Baker Mayfield big news?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I believe they want a high potential guy to develop. Allen fits the physical mold of the successful QBs in their division, and they have time to develop him.  Could be wrong!

OK; I get your point now - very relevant. 

There is so much statistical analysis being done right now and of course the draft is all about projection, so I wondered if that statistic was out there and I didn't know about it. 
Cheers.

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Unless the Browns are shopping the first pick, why are they keeping #1 so tight to the vest?

Seems strange.

Because they have about 15 different decision makers from all different backgrounds giving their input. It's a mess

1 minute ago, Chicken Boo said:

Unless the Browns are shopping the first pick, why are they keeping #1 so tight to the vest?

Seems strange.

Why not? They can continue to float names and keep their pick a secret while seeing what comes in for trade offers. Even if they are comfortable selecting at one this is a smart approach. Maybe a GM/owner lose their mind and offer them a can’t say no type of package. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Tyrod's friend said:

OK; I get your point now - very relevant. 

There is so much statistical analysis being done right now and of course the draft is all about projection, so I wondered if that statistic was out there and I didn't know about it. 
Cheers.

I do believe he’s in the conversation. The browns have a ton of “minds” involved in this and they all want to be GMs. I think there are probably at least a couple - Mcloughan and the analytics guy - who feel Mayfield is the best qb in the draft. And if they believe the Jets want him at 3 as has been reported, they would need to take him at 1. Its an intriguing possibility but it will depend on who has the final call. 

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Because they have about 15 different decision makers from all different backgrounds giving their input. It's a mess

We posted the same thought at the same time. It’s totally real too.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

I do believe he’s in the conversation. The browns have a ton of “minds” involved in this and they all want to be GMs. I think there are probably at least a couple - Mcloughan and the analytics guy - who feel Mayfield is the best qb in the draft. And if they believe the Jets want him at 3 as has been reported, they would need to take him at 1. Its an intriguing possibility but it will depend on who has the final call. 

If the Browns can't decide between Allen and Mayfield they really should accept a trade with the Bills. We would take Darnold at 1, Jets would take Allen or Mayfield at 3, and they could have the other one at 4. They could even trade up again from 12 to grab Ward or Smith or something like that.

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We posted the same thought at the same time. It’s totally real too.

What I tussle with is the input of Paul Depodesto in the draft process. As a Mets fan, I'm pretty familiar with the mini-Jonah Hill. Part of me says the GM has shut them out and down. It's his deal. Part of me says there is just so much smoke there.

Let's just get to May and put this behind us.

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Stuff like this doesn't help the kid. This is definitely not a good look as you prepare for the biggest job interview of your life. 

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2018-04-18-baker-mayfield-has-too-much-on-his-plate-for-the-chargers/

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1533200

Did you see what the Chargers GM (Buffalo native) said yesterday? Love it

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Mayfield at 1 is probably the worst scenario for us. If that happens it becomes a possibility that Darnold goes 2 and Rosen goes 3. I could see the Jets taking Allen if Mayfield isn't there so maybe it works out in the end but I'd be nervous.

Yep... ugh.  pray that Jackson or Rudolph pan out in 2019 and beyond.

1 hour ago, GG said:

We're in the 24-48 hour window when you suddenly get mysterious social media leaks of pictures with a bong gas mask.

Baker.  Replace the "r" with a "d".  Coincidence?

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Currently watching ESPN Get up show. Greenie is reporting there is huge news coming out regarding Mayfield that "will make you rip up your mock draft." I'll keep this updated as word comes in...

Edit- Schefter reporting Browns are very big on Mayfield and he has a very real possibility of being their #1 pick..  

I hope this happens , Mayfield is my (by far) my favorite QB in this draft , I would rather him go to Cleveland then the f@$\n Jets ! 

God ? please let Rosen be the one to go to the Jets!!! 

15 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Browns deploying a CIA method of disinformation agents spreading false narrative.  Sneaky sneaky

When picking #1 and you're not trading, then why not just say who you are picking?