nd round picks :(

I don't think Reed gets bumped for the remaining third round pick.

Maybe they both go up? Or Reed calls his name as the Bill's pick in the 3rd?

1 minute ago, RocCityRoller said:

I think Tim Settle would be a good apprentice for Kyle Williams to coach up

I like Settle as a player, but he’s more of a nose and we’ve already got Star.

Harrison Phillips is the perfect Kyle replacement.

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

He would be depth this year and learn under Kyle and then take over his job next year.  Plus he would still play a lot with the rotation McDermott uses

Does a DT need a lot of coaching up though? Isn't it one of those positions where they dont need as much coaching? They cant fill every hole this year, getting a backup DT to replace Kyle next year may not be a big priority to them co.pared to another position that could use the additional year of time

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Does a DT need a lot of coaching up though? Isn't it one of those positions where they dont need as much coaching? They cant fill every hole this year, getting a backup DT to replace Kyle next year may not be a big priority to them co.pared to another position that could use the additional year of time

Don't pick to need.  The only reason I said they should take a DT is because there are a lot of good value ones left.  They need to go BPA.  Too many holes not to.  

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Waiting for all the Mason Rudolph at 22 people to say “we could have had 4 starters and taken Rudolph at 65”

I was one of those people, and no, but we could have had Rudolph at 22 and two more starters from the 2nd round.

Chubb, Chark and everyone picked up to know could have been Bills by standing in place.

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Don't pick to need.  The only reason I said they should take a DT is because there are a lot of good value ones left.  They need to go BPA.  Too many holes not to.  

I agree, just saying that someone said next year is supposed to be deep for them and someone else said that they should get one so Kyle could mentor them as depth.

Theres still a few spots where the Bill's could draft someone good that could be a  need starter for them this year