Can't stand the term "War Room"

Irv

8 minutes ago, dpberr said:

I liked the old days where you had just two dudes sitting at a 4x6 desk that had a helmet, some note cards and an amazing array of telephones and telephone equipment.

............and with the first overall pick in the 1972 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bill's select Walt Patulski, DE, Notre Dame.

5 hours ago, dpberr said:

I liked the old days where you had just two dudes sitting at a 4x6 desk that had a helmet, some note cards and an amazing array of telephones and telephone equipment.

Did they do any worse than that dimwit who drafted EJ  and sold the farm for Sammy?    

5 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Calling soccer "The Beautiful Game"  is nothing but pure unadulterated marketing at its best.

I don't like the term "War Room" either.  I'm not a war vet just a regular old peace time vet.  But words have meaning.  In the "War Room" if you have a bad day, you get fired with the rest of your contract paid and get a job with another team. In a real war, if you have a bad day, you get killed or your legs blown off. Your kid grows up a drug addict because he had no father.

It also cheapens the word "war" which is probably why Amercians are always ready to send someone's else's kids off to war

Never heard that term used by the nfl, coaches, gm's, etc as a negative.It's not like they are using the term as a way to disrespect war vets, and the op knows this. Come on, ya bunch of wusses! Oh, oh am I in trouble now.

#waytoosensitive

7 hours ago, Irv said:

With the draft coming up, I hear the term "war room" a lot and think of heroes who have fought, been killed, or maimed in an actual war.  Overly politically correct?  Probably. But I wouldn't mind never hearing that again.     

You just better hope our QB is ready when the bullets start flying. :)

7 hours ago, Irv said:

With the draft coming up, I hear the term "war room" a lot and think of heroes who have fought, been killed, or maimed in an actual war.  Overly politically correct?  Probably. But I wouldn't mind never hearing that again.     

Why War Room isnt used in our world. That is TOC. 

Edited by MAJBobby

8 hours ago, Irv said:

I agree, war chamber or jihad den sounds better 

also whats your position on the word ‘draft’?

also, per Webster 

Definition of war room

1a room at a military headquarters where maps showing the current status of troops in battle are maintained 
2a room (as at a business headquarters) used for conferences and planning that is often specially equipped (as with computers, or charts)
Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

7 hours ago, Irv said:

Every time I hear the term 'gridiron', I think of all the poor construction, railroad, and steel workers who lost their lives dealing with actual iron. It's sad and disrespectful to those heroes of industry.

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Let's find more things to be offended by. There's an endless supply.

'Pigskin' is offensive to the PETA crowd.

I'm personally offended when stadiums overcharge for crap beer.

Holy crap, TBD has officially collapsed. I just went from a thread about not liking the draft process because it’s some sort of modern day slavery to one about not liking the term war room because it disrespects military. 

Sad state of affairs

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Every time I hear the term 'gridiron', I think of all the poor construction, railroad, and steel workers who lost their lives dealing with actual iron. It's sad and disrespectful to those heroes of industry.

'Pigskin' is offensive to the PETA crowd.

I'm personally offended when stadiums overcharge for crap beer.

Your tone of voice is offending me. Also, I don't like the word "overcharge".

Please think about what you've done.

Just now, dubs said:

Holy crap, TBD has officially collapsed. I just went from a thread about not liking the draft process because it’s some sort of modern day slavery to one about not liking the term war room because it disrespects military. 

Sad state of affairs

It's good to get these issues out in the open so we can find someone to blame and call a bigot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dubs said:

Sad state of affairs

You do know that the OP is trolling, right?

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Your tone of voice is offending me. Also, I don't like the word "overcharge".

Please think about what you've done.

I offer my sincerest apologies. I will retreat to my safe space, put on my onesie, sip some hot lukewarm chocolate, cuddle with my comfort teddy bear, draw in my microaggression coloring book and ponder the depth of my misdeeds.

Just now, Koko78 said:

I suspected. Either way, it’s gotten so ridiculous on here. Troll threads don’t add anything, just clog up the front page and make it more acceptable to create a thread about anything. 

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

I offer my sincerest apologies. I will retreat to my safe space, put on my onesie, sip some hot lukewarm chocolate, cuddle with my comfort teddy bear, draw in my microaggression coloring book and ponder the depth of my misdeeds.

You don't get a safe space! Who the @#$& do you think you are?! Only I get a safe space!