Don't be surprised.

gjv001

I'm thinking that the Bills, based on the Draft Trade Value Charts, will appear to grossly overpay to move up and select a QB. Thus having the Draft Pundits of the world criticising their decision. This will certainly put a damper on the remainder of the Draft, but probably has to be done in order to get out of QB purgatory. 

1 minute ago, gjv001 said:

I'm thinking that the Bills, based on the Draft Trade Value Charts, will appear to grossly overpay to move up and select a QB. Thus having the Draft Pundits of the world criticising their decision. This will certainly put a damper on the remainder of the Draft, but probably has to be done in order to get out of QB purgatory. 

I honestly believe that is just because we have all been so fine with an overpayment. Unless they go into the top 2 I think that you will see a pretty standard trade. They will pay a premium but nothing out of control. In another thread I suggested 12, 53, 65 & a 2019 4th for 6 & 100. Based on both of the charts the Bills would be paying a 3rd and a 2019 4th above the chart values. That’s expensive for sure but not crippling.

10 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Not if it's for a QB.  The Jets grossly overpaid to move from 6 to 3, and the pundits have mentioned the overpay but have for the most part agreed it's ok if they did it for their franchise QB. 

If the pick in year two throws 25 TD’s, and 8 INT’s, completes 62% of his passes and leads the Bills to the playoffs. No one will even remember or care what the Bills gave up.

Does anyone really remember or care what the Eagles gave up for Wentz at this point?

18 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

came up with this one all by yourself, did ya?

2 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

If the pick in year two throws 25 TD’s, and 8 INT’s, completes 62% of his passes and leads the Bills to the playoffs. No one will even remember or care what the Bills gave up.

Does anyone really remember or care what the Eagles gave up for Wentz at this point?

Name another time a team sold out their draft for one guy and it worked out? 

Edited by Domdab99

Scenario A.. BIlls do some crazy trade like both 1st and both 2nds... and maybe more to get 2nd overall.

Scenario B.. BIlls stay where they are and shore up LB (HUGE need .. we have none!), WR (big need), OL (HUGE need) and DL (big need)  with rest of draft. We need a RB for the future too.  If QB still available at 12 that is not a reach, vs the rest of the board... take him. Don't take a QB there just for the sake of taking one.

I'd see the future from scenario A as a team with no OL to protect the very expensive QB... Andrew Luck take 2? This will be compounded by having a defense that can't stop anybody, forcing our QBs to pass every down and run for life because we have no OL.

I'll take scenario B and beat scenario A's ass for several years.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

If you get the pick right and this QB turns into something special. I would not care if it was 4 number one picks. 

31 minutes ago, napmaster said:

Not if it's for a QB.  The Jets grossly overpaid to move from 6 to 3, and the pundits have mentioned the overpay but have for the most part agreed it's ok if they did it for their franchise QB. 

2 words......Mark Sanchez. Nothing is a lock on success, even trying to force the issue.

Edited by RFL