Baker Mayfield big news?

Currently watching ESPN Get up show. Greenie is reporting there is huge news coming out regarding Mayfield that "will make you rip up your mock draft." I'll keep this updated as word comes in...

Edit- Schefter reporting Browns are very big on Mayfield and he has a very real possibility of being their #1 pick..  

Edited by JerseyBills

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Currently watching ESPN Get up show. Greenie is reporting there is huge news coming out regarding Mayfield that "will make you rip up your mock draft." I'll keep this updated as word comes in...

Edit- Schefter reporting Browns are very big on Mayfield and he has a very real possibility of being their #1 pick..  

I dont think this happens, but I do think there’s a better chance of Mayfield at #1 than the Giants taking a QB at #2.  They are all in on Saquan Barkley

• Like (+1) 1

This was reported over the weekend  that he’s a possibility at 1. I don’t see it. The Browns aren’t taking a 23 year old QB at 1 just to stash him behind Tyrod and Stanton.   We will see but I’m thinking they take Allen.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

This was reported over the weekend  that he’s a possibility at 1. I don’t see it. The Browns aren’t taking a 23 year old short QB at 1 just to stash him behind Tyrod and Stanton. 

He would beat them out. He's never not played. He would be an annoying little gnat trying to get on the field. No way he sits wherever he goes

Over the last couple of weeks, I've thought Mayfield was the top option for the Browns. Just a few reasons: 1. Accurate, no issues with hitting the open receiver, 2. Style of play - and improvise 3. Good enough arm 4. Competitive leadership style 5. Proven commodity, essentially low risk in terms of resume leading up to the Draft

That said, I'm not particularly sold on him - again to beat the same dead horse - because I question how well he'll do without a clean pocket and enough space to throw over the Defenders. I realize it wasn't an issue in college, but the man nearly had a whole dorm room to himself to throw from while knitting a sweater. He'll have to be able to stay within the pocket, move in it, and throw while it's collapsing in many cases. Now, I'm sure Todd Haley can devise a scheme that utilizes his strengths and minimizes his weakness, but IMHO, since Mayfield is so scheme dependent, I just don't know that I, personally, would want to take that risk at #1. 

• Like (+1) 1