2018 Draft: 1st round discussion

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Both our 1st round picks were drafted in potential. I'm worried about our depth based on the number of picks we have left. We're gonna be pretty bad this year but they're thinking long term so we just have to trust the process.

They made a choice to draft for the future.  Standing pat they would have landed five or six starters but no starting QB.  Future over this season.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

So...we could have had Rosen and Edmunds... 

yeah, that's pretty much it. I liked Rosen more too but it's ultimately a gamble no matter how you look at it.  Substitute Allen and it could still be franchise changing a couple of years from now. I'm very happy they went QB/LB either way.

Just now, ngbills said:

We had 12, AZ had 15. Not to mention better 2nd and 3rd round picks.  Would not have been hard. 

My point was that Arizona was said to be trying to move up to #7 for Allen, so we had to beat their offer. 

Getting Allen at 10 wouldn't have been an option. 

I mean, I'd have preferred to let Arizona take Allen and we get Rosen at 10. But that's not what happened. But I'm a fan, not a scout. I watched them play on tv. 

The Bills thoroughly vetted all these guys. Talked to their teammates, family, friends, coaches, school teachers, ex girlfriends etc etc etc. 

Maybe NFL teams know more than we do... if both Arizona and Buffalo wanted Allen over Rosen, there had to be a reason. At least that's what I'm choosing to believe! lol 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsfan714 said:

The debate will be if Evans is there at 22 and we would of kept those picks...  Which would you choose vs Edmunds.

Edmunds. 

I thought he was one of the best 2 LB's in the draft. I love the Edmunds pick, especially for McD's defense. 

Him or Smith were the LB's I wanted. 

4 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Nice, great pick and they didn't get fleeced in the trade. The trade up for Allen the Bills gave up 710 pts to gain 300, !@#$in ridiculous. No reason to give up both 2nds, the first one alone was worth 370, throw in the later 3rd as a big bonus if you have to but wtf. 5 good picks, none lower than 65 for 2 players. Good thing the roster is solid, not. This is gonna be a long year for the qb, the line as it is sucks, no wrs either.

Beane does have some over paying last year and this year.....He's turned a ton of picks into fewer.   Im going to trust the process, I really am.  

So just a few hours ago it was how the Bill's have to pay whatever price to get one of the 4 franchise QBs in the draft. Who cares about the holes in the roster, they have to get a franchise QB!

So they move up using only 2 2nds, get the QB with the highest upside and athletic ability, and use the other 1st plus 2 other picks to move up and grab one of the top linebackers and everyone throwing a tantrum because they gave up picks and didn't get the franchise QB they wanted. Now they should have stayed put and filled the holes in their roster

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan714 said:

Beane does have some over paying last year and this year.....He's turned a ton of picks into fewer.   Im going to trust the process, I really am.  

Beane has piled up good picks getting rid of dead weight and dough so he could make these moves. We got two high first rounders and a 3rd rounder in a draft, We got a first and two seconds last year. I'm totally OK with this. I'm trusting Beane to get the guys we need and McD to maximize their potential. 

3 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

But he walked away with the QB with the highest ceiling and a very good LB for less then what people wanted him to give up for just a QB. Remember when around here all those extra picks were house money that could be thrown away to get their QB

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Wow martavis bryant traded to raiders for 3rd round pick. I think it's a good deal for Steelers, Bryant is a 1 trick pony imo.

He's good at that trick though. 3rd rounder for a guy on the last year of his deal is eh.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

So, I’m a bit dizzy....what do we have left in terms of picks? 

See you Saturday. Don't wake up early either.

Funny thing, in my mock I posted here that I had them moving to 7th for a QB and to 16th for a LBer. Not these guys though.

3 minutes ago, cd1 said:

Another "project" with ACCURACY issues - Welcome EJ Allen

Is there a better QB for Allen to back up than AJ McCarron - if he has issues with learning the NFL and learning about accuracy and learning to be a backup?

Edited by Tyrod's friend

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pick 96 in the 3rd, our 4th, and 3 5ths I think 

This Buffalo Rumblings article is from 9:24pm and appears to be accurate

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2018/4/26/17288296/2018-nfl-draft-order-buffalo-bills-pick-numbers-following-trade-up-for-josh-allen

Edit; Doesn't account for the Edmunds trade up, which I think we gave up 3rd round, pick 65

Edited by Happy Gilmore

1 minute ago, cd1 said:

Another "project" with ACCURACY issues - Welcome EJ Allen

I was vocal that Allen was NOT the guy I wanted, but I’m going to get on board now and hope for the best. He DOES have the highest ceiling, and I find it’s best when I don’t dwell on the negative. He seemed to do well at the Senior Bowl and I hope they can coach him up with time. It concerns me that accuracy just may be something that’s difficult to improve, but I won’t be unemployed if they were wrong. I’ll pray for the best. 

Does anyone else feel like it’s Christmas morning and all the presents are open? And maybe you’re not really in love with that sweater from aunt Edna? But the other stuff is nice, you just can’t play with it for 5 months....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2