Howard Simon's Reaction to a WGR "Too Many Holes" Caller

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

Howard does not look healthy.  is he ok?  or is he just getting old?  i remember when he had his tv show and he looked much different back then

Wasn't that like 20 years ago?  You're surprised he's aged since then?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Howard does not look healthy.  is he ok?  or is he just getting old?  i remember when he had his tv show and he looked much different back then

It's called NFL draft season.

I'd probably go bald if I had to listen to the same shoddy points by people who don't follow the Bills and NFL closely day after day, too. 

10 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

When you have to be to work by 6 AM you are not going to get enough sleep. It's just a fact. You will be losing 1-2 hours per night, minimum, 5 days a week, for decades.

That adds up. Plus he's had to talk about QBs for the past 3 months straight!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dalton said:

So you are in a boat......

It has 1 large hole and 3 small holes.  Which do you fix first to save the boat?

Draft a QB to plug the large hole!

get the biggest lineman you can find and have him sit on all 4 holes :)

But the boat will still sink if you plug the one big hole. IOW get a QB in this draft and you have a choice to make. Play him right away and waste all that effort (cause he will get killed and lose any confidence he had) or sit him at least a year until you can somehow rebuild your OL and get 2 good WR and maybe a great TE. The boat will likely sink in 2018 no matter what you do.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Couldn't agree any more.

Are you guys both serious?  They have like 16 hours to fill today.  The NHL playoffs are in full swing.  WGR has covered every aspect of the draft ad nauseam for months.  Sal is on constantly.  They will be talking about it all day. 

Just now, metzelaars_lives said:

Are you guys both serious?  They have like 16 hours to fill today.  The NHL playoffs are in full swing.  WGR has covered every aspect of the draft ad nauseam for months.  Sal is on constantly.  They will be talking about it all day. 

Not all day, big GAP between 10-Noon!   

2 minutes ago, TikiTailgateRentals said:

Of course you do, you are Canadian!  Us Americans want to hear football talk!  

Dude.  What more do you want to hear?  What do you think could possibly be said that hasn't been said already?  We live in a city that has one of the highest TV ratings for the NHL playoffs, despite our team not being in it.  So they're talking about hockey for a couple hours.  You'll get your draft talk all day long, as you have for months and months and will continue to get for the next several months.  

2 minutes ago, metzelaars_lives said:

Good to know your opinion. 

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

you just had a QB that led you to the playoffs and **** on him

Where did the bills rank in passing yards last year? Just because you made the playoffs, doesn't mean it was your QB that got you there.

Edited by wagon127

its funny, so if you don't think a QB in the draft is worth giving up all the picks for and you think the Bills have too many holes to fill and disagree with the "at any cost get a qb" crowd you're stupid? 

Just to play devils advocate, say the Bills give up whatever it takes to get a QB and said QB ends up being Ryan Leaf or just an average QB and in 3 years the Bills are still looking for a "franchise" QB and haven't been able to find a LB, DE, RB, WR or OL then what? Would the "whatever it takes" crowd say "at least they took a shot"? 

Personally I don't care what the heck they do, just get players that will pan out. Part of me thinks sitting at 12 will still get them a QB and part of me still says what have any of these kids done that AJ hasn't? What makes any of them better than AJ in the NFL? 

I'm good if they trade up and get a QB they believe in, I'm good if they stay put and get a player they believe in and I'm good if they trade down, at this point, I just want them to improve.

Just now, Yav said:

its funny, so if you don't think a QB in the draft is worth giving up all the picks for and you think the Bills have too many holes to fill and disagree with the "at any cost get a qb" crowd you're stupid? 

Just to play devils advocate, say the Bills give up whatever it takes to get a QB and said QB ends up being Ryan Leaf or just an average QB and in 3 years the Bills are still looking for a "franchise" QB and haven't been able to find a LB, DE, RB, WR or OL then what? Would the "whatever it takes" crowd say "at least they took a shot"? 

Personally I don't care what the heck they do, just get players that will pan out. Part of me thinks sitting at 12 will still get them a QB and part of me still says what have any of these kids done that AJ hasn't? What makes any of them better than AJ in the NFL? 

I'm good if they trade up and get a QB they believe in, I'm good if they stay put and get a player they believe in and I'm good if they trade down, at this point, I just want them to improve.

22 Years!

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

22 Years!

I get it, I've been a fan since I was a little kid and lived through the 70s and 80s. 

I just don't like some people including jerks on the radio acting like their opinion is right and if you disagree and have an opinion of your own you're wrong. Its an opinion so there's is no right or wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Yav said:

That being said, then the Bills will be drafting high for the next 3 - 4 years, filling those holes with quality picks, and sometime in that timeframe, draft another QB.  It's almost a win-win.

9 minutes ago, Yav said:

Yes and yes

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, richardb1952 said:

That being said, then the Bills will be drafting high for the next 3 - 4 years, filling those holes with quality picks, and sometime in that timeframe, draft another QB.  It's almost a win-win.

Well, if the Bills do have to give up next years #1 then picking high won't really matter to them, if they are going to be bad next year then why not stay put and address as much as they can with their current picks, roll the dice with AJ and then use next years high #1 on a QB? Seems to me if you all the pieces in place and just need 1 it's easier to trade away picks for the guy you covet, or if AJ does end up being the guy then even better. 

Again, I'm not saying they should do this and I don't envy them right now because this is a very difficult position to be in and why they are paid.