Peter Schrager: somehow, some way, Sam Darnold is a Buffalo Bill

5 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Wow. Not that I want the Jets or Phins to be good. But it would be pretty cool seeing Mayfield, Darnold, and Rosen fighting it out in the AFC East for the next ten years, while the Pats fade into oblivion.

I know it's unlikely that all three will pan out anyway. But it would give us the most interesting division for a little while at least.

It would be nice to see the AFCE regain some glory. I hope our young QB is the one to knock Brady off his pedestal. 

27 minutes ago, Last Guy on the Bench said:

Wow. Not that I want the Jets or Phins to be good. But it would be pretty cool seeing Mayfield, Darnold, and Rosen fighting it out in the AFC East for the next ten years, while the Pats fade into oblivion.

I know it's unlikely that all three will pan out anyway. But it would give us the most interesting division for a little while at least.

I think its very likely that all three QBs end up to the Bills, Jets and Dolphins. No one talks about the Dolphins much, but there's no way that Gase is sticking with Tannehill, and it seems that Rosen will be well within the target of them trading up.

The kicker would be if the Patriots drafted Lamar Jackson. I could see Belichick really craving the challenge of winning with a whole new offensive system, especially with Jackson's skill set. He's been there done that with the "old school" drop back QB. 

The AFC East would be cra-cra if this happened.

Edited by 1billsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

Darnold would be by third, (after Mayfield and Rosen) but your logic is likely spot-on.   And I'd be fine with Darnold.  

didn't this happen to Jim Kelly also??

Yeah. Kelly wanted to play for Penn State but they wanted him to play linebacker. In fact, I think several schools had the intention of switching his position. Miami was one of the only "big name" schools to come through with a scholarship and the guarantee that he would stay at QB.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

The Bills will probably at least have to throw in a pair of Sketchers horseshoes for equine-faced Elway in order to seal a deal...

He not only looks like one but is known to act like an A$$ as well. I wouldn't wait to trade with this guy while on the clock at pick 5. I would rather deal with Cleveland or NYG to get in front of him. I think Denver has done way too much work this off season on college QBs to pass on one. 

Elway.png

Elway2.png

• Haha (+1) 1

I  tolerated 45 min of Cavs talk to give you this tidbit from Dustin Fox’s show. So you better appreciate it. lol. He said wrt to his tweet about Browns and Mayfield/Allen... he talked to two people with connections to the Browns (who do not know each other) and they both gave them those two names. He said he believes Allen is the pick.

mayfield is the alternate if they trade out of 1 and Allen is gone when they pick. 

Btw I haven’t looked at the Tyrod thread but the Browns are really parading him around as the QB ... it’s nothing like how the Bills are presenting AJ. Fwiw

they are totally setting it up as the guy they draft is some developmental guy.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought tolerated 45 min of Cavs talk to five uoy this tidbit from Dustin Fox’s show. So you better appreciate it. lol. He said wrt to his tweet about Browns and Mayfield/Allen... he talked to two people with connections to the Browns (who do not know each other) and they both gave them those two names. He said he believes Allen is the pick.

mayfield is the alternate if they trade out of 1 and Allen is gone when they pick. 

Another day of bloody marys? I kid :lol:

3 hours ago, kdiggz said:

interceptions and fumbles don't bother anybody?  how about the wonky throwing motion and poor footwork in the pocket?  not worth trading all of those extra picks over someone like Rosen.  would be a very poor decision based on where we are picking in this draft.  if we were picking #1 and we had our choice then fine you can talk yourself into him maybe but the extra picks make it not worth it value-wise.  Rosen is the best QB in the draft and he will be available at 5

The fumbles bother me, but I am fairly certain the interception rate is on par with Rosens.  So if that bothers you about Darnold it should with Rosen as well.

7 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The fumbles bother me, but I am fairly certain the interception rate is on par with Rosens.  So if that bothers you about Darnold it should with Rosen as well.

Nope. See above. Rosen's strength is that he puts the ball where others can't get it. Darnold makes far more bonehead plays where you are like what the heck was he thinking on that one. Reminds me of Fitzpatrick in that regard. And the kicker is that Darnold's offense is far more completion friendly. It's a lot of quick throws and crossing routes

16 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I  tolerated 45 min of Cavs talk to give you this tidbit from Dustin Fox’s show. So you better appreciate it. lol. He said wrt to his tweet about Browns and Mayfield/Allen... he talked to two people with connections to the Browns (who do not know each other) and they both gave them those two names. He said he believes Allen is the pick.

Btw I haven’t looked at the Tyrod thread but the Browns are really parading him around as the QB ... it’s nothing like how the Bills are presenting AJ. Fwiw

they are totally setting it up as the guy they draft is some developmental guy.

Tyrod with receivers he doesn't have to throw open..........I can understand the optimism.

Bills need a QB who can throw THRU defenders to get their garbage WR corps open.    Easy to see the lack of optimism for AJ who was pretty meh with a top 5 WR/TE corps in Cinci.