a struggle to succeed or survive

• her battle with cancer

It's just the English language dude.

"A war with words" 

a : a state of hostility, conflict, or antagonism
b : a struggle or competition between opposing forces or for a particular end 
  • a class war

• awar against disease

This is how language evolves. I really don't think people are using perspective when they take offense with that.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Irv said:

With the draft coming up, I hear the term "war room" a lot and think of heroes who have fought, been killed, or maimed in an actual war.  Overly politically correct?  Probably. But I wouldn't mind never hearing that again.     

FOOTBALL+IN+AMERICA+Not+only+was+footbal

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

.....in the old days when an enemy was defeated on the battlefield,  people used the term "sacked".....

Sacking was more the aftermath of the battle... when a convincing victory turned Into pillaging and raping

Like sacking of Rome or Sacking of Constantinople 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Dalton said:

I can't stand the name Irv.  It makes me think of Irving Fryar, who makes me think of the Patriots.  The Patriots make me think of cheating and cheating is wrong.

Please ban Irv so I am not offended.

I can't stand the name Dalton. Dalton was the name of Patrick Swayzey's character in Road House. Road House was great, but it reminds me of Dirty Dancing which reminds me that Jennifer Grey somehow looked better before the nose job with that large nose. Females with large noses remind me of Barbra Streisand. And no one likes that.

???

18 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Sacking was more the aftermath of the battle... when a convincing victory turned Into pillaging and raping

Like sacking of Rome or Sacking of Constantinople 

Don't know why this reminded me of the "altercation" between Jim "Chrissy" Everett and Jim Rome. But thank you for that!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I can't stand the name Dalton. Dalton was the name of Patrick Swayzey's character in Road House. Road House was great, but it reminds me of Dirty Dancing which reminds me that Jennifer Grey somehow looked better before the nose job with that large nose. Females with large noses remind me of Barbra Streisand. And no one likes that.

???

Oh I'm sure SOME here love babs.

• Like (+1) 1

I met a soldier who had his arm and leg blown off in combat.  He gave a talk at a conference and showed a video of the firefight where he lost his limbs.  Definitely had an impact on me.  Hard equate a fat slob, in sweatsuit, picking athletes from a list, spilling pizza and wings on himself - with war.     

1 hour ago, Irv said:

With the draft coming up, I hear the term "war room" a lot and think of heroes who have fought, been killed, or maimed in an actual war.  Overly politically correct?  Probably. But I wouldn't mind never hearing that again.     

get over it :D

• Like (+1) 1

OP

Please publish a comprehensive words and phrases that give you concern and we’ll all try and avoid them. 

PS: You are aware that there are literally thousands of them used every day that stem from other contexts, historical places, and languages...right?

1 hour ago, musichunch said:

. It is not, and has never been a beautiful game like basketball, hockey, soccer, or baseball. 

Calling soccer "The Beautiful Game"  is nothing but pure unadulterated marketing at its best.

I don't like the term "War Room" either.  I'm not a war vet just a regular old peace time vet.  But words have meaning.  In the "War Room" if you have a bad day, you get fired with the rest of your contract paid and get a job with another team. In a real war, if you have a bad day, you get killed or your legs blown off. Your kid grows up a drug addict because he had no father.

It also cheapens the word "war" which is probably why Amercians are always ready to send someone's else's kids off to war

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

OP

Please publish a comprehensive words and phrases that give you concern and we’ll all try and avoid them. 

PS: You are aware that there are literally thousands of them used every day that stem from other contexts, historical places, and languages...right?

A comprehensive what?  Your poor grammar gives me concern. Did you go to Buff. State?