Aaron Rodgers 'You've got to trust the process'

TSNBDSC

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The 76ers disagree.

The 76ers had the worst losing season span in all the major leagues' history. While teams not intentionally tanking for about 5 years straight did fine drafting well and having good coaches.. Bucks, Celtics, Jazz. I hope whoever coined "the process" (was it Beane or us?) isn't thinking 76ers process.

Aaron Rodgers rubs people the wrong way and I've heard his teammates don't like him. He has attitude concerns and he has interests outside of football. Plus he's from California so he can't play in cold weather. He's also injury prone, he was out all last season! Definite bust, I don't want him on my team

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

Aaron Rodgers rubs people the wrong way and I've heard his teammates don't like him. He has attitude concerns and he has interests outside of football. Plus he's from California so he can't play in cold weather. He's also injury prone, he was out all last season! Definite bust, I don't want him on my team

Yeah.  He should pry set behind a veteran future pro bowl QB for three years as he's still somewhat of a project.

44 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Does anyone know if the 76ers had it first?  Haven’t seen anyone bring that up yet.

I dont know if the 6ers are the very first but yes, the phrase was popularized by them.

The thing is McDermott's line was "Respect the Process". But everybody says it as Trust the Process like the 6ers do.

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

The 76ers had the worst losing season span in all the major leagues' history. While teams not intentionally tanking for about 5 years straight did fine drafting well and having good coaches.. Bucks, Celtics, Jazz. I hope whoever coined "the process" (was it Beane or us?) isn't thinking 76ers process.

I wouldn’t say the Bucks have done fine, out side of Giannis there coaching, roster construction has been pretty bad

but as a sixers fan I think McD does have a different meaning behind the process then sam hinkie did, McD uses it more as the preparation and hard work that goes into winning as where Hinkie used it as what goes into being as bad as possible to get capital to find franchise players as well as a couple role players. The hinkie way is almost impossible to do in the NFL as in the NBA you really just need one franchise player

4 hours ago, TSNBDSC said:

Yes and he is also very clearly unhappy about his QB coach being replaced without his input which will hurt when the renegotiate that contract.

It does not mean organization should have done what he wanted but consulted with him in private about it.

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Yeah.  He should pry set behind a veteran future pro bowl QB for three years as he's still somewhat of a project.

He's still aloof as he was when he got drafted. And favre did his darndest to undermine Rodgers at every turn. Not really the best situation for a project QB. Not to mention Rodgers still has the exact same weird throwing motion he came into the NFL with.

18 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

He's still aloof as he was when he got drafted. And favre did his darndest to undermine Rodgers at every turn. Not really the best situation for a project QB. Not to mention Rodgers still has the exact same weird throwing motion he came into the NFL with.

I'll take an aloof Josh Rosen if he turns out like Aaron Rodgers.

7 hours ago, WMDman said:

I wouldn’t say the Bucks have done fine, out side of Giannis there coaching, roster construction has been pretty bad

but as a sixers fan I think McD does have a different meaning behind the process then sam hinkie did, McD uses it more as the preparation and hard work that goes into winning as where Hinkie used it as what goes into being as bad as possible to get capital to find franchise players as well as a couple role players. The hinkie way is almost impossible to do in the NFL as in the NBA you really just need one franchise player

Is hinkie still GM? Idc how good they are now, that tanking is embarrassing.. 1 or 2 seasons is okay. I'd fire him in a hot minute

1 hour ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Is hinkie still GM? Idc how good they are now, that tanking is embarrassing.. 1 or 2 seasons is okay. I'd fire him in a hot minute

Nah, the league made him resign, Its Bryan Colangelo and hes been aight

2 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Yeah, it’s definitely a catch 22.  You basically screeed over your fans for 3 years, not trying to win.  Of course now, they have 2 superstar players and are one of the most dangerous teams in the nba.  But you shouldn’t be awarded for losing. 

Personally, it’s kinda why if we would have missed the playoffs last year, it would have been a total disaster.  This team have little talent right now and needs all the high picks it can.  My nightmare was not having a high enough pick to get a qb.  Hopefully they can make it happen.

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

And yet, they wouldn't be where they are without it.

So, there's that.

Sure they could. Ask a competent GM like ainge for the Celtics

And uh.. they're not really lighting up the NBA. for all that tanking they're now just a playoff hopeful, like the bucks, jazz, Celtics, raptors, heat.. all teams pretty much built through draft. Which of those teams had the worst continuous record in sports the major sport league's history?? The GM sucks. Anyone can tank for that long and get an okay team. A better GM like ainge don't need that.

Ps everyone sorry to hikack about basketball. 

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks

1 minute ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

The Sixers pre-tank and the Sixers post tank is all the proof you need that it worked.

Trying to compare the sixers (an historically incompetent franchise) to the Celtics (one that's not incompetent) is disingenuous at best.

7 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

The Sixers pre-tank and the Sixers post tank is all the proof you need that it worked.

Trying to compare the sixers (an historically incompetent franchise) to the Celtics (one that's not incompetent) is disingenuous at best.

Then compare them to the raptor or jazz, just listed like 8 teams for you that didn't screw their fans over for 3 years.

I get tanking, play your young guys and all that when you feel the season is over. Sixers were tanking from day 1. Little respect. Like I said, I'd be a good GM if the FO let me go on the worst record in history.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Then compare them to the raptor or jazz, just listed like 8 teams for you that didn't screw their fans over for 3 years.

I get tanking, play your young guys and all that when you feel the season is over. Sixers were tanking from day 1. Little respect. Like I said, I'd be a good GM if the FO let me go on the worst record in history.

List the players acquired by tanking from day 1 and you'll see why it was the right thing.

Just now, PetermanThrew5Picks said:
4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

:rolleyes:

Oh and don't forget nerlens and okafor, the GM couldn't even tank well

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

:rolleyes:

Is fultz a superstar? Last I checked donavan Mitchell is the best of that class

18 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

And uh.. they're not really lighting up the NBA. for all that tanking they're now just a playoff hopeful, like the bucks, jazz, Celtics, raptors, heat.. all teams pretty much built through draft. Which of those teams had the worst continuous record in sports the major sport league's history?? The GM sucks. Anyone can tank for that long and get an okay team. A better GM like ainge don't need that.

Ps everyone sorry to hikack about basketball. 

The 76's aren't a "playoff hopeful".  They are in the playoffs.

The 76ers have the 5 best record in the NBA.  they were 7 th in scoring. 

The 2 best players on the Celtics were not drafted by Ainge.  Same for his best player last season. 

Of Miami's 7 top scorers/starters, only 2 were drafted by Miami (and one was a million seasons ago).

Three of the Raptors top 5 scorers were not drafted by Toronto.

The 76ers GM "sucks" because he has turned around a bad roster and drafted his way to a solid playoff team.

This is an impossible take to "take" seriously.  You don't even watch the NBA, do you?

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The 76's aren't a "playoff hopeful".  They are in the playoffs.

The 76ers have the 5 best record in the NBA.  they were 7 th in scoring. 

The 2 best players on the Celtics were not drafted by Ainge.  Same for his best player last season. 

Of Miami's 7 top scorers/starters, only 2 were drafted by Miami (and one was a million seasons ago).

Three of the Raptors top 5 scorers were not drafted by Toronto.

The 76ers GM "sucks" because he has turned around a bad roster and drafted his way to a solid playoff team.

This is an impossible take to "take" seriously.  You don't even watch the NBA, do you?

I do. I've watched the 76ers for 7 years lol. Whatever. I'm over it