Baker Mayfield big news?

48 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Mayfield at 1 is probably the worst scenario for us. If that happens it becomes a possibility that Darnold goes 2 and Rosen goes 3. I could see the Jets taking Allen if Mayfield isn't there so maybe it works out in the end but I'd be nervous.

This would be the worse scenario for the Jets NOT us , they gave 3 second round picks to move up for Mayfield , Rosen will still be there at 6  actually it wouldn’t surprise me if Rosen is still there at 12 

1 minute ago, PIZ said:

When picking #1 and you're not trading, then why not just say who you are picking?

probably trying to get teams to trade up to 1.  by saying you are taking Baker maybe the Jets will panic and give up their 1st next year to move up.  by sayin gyou are taking Darnold maybe the Giants or Bills try and move up.

45 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Unless the Browns are shopping the first pick, why are they keeping #1 so tight to the vest?

Seems strange.

For that matter if they have their choice locked up why haven't they picked him and put NY on the clock.

Something stinks in Denmark.

Or Dallas.

1 hour ago, Nanker said:

Golden showers tape of him in a Russian hotel room with hookers and coke. :ph34r:

It’ll be months before it gets determined that it’s fake and was paid for by Josh Rosen’s supporters. 

Thanks for making me laugh this morning.  I needed that.

32 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Stuff like this doesn't help the kid. This is definitely not a good look as you prepare for the biggest job interview of your life. 

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2018-04-18-baker-mayfield-has-too-much-on-his-plate-for-the-chargers/

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1533200

I wonder if the Bills interview was one he decided to take seriously?

1 minute ago, MDFan said:

I wonder if the Bills interview was one he decided to take seriously?

I know right? I mean they aren’t drafting in the top 5, and he said he’s not going any later than that...:rolleyes:

None of the other top QBs are acting like him. Sorry but I’m just over him and over all this predraft ****.

Edited by YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I know right? I mean they aren’t drafting in the top 5, and he said he’s not going any later than that...

I am sure his agent would have explained that the Bills are in a position and likely to trade up, but I could see this kid blowing it off anyway, preferring other options, like NY.  Perhaps just Bills fan paranoia, but ....  I prefer Rosen or Darold anyway.

Edited by MDFan
wrong word used

Browns trying to get the Giants or Jets to pony up a pick or two to slide to 1. They must truly believe the Jets want Mayfield and by throwing this out there they can drop to 3 and still get the QB they want, which means they also believe the Giants aren’t trading their pick(for a QB) and aren’t taking a QB themselves

This isn’t really new news, there have been reports that browns are split on Darnold, Allen and Baker.  Some prefer one over the other internally.  

Just that most media refuses to believe it can be anyone other than Darnold, so everyone keeps mostly mocking Darnold until more rumors come out like how the Allen talk kept hearing up.  

Ive been saying all along, Baker is best QB prospect in this draft and I would target him if I was the Browns.  But, personally, I would go Chubb or Barkley #1 then take Baker at 4.  And if someone like Jets took Baker at 3, they could still get the other guy they reportedly love in a Allen at 4.  Only reason Browns should go QB at 1 is if they want Darnold or see whatever other QB they truly want as the only must get guy.  

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

When picking #1 and you're not trading, then why not just say who you are picking?

Because the team picking #1 gains absolutely nothing from saying so.  It gives every other team a small advantage. 

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This was reported over the weekend  that he’s a possibility at 1. I don’t see it. The Browns aren’t taking a 23 year old QB at 1 just to stash him behind Tyrod and Stanton.   We will see but I’m thinking they take Allen.

Well, it is the Browns we’re talking about here..

2 hours ago, Nanker said:

Golden showers tape of him in a Russian hotel room with hookers and coke. :ph34r:

It’ll be months before it gets determined that it’s fake and was paid for by Josh Rosen’s supporters. 

2 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

He grew 2 inches?

Same pics ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SteveFreeman22 said:

You don't need smokescreen stuff when you have the no. 1 pick.

I posted this before the news came out. However, if you're trying to get value and trade out of the first pick, then maybe you do...

Can't wait for Thursday night to be done with all of this....